“Price and performance do not fit together” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Munich, Germany
“Price and performance do not fit together”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Attracted by the reviews from Trip Advisor I could not believe how Shanti Home seems to get away with the rates they ask for. For a luxury room (nice and clean but nothing special) ca. Euro 120,00 (off-season! is really a lot considering that you have to travel a long way to central Delhi.
The people working there are extremely nice and helpful and it really feels like a Home. But out of curiosity I checked the rates of two nice colonial hotels in Delhi and the rate of one was even lower than Shanti Home. How this can be justifies I do not know.
Shanti Home is a really nice and special guest house if you want to be closer to the airport but for sight-seeing in Delhi I would never choose it again. The restaurant prices are also exaggerated.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tunbridge Wells, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the first night of our first trip to India. We arrived at 7 a.m. in the morning after an overnight lfight and were immediately offered our room. The hotel is about 45 minutes from Central Delhi but the jouney there was an experience in itself - chaotic traffic and a colourful kaleidescope of Indian life on both sides of the road! It was a nice place to come home to and the rooftop restaurant was relaxing and served very reasonable food. The staff were friendly and helpful and we would definitely recommend it as a goodstarting point of any Indian trip.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My wife stayed here for two days on her way back from Nepal to the States , she was picked up from the airport , they provided transportation to the Taj Mahal and back to the airport . All this was organized online trough emails . I was very concerned because my Wife was traveling by her self , we don’t know India this was the first time in this part of the World and we heard all kind of horror stories . Well there was no reason for us to be worried . Shanti Home rose to the occasion they did everything they have promised online and exceeded all of our expectations , the staff was extremely friendly , the hospitality was at the highest level and the room was clean and spacious . Thank you all at Shanty Home and I highly recommend this Hotel to everybody just a fantastic place to stay and to feel welcome and yes to fell at Home .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Akaroa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed here one night en route to Leh. It's a laid back little hotel with generous rooms, good facilities and nice common areas on each floor.

They were great to deal with online and easy to organise transport to and from airport with. I checked in early (no problem) and ate in the rooftop restaurant, which provides good views across the neighbourhood.

It is slightly out of the way, but finding transport in Delhi is rarely a problem.

The staff are helpful and the price is reaonable. I'd go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in a Premium Room. It's worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Fort Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the start of our 2 week Rustic India tour and can't say enough good things about this hotel!! The room was quite big & spotless, the staff extremely helpful & friendly and the food from the restaurant on the roof top was probably the best we had in India!! As we were with a group we had a small reception on the first night with lots of little goodies & fun!! Highly recommend this place!!

Stayed September 2012
Reykjavik, Iceland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

What a way to end the India adventure. After a trouble free flight from the south, we arrived early evening at the Shanti home, greeted by their wonderful staff in true Hindu tradition. It was as their warm welcome filled us with the tranquility and balance which certainly characterized the whole stay at Shanti home. The group I was travelling with occupied four rooms, and they were all great, very spacious, sizeable bathroom with two sinks and a shower. I didn’t check the other rooms for a bathtub, but my room hadn’t and I didn’t bother. At the evening of arrival we were greeted with a fantastic meal at the rooftop restaurant. What a nice and comfortable place to enjoy your food and drink. The service there was impeccable regardless of time of day, breakfast or dinner.
This oasis is such a contrast to the world outside, and I guess that adds so much to the charm of it. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I had a great stay here during the first night of a one month trip in India and Nepal. Our room was beautiful and spotless, the food was great and the staff were extremely attentive and helpful. I especially appreciated the way they anticipated our needs in our jet lagged and overwhelmed state. Highly recommend.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shanti Home? Share your experiences!