“Fantastic staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ashu Palace

You added Hotel Ashu Palace to your Saves list
Hotel Ashu Palace
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   12A/34, WEA,Saraswati Marg,, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #347 of 918 New Delhi B&B and Inns
cumbria
“Fantastic staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

I recently stayed here as part of a tour group. Initially I found the place very clean and tidy and the staff were also very friendly. After checking out of the hotel I was unfortunately robbed of all my possesions and had no choice but to leave the group and return to the hotel to get everything sorted.

Upon my return the management and staff were absolutly brilliant. They helped in everyway possible, offering me a discounted rate on the room, letting family call the hotel numerous times and making phone calls on my behalf to name a few gestures. Generally offering support, advice and reassurance. As a single female alone in Delhi my appreciation of their hospitality is priceless.

• Stayed October 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Volgograd, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

For Delhi it is clean, friendly service and magnificent meal. Some rooms havn't big window, as the Parisian hotels. And some rooms very big. But hotel quite comfortable. Was pleasure for us to visit here.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Regina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2008

Very nice place in the middle of Karol Bagh, close to the market.
Friendly staff, they helped us a lot with some questions we had.

• Liked — Friendly staff, great location
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rome
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

The pick-up car which we had arranged with the hotel via e-mail did not show up at the airport. We phoned and were very unfriendly told to get on a cab but... the address they sent us was not correct (it's in a side street but they claim to be on a main road) so the taxi had no idea and tried to drop us in the middle of a market.

Once there, at first they did not find the booking. Then once they found it we discovered that the internet which we were promised and assured was in the room was not there at all. Once in the room we found plenty of body hair in the bedsheet, which for this price is unacceptable in India. Then, we needed to phone to Europe and were charged TEN times the going rate from any ISD booth and at check out they tried to charge us for the pick-up car which had not shown up.

Unless you're comfortable with these kind of arrangement, do not go there.

If this is your first time in India ABSOLUTELY AVOID IT, being promised a pick-up at the airport when you will arrive in the middle of the night, with the car that does not show up when you are jet-lagged is a NO NO

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Completely unreliable and untrustworthy service.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2007

A travel agent booked it for me with the promise that this was a very "5-star" quality hotel . I was a woman travelling alone on business and safety was my main concern.Once I checked in..i realised tha the staff wanted to know all your moves..very inquisitive..right down to the bell boy. My clothes were missing and a lizard ( size of an iguana) appeared in my room. The worst part was that the ac blew mud/fine sand onto my bed and the bathroon had this urine smell ALL THE TIME. I asked them to clean time and again..and one day i watched as they did it..but it did not go away.
The Tv worked only when it wanted to..I complained..nothing was done...the computer downstairs..did not work 75% of the time. I was so frustrated.....and the phn lines were always busy..so keeping in touch with my family back home in USA was just impossible. I finally checked out and moved to Le Meridian... at that point it did not matter how expensive the room were.... i just had to move.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the smell
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2007

I have staid in Ashu Palace for one nigt in May and also in September 2007. In May I had a room which was nothing special (very small window, not possible to open), but clean and the staff was friendly. In September I got a very nice and spacious room with a big window. The staff was extremely helpful. Within fifteen minutes I got some food (roomservice, but there is a restaurant as well which actually looks a bit cold and not inviting). As I had to be at the airport at 4 a.m. next morning I asked for a wake-up-call at 3 a.m. I was very much surprised that I was asked wheather I would like to have some tea or coffee in the morning. At such an unfriendly time ! So at 3 a.m. sharp, there was no wake-up-call, but a wake-up-knocking at the door and I could enjoy my early-morning-coffee. No question, the taxi which they had called for me at 3.30 a.m. was also in time.

• Liked — The very-early-morning coffee, means the punctualityand the friendliness of the staff.
  • Disliked — The Restaurant looks not inviting, but the food is good.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Ashu Palace? Share your experiences!