“Comfortable and Safe” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Comfortable and Safe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

We stayed at the Tej Abode January 2012 as part of our first trip to India. We chose the Tej Abode because of the previous excellent reviews on trip advisor, value for money and also for the experience of a home stay. We found ourselves feeling very comfortable, safe and well looked after by all the staff. Bhawna was always available by phone if we needed advice or anything else. Anything we asked for was done immediately with no problems. The location (despite our initial reservations) was excellent, away from the madness of Central Delhi and a few minutes walk to a variety of restaurants and shops. I notice on another review it mentions that the Tej is not as luxurious as a 5 star hotel, I think if you are looking for a 5 star hotel then stay at one and pay the premium, however, if you want to be safe, comfortable, well looked after and have a more homely experience stay here. I would recommend to a friend and would stay here again should I return to Delhi.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I am a frequent business visitor to Delhi and have been looking for a clean, well maintained and comfortable place to stay that suits my budget. After a lot of trials I discovered Tej Abode 4 or 5 months ago. I have not booked another place since.

Very tastefully done, with all comforts that one needs Tej Abode just works for me. I am a very frequent traveller and have stayed in B&Bs to 5 Star hotels in India. Europe and US. I would rate Tej Abode among the best in the price bracket.

Food is excellent - Home cooked in North Indian style.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Hello there,

Thank you so much for sparing the time and writing this extensive, well thought of review. The sense of satisfaction when a guest appreciates their stay is quite immeasurable.

We look forward to your next stay with us , soon.

Be well,
Bhawna and Vikram.
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

I was solely responsible for arranging a trip to India for my daughter and her family who has settled in USA. The purpose was to show our grandchildren about our heritage. They could not have a better start as Bhawna and her staff were extremely helpful. We all had an excellent time and would remember our few days in Delhi for ever. It felt like home after coming back to Tej abode in the evening after either shopping or sightseeing.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
vylodging, Owner at Tej Abode, responded to this review, February 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for the review you have posted. It always feels nice to be appreciated for your work.

Be well,
Bhawna
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stay at Tej Abodes, GK-2 frequently on my visits to Delhi. It's always a great experience with Bhavna and her staff, not to mention the tasteful decor of the spacious rooms/lounge and the great food. It has become just like going home!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

I really could write all day about the many wonderful reasons to stay here. As I had to stay in Delhi for around 80 days, I found that this property best suited my budget. I arrived with minimal expectation, thinking it would just compare to many other non-descript B&B stays over the years. I was totally wrong. What makes this place so special is the service, you'd be delighted to receive it in a Grand Hyatt or Four Seasons, yet alone a B&B! Bhawna, Vikram and their wonderful staff simply could not do enough for us. My computer broke, and I simply asked where I could get it looked at. Before I knew it, a professional repair had been arranged at such a reasonable price, (10 times cheaper than back home). It was my partners 30th birthday, and Bhawna and Vikram arranged a lovely drinks and food evening and a birthday cake, a really special evening! We were treated to afternoon's out at some great markets, shown the insider's Delhi... honestly, the list is endless!!! The housekeeping is spotless, the food made to order from fresh ingredients, bed linen flawless, staff always as polite and friendly as possible.... I cannot think of another hotel/B&B experience, whatever price bracket that left me bowled over by the warmest most sincere guest service. This place deserves to be number 1, and if it's keeps doing what it's doing, this will only be a matter of time! (On a general note, this property is literally a 1-2 minute walk from M Block Market, GK2, which has a Costa Coffee, 24 hour convenience store, a great selection of bars and restaurants, junk food, fine dining, salons, spa's, chemists.... extremely convenient!)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

We were a group of 10 people, so booked out all the rooms in this guest house and had an extremely pleasant and comfortable stay for 3 nights, which worked out perfectly as we had the place to ourselves. It really felt as though we were staying at home, and the staff were so helpful and accommodating....the caretaker was a great cook and could cook anything we asked him to which was always finger licking! The rooms and bathrooms were nice decorated and spacious. One of the owners, Bhawna was lovely and and really helpful, especially when we needed help as 'lost tourists' for shopping and sight seeing tips! I would definitely not hesitate recommending this place to anyone... the price is very reasonable and the comfort levels and service are not even comparable to what you would get at some of the 5 star hotels! I look forward to staying here again on my next stay in Delhi!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We stayed at the GK-2 appartment for 9 days at the end of Feb-2011. Bhawna and her team took very good care of us. They did not hesitate to help and advice and direct us and made our stay truly special. Ganga Ram took care of our meals and the appartment. He was a true gem and went out of his way to make our stay comfortable. Every member of Bhawna's team (Manju & Artmiss) make us feel at home. My husband and I want to thank the whole team for a wonderful time we had while in New Delhi. It was a great experience and we’ll do it again. The apartment and the building could use some facelift but the hospitality more then made up for it. It was truly home away from home. Look forward to seeing you again next year. We have recommended this to all our friends.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Tej Abode? Share your experiences!