“A little Oasis in south Delhi” 5 of 5 stars

On The House
B-4/120 | Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi 110029, India   |
Ranked #33 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
North York Moors National Park, United Kingdom
“A little Oasis in south Delhi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

A great place. Not cheap but value. Stayed here on six nights spread between the 15th and 30th of January. We even used 3 different rooms while staying there, all lovely. No problems. A good staff group who look after you and who are kind and helpful with nice breakfasts. They kept our bags safe while we travelled elsewhere for a few days twice. Well appointed and tasteful and very clean. A good quiet suburb of Delhi that is easy to get anywhere via a tuk tuk to Green Park Metro or taxi cheaply. Local food places and safe and quiet (if quiet is possible in Delhi). Never met the owner who is very hands off leaving it to Roger, Ashish and her other Indian workers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Delhi is a hectic city and On The House is an island of tranquility in the midst of it. This bed and breakfast is excellent! The rooms are super clean, the bathrooms have been recently renovated, and the decoration is cozy and welcoming. The staff of the hotel is always helpful and attentive, they will go out of their way to help you out. The location of the hotel is fantastic, only minutes away from the yellow subway line that crosses Delhi north to south, and on which you will find major historical sites. I recommend this hotel to any traveller looking for a comfortable and peaceful stay in a boisterous, cosmopolitan city.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We would have loved to stay here longer but we only had a 2 day stop in Delhi.
The place was lovely and friendly. The rooms cosy and it felt really homely. They organised cars for us and it felt like a really safe place. Great value for money for Delhi....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Salmiyah, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This B&B is five star all the way! The staff is friendly and helpful without being intrusive, breakfast was hot and fresh and delicious - and there was a lot of it! We stayed in the pine room which, like all the others, was beautifully and tastefully decorated. And spotlessly clean. This was the only shower I used in India where I didn't wear shower shoes. Internet is also available and there was a TV in our room, but we didn't use it. It is very easy to get an auto rickshaw to the Green Park metro from here. We left on New Year's Eve and needed the caretaker to give our taxi driver directions at 9PM, and the caretaker called me on my phone even though I didn't have an India number. He and the other two staff members are wonderful and speak excellent English. Our stay was so wonderful and I highly recommend this B&B. Such a unique place! I wish I could have met the owner, who was also very helpful even though she was not in Delhi during my stay. She sent a taxi to pick us up at the airport (we paid, of course) and she texted me directions to the B&B beforehand.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked my stay at On The House after reading great reviews on TripAdvisor. As a lone female traveler in Delhi for the first time I couldn't have asked for better. They arranged airport pick-up and I received a warm welcome on my arrival.
The rooms are beautifully decorated, clean & comfortable. Breakfast selection include fresh fruit, cereal, toast & freshly cooked omelet's. The parantha's still the best I've had in India.
The staff are warm & friendly. Roger went out of his way to help me organize an Indian sim card for my phone & train tickets for the areas I wanted to visit.
My first stay was so such a good experience I re-booked for when my fiance arrived a few weeks later. If I return to Delhi I will certainly return again.

Room Tip: I stayed in 2 rooms both of equal high standard
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Alicante
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a really quirky place, full of collectables. The roof terrace was peaceful to relax, breakfast was OK. Laundry service fantastic - we had all our laundry done before our flight home it was so cheap.

Rooms not cleaned unless you request it which we don't like - prefer room to be cleaned daily automatically.

Didn't really feel "homely" but OK for a short stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

A wonderful place to stay, felt very homely. On making a reservation the staff arranged transport from the Airport. Very appreciated after a long flight. I stayed for a week and really enjoyed being there, got great hospitality and advice on how to navigate the city and plan trips further afield. Laundry service is great. I would love to return.
Mick O'Kelly Ireland

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to On The House? Share your experiences!