“Outstanding service and beautiful hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 598 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding service and beautiful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We arrived late in the evening and multiple staff had stayed up to greet us warmly. They took the time to show us around the gorgeous facilities including the yoga room, massage room, library and general sitting areas. The place is decorated immaculately, the rooms are extremely clean and well-furnished. The restaurant at the top of the building is lovely. We were disappointed that we could not stay longer, but we only had one night scheduled in New Delhi. The one downside is the location of the hotel away from the prime tourist and shopping spots. For a quick trip in and out of the city, this is a great place to stay. For those wanting to be located in a more central area this may not be the right option, although we would not hesitate to recommend it for the impeccable hospitality.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Cannot fault Shanti Home, from arranging to pick us up from the railway station near to the hotel rather than fight away through the crowds at Old Delhi station, to giving us the loveliest welcome of any hotel in India. The hotel is gorgeous, full of really beautiful artefacts and furnishings, with stunning lounges to read, play games, watch dvds or go online. We were delighted to be upgraded to premium rooms that were large, very comfortable, beautifully presented, pristine and just lovely restful places to recover in, with big modern bathrooms to enjoy. Great food on offer at the rooftop restaurant and I was so well looked after when asked about shopping. A Metro map was produced, the relevant stops were highlighted, shopping suggestions offered and I was accompanied to the Metro station by a member of staff. Shanti Home is only a short walk from a Metro stop and a half hour Metro ride from Connaught Place. Had only a brief stay here and enjoyed every minute, the staff were friendly and helpful, and would have really liked to have stayed longer.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

As a starting point,on line booking direct with the hotel works very well so do not hesitate to contact them direct.
The rooms are reasonably spacious,especially the bathrooms and there are the very comfortable beds with their marble bases.Everything is spotless.
If you have the time,try the massage and the cookery course ! Breakfasts are above average.
You are very much looked after here,for example,the offer of a very pleasant staff member to walk us down to the metro on the first morning.Do use the metro to travel into the centre ; it has air con and is fast.
We would like to especially mention the help we had from Pooja when our booking for the next hotel we (thought)we had booked fell through.Basically,she got on the phone/web and sorted out an alternative for us ! Really beyond the call of duty !

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

An oasis of peace away from the noise on the streets, this hotel offers a very warm welcome and superb service. The rooms and lounges on each floor are beautifully furnished and decorated with traditional carvings, pictures and icons to give a sense of stylish history. Large bathroom with walk-in shower was bliss after a long journey, and free pick up from the airport made our arrival very smooth. We were greeted with garlands of marigolds and an inhalation of scented oils - nice touch. The hotel organised very reasonably priced, air conditioned car trips to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and Red Fort, and sightseeing around Delhi to maximise our limited time. We also took advantage of an Ayurvedic massage in the spa room after a long day out in the heat. The rooftop restaurant has its own tandoori oven and cooks really tasty dishes, with your particular needs in mind. The only downside is that although great for getting to the airport, it is quite a long way from the main sights of Delhi, and it can take 1 1/2 hours by car to get to these from the hotel, particularly in the morning rush. However, overall, it was a really comfortable place to stay and the staff couldn't have been friendlier and more helpful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We arrived at Shanti Home from the airport. We'd heard that Delhi can be overwhelming and exhausting. The serene calm of Shanti Home meant we found Delhi delightful. Pooja and her team really take trouble to make sure guests are well-looked after. Its about 40 minutes away from the centre of town by metro, and on the first morning a member of staff came with us to the station and helped us to buy our tickets. We also had a wonderful cookery lesson with the chefs - great fun. All the food in the restaurant was very good, but the Tandoori Chicken was the best I have ever tasted! We returned for the last night of our holiday, and it was a perfect way to end a wonderful holiday. One of the staff came with me to the local sweet shop to help me buy Indian sweets for work colleagues. Such kindness. I know there are cheaper places to stay, but I am really glad we chose Shanti Home.

Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've been to lots of hotels but shanti house takes some beating. Firstly, it's a guest house and not an antiseptic McDonald's style international hotel. So you feel you are in India rather than a hotel anywhere. It's owners stress home style accommodation and you feel you are staying with friends who try and ensure your stay in Delhi is a good experience.
For instance, I was having problems as an overseas applicant trying to get my Indian rail tickets to Jodhpur, Jaipur and Agra. For those of you who have tried you'll know what I'm talking about. It's a real pain. So I emailed shanti with my chosen rail times (the schedules are easy to find on India rail) and Pooja at Shanti booked all my seats. I offered to send her payment but she said no, I could pay after I arrived. A lovely surprise in this day and age.
They arranged my transfer from the airport seamlessly. Next they transferred me to a conference hotel where I had to attend using that chain of hotels. The contrast was striking. Next they transferred me from my conference hotel to old Delhi station for the start of my train journey. The driver taking me to my booked carriage. Brilliant.
After 7 days travelling they met me again at Delhi station for my last night at Shanti before flying home to Brisbane. It was just like coming home.
Shanti welcome you and take care of you in every way. There are no TVs in the rooms, but there is a library and TV room. The rooms are large and decorated in tasteful Indian style with en-suite bathrooms. They have a spa and massage if you want them. The terrace restaurant on the roof is a delight. The food is superb and the service excellent. They can't do enough for you.
As for the metro it is just a short walk away. On my first day there, Pooja allocated a young man to take me to the station and showed me how the system works. It's also a good way to get used to the hub hub of Delhi. I suggest you get the tourist or pre-paid tickets rather than the single journey tokens. It's much easier and saves time buying tokens at each station. Queues can be long and they like small change. So buy an all day tourist card at 100 rupees or minimum 150 rupees for a pre-paid, but not time lapsing card. Rush hour is a squeeze, so expect it. Otherwise the metro is a good way to beat the traffic jams.
The staff at shanti they are superb. Nothing is too much trouble. Advice offered is to save you, time, money and make your stay in Delhi enjoyable. They booked me a cyclo tour of old Delhi and it was well worth while. Highly recommended. Pooja is a gem and she kept track of me throughout my travels by email. She also gave me a mobile to use in Delhi (in case I got lost or needed help) and on my trip. I returned it on my last day. Beat that for service!
If you come to Delhi you can't beat the Shanti House. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Delhi.
Jim

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Karlsruhe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel is tidy with beautiful rooms and an extremely friendly and helpful staff. When we arrived there we were a little bit exhausted after nearly four weeks in Nepal and India, but what we found there was beyond any description. It started with a wonderful wedding cake the staff had prepared for us a s welcome present (it was our honeymoon...). During the following two days we spent in this hotel this place met all the high expectations evoked at the beginning with considerate and friendly people, be it at The Lantern (the wonderful restaurant on the roof top), at the reception desk, or the masseur and the cleaning personnel. There is just no other option than awarding full 5 out of 5!
Daniel & Marie (Germany)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Shanti Home? Share your experiences!