“Okay..” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #547 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Calicut
“Okay..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel is well located. Kerala food was available nearby. Metro and railway station is nearby.

It was a bar attached hotel. So there was a bad smell all around. The first room given was not good. Later they provided a good room. ACs are old window models. Room was not that spacious. But okay for the price in such an expensive city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Got Bluffed by a Auto Driver who Dropped me at this place, Rooms Dirty, Bedsheets unchanged, Smelly Bathroom, Staff no reactive on complaints, Very Bad Experience. Dont stay at this Hotel. You will get much better Hotels at this price in Delhi

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Tallinn, Estonia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Very cold attitude from staff. Smelly bathroom. Ac didnt work. Restaurant was also used as a bar and in the morning there was smell of cigarettes, beer etc. So it wasn't nice at all to eat breakfast there. Still good location and food was eatable.

• Stayed March 2013
Chandigarh, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 3 days in Room No 214 with a rent of Rs.1500/day. It is not an exceptional hotel in Paharganj area. As per advertisement and rate mentioned in makemytrip, neither the facilities I expected were present nor hotel staff informed all about this. No complimentary breakfast, no drinking water and above all for every service I had to call reception, including room service. My request to hotel management and the advertiser, please keep updated photos for the hotel and be informed well while booking the room . Don’t be biased by seeing the reviews of some foreigners, who knows very less about the hotel facilities in India. In this price there are lots of hotel in same area. It is an advice to commuters please checks all the facilities which are mentioned in advertisement. Lastly, don’t be applauded by seeing the “No Tax” label in reception. Enquire properly.

Room Tip: Don't book 2nd floor room, as no lift facility
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Recently my company clients from Australia for a Seminar in our company.we give a nice staying to them in the Hotel Gold Regency,New Delhi.we really thanks to this hotel to provide a nice service to our clients.They appreciate the Hotel Gold Regency by their own way.they appreciate the Staff and services provide by them are really nice.we thanks Hotel Gold regency for their nice corporation to our clients.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
venkatesh c, General Manager at Hotel Gold Regency, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thanks very much sir for giving us the opportunity to serve your clients in our hotel.

we are very pleased to thanks to you for publishing your valuable reviews in tripadvisor..

we hope you will be giving us chance again to give accomoddation to your valuable clients in future in our HOTEL GOLD REGENCY.

Thanks very much

Venkatesh Chinthada
G. manager
HOTEL GOLD REGENCY
Dublin Éire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in September. We wanted a budget option and chose this as we were getting in late on a train and its nearest to station. I think the only reason people go here is because of this proximity and obviously means they dont have to make any effort at all as they are gauranteed footfall. My advice is walk a little farther. They pretend not to be able to speak English at the desk when they just dont want to help you. The place is overpriced for the state of the rooms. It says you get hot water 24 hrs but you have to call reception to have them put it on and they literally put it on for 5 minutes so you need to shower super quick or call twice if theres two of you and even calling doesnt always work. Fleas in the bed.
On a personal note my husband became ill while we were there and was admitted to hospital and when I returned on my own to get all our things and check out early they tried to charge me for another night despite the circumstances and the fact that it was actually still quite early in the day. When I refused and made note of all the problems we had had since we stayed there one older man who worked there seemed to be being nice and trying to help me but when I tried to get into a tuk tuk outside they refused to leave until I paid this older man 'for helping me'. It was all just a really bad experience. Cheap doesnt always have to be nasty.

Room Tip: Walk a little further and do yourself a favour
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We have stayed here for 8 hours only and I got calls from the reception for 4 times in between these hours reg my checkout.. Its really hilarious but understandable as the guy who have taken money from me, didnt probably want to let their management knows reg revenue he got from our occupancy. It seems the general practice here. Anyway, fortunately our luggage was ok in their custody and we didnt have to face any such difficulty staying there. It may have been possible 'coz being an Indian I knew where I can be screwed:) so I was careful.

In my opinion: bargain hard for the room price, check room properly before occupying, dont leave your luggage with them not even in the room (though they didnt seem interested)..I dont think any issue if you are careful.

Room Tip: Check room as well as bathroom properly. Ask whether AC, TV and Geyser working or not.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Gold Regency? Share your experiences!