“Can't recommend” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ashiana

You added Hotel Ashiana to your Saves list
Hotel Ashiana
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   50,Ara Kashan Road,Ram Nagar, | Ram Nagar, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #452 of 921 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“Can't recommend”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

It wasn't the most horrible place I've ever stayed in, but for what we paid, we could have had a better, safer room in a better part of Delhi. Our room was small and packed with furniture, it hadn't been dusted in a long time, the curtains were really dirty and were hiding more dirt on the wall behind them, and not only would I not go barefoot in the shower, I wouldn't even take a shower. The bathroom had rusty fixtures and grungy looking tile. It just wasn't clean or welcoming and the neighborhood is a bit dangerous, but we didn't know that when we booked it. No restaurant is available and we had to walk quite a distance to get to a restaurant for breakfast. Overall, it was just okay, but not a a good value for the money. We didn't see a swimming pool, but I see the ratings below ask me to rate the pool. I didn't see it, so cannot comment except to say that no amount of money would get me in a pool at this hotel after seeing how dirty my room was.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room here...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I paid around £15/day for a luxury room. Luxury??? My room was extremely small so barely I can't move or feel comfortable. The sheets and towels were clean but not the room itself nor the toilet either.
They had internet facilities but not always work fine. The same with the TV channels.
The pictures in the website look lovely but I couldn't identify any of them in the real hotel I stayed in.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We booked online looking at pictures and promised services,hovever on arrival
we found totally different. The air conditions sparked several time and none were working coorectly. All furnitures are 3rd class. Bathrooms were extremly dirty and not cleaned. We do not recommend at all for this motel

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Johor Bahru, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Went to this place with high hopes based on the pictures online and it was also one of the hotels recommended in Air Asia Go. The condition of hotel was terrible. Lobby was poorly kept. Rooms were very old and the toilets were filthy. We doubt whether the sheets and the blankets were even changed. For a good location, try the nearby hotels - Hotel Krishna - a new hotel with ok pricing but unfortunately not listed online

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

It is near to the railway station and my work place was also walking distance from here, so I booked this hotel. I stayed for two nights and I dont think I will stay here again. The room and the toilet were dirty and require renovation. The room was very small and had a tiny window. I had booked a Non-AC room but I shifted to an AC room next day. The Non-AC room was very small and suffocating. The carpets are torn and smelly. The tv was not working but I didnt have time to watch it or complain about it. The staff are rude and indifferent. Room service food was expensive and not at all good but there are plenty of restaurants nearby. They gave free internet in the AC room. The hotel was crowded and even late at night there was a lot of noise. They didn't change the towels or bedsheets. When I told them to change they behave das if they are doing a great favour.

Stay away from here....For the same price one can certainly get a better hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

Stayed here during Commonwealth Games, the hotel didn't have email when i stayed so I wasn't able to make use of their free airport pick up offer.

On arrival they couldn't find my reservations, we were promptly given a key anyway and shown to our room. The room on initial inspection looked nice, however after we noticed the beds were rock hard, they had no second sheet or blanket, the toilet seat was broken, the sheets were slightly marked. The door didn't have a latch to close it from the inside, instead a bolt secured the door while you were on the inside.

The hotel is near a mass rickshaw station, not a real one just a heap of drivers are always gathered at the end of the st.

Very important take the hotel card with you as most drivers don't know street names, also rickshaws and taxis are for some reason reluctant to stop directly at the door of the hotel, so you will need to walk from either corner.

After the state of the room we didn't bother with looking at the breakfast menu. Mind you that when we ordered room service it didn't show up, we fell asleep waiting for the room service to arrive.

We booked the airport taxi service at the hotel, they took us to the wrong airport and then got angry when we had to get him to take us to the correct terminal.

I stayed here as it was cheap, but I am wishing that I paid more to stay somewhere else..

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dehradun, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

Nice hotel, quiet clean, good service and quiet location.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Ashiana? Share your experiences!