“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Haveli Hauz Khas

You added Haveli Hauz Khas to your Saves list
Haveli Hauz Khas
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   | P5, Hauz Khas Enclave, New Delhi 110016, India (Formerly Amarya Haveli) (Hauz Khas)   |
Ranked #24 of 919 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Western Canada
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Amarya Haveli was superb in terms of staff, accommodation, service and facilities. All the people who worked there were delightfully friendly and helpful to us in planning our daily outings. They were willing to arrange transportation for us if needed or provide directions if needed. The breakfasts were lovely and we ate dinner there several evenings and always with pleasure. A real oasis in the midst of a fabulous city. The rooms were spotlessly clean and I would return to stay there anytime.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Amarya Haveli was our first stop on our trip to India and it was fantastic to arrive in such a peaceful beautiful hotel, especially after a long flight. We were told by friends before we went that it's well worth spending the money on a nice place to stay in Delhi and I'd completely agree. Amarya Haveli feels like a real treat - the rooms are beautifully decorated, the staff are really helpful and friendly and the food is fantastic. We loved our breakfasts and dinners - I wouldn't normally choose to eat in a hotel in the evenings, but we loved having a long day out exploring and then coming back to enjoy the terrace and the lovely food. Don't be put off by the location - it's a short and easy auto ride to the metro, which is fantastic - easy to use, quick, clean etc (and we loved the women-only carriage at the front!).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I absolutely loved this little hotel, was a much needed oasis from the busy crazy city!
I loved how each room had it's own character, each one is based on an Indian city. The rooms are big with very high ceilings. They are clean and tidy and comfortable. The staff are excellent, most are very friendly and nice.
They have a wonderful roof/terrace where you can dine, loved this!

The only thing is the doors/walls are thin and you can hear door bells, people talking, doors closing etc in the night/early morning when you are trying to sleep. That was the only problem for me.

Oh and breakfasts were really good!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Most people will have seen this exquisite place pop up in one or most of the guide books, or indeed this site. And it is not without reason, the French guys who run it have a very clear idea of the ambience they want their guest to enjoy and have done a super job in creating what is really a tranquil oasis in the heart of Delhi.

We stayed here for two nights, this being the third time I have stayed but what struck me was that prices have crept inexorably up and small things like the variety at breakfast, the willingness of staff to go the extra mile (which I felt was there on previous trips) was no longer there.

Prices have also crept up and we found ourselves paying much the same as for one of the big hotels which in India is stiff. Interestingly, we noticed a noticeable improvement in the standard of home stays on offer so at the end of our holiday, we stayed in a nearby home stay and found it very comfortable but at a third of the price. The problem will of course be how one ensures that the home stay is of an adequate standard in comparison to the Amarya Haveli. All I can say is that we were lucky and the place we stayed at was more than comparable with the added advantage of living almost with a local family.

We are lucky enough to travel to India every year and whilst I absolutely love this place, on future trips, we will probably be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights while we were at the Indian Grand Prix.The hotel arranged our transport for us over the 3 days and the taxi took us, wated for us and brought us back.
Nothing was any problem for them they even gave us a mobile phone during our stay incase we got lost in Delhi. Our room which was the jaipur room was kept spotlessly clean.We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel and both were excellent.The hotel itself is approx 10 minutes taxi ride from the city centre but it was good to go back to somewhere quiet after the noise of the city. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs would be quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a small but select property will lots of old world charm. The staff are very welcoming and nothing is too much trouble. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean. We had an evening meal and breakfast in the hotel and the food was excellent. There was a short wait for the food because it was cooked to order and so very fresh and extremely tasty. There was indian and European options availble. We found this to be a perfect overnight option as we were travelling on the next day so did not really experience the distances to attractions on this occasion. A very good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Inspired by the excellent reviews in TripAdvisor and me -as a Resort owner myself- looking for a nice Boutique-Hotel- which would be clean, affordable with good service- I found a real treasure in Delhi: The Amarya Haveli! The moment I stepped into this peaceful and amazing villa (one of the best neighborhoods in Delhi and still central enough for exploring the city) " I felt like home"! But in a very good way...;-) Besides of very clean and beautiful decorated rooms under different themes (I stayed 4 nights in "Bollywood" and 2 nights again in "Jodpur", which I both liked very much) the most important point was the personal and attentive service of the staff. Starting from the Reception, the kitchen and others to the French manager which made sure that everything was just PERFECT!...I really tried hard to find something which could be improved and I have to say, there is nothing...;-)...If there is only one point which was a bit difficult...to find the place, especially at night time. Most taxi drivers don´t know about this exceptional place, BUT again...actually no problem, if you take the managers advice and bring your own cell phone, which is provided to each guest during your stay...how thoughtful! So at the end I always found my way back to my little home away from home :-).
Last but not least...It´s actually a B&B, but the kitchens chef is just terrific! I had one of my best meals in entire India and I spent 2 months travelling around. So don´t miss a delicious and home-cooked Indian Thali on the Hotel´s terrace and sip a glass of wine at your personal candle light dinner. It´s just great to be in such a peaceful place away from all the hassle and busy streets outside the Enclave.
Thanks a lot again to the entire staff and the owners who create an exceptional place and I wish you good luck and success for all your future plans! I will come back for sure!

Room Tip: I can recommend to use the Airport-Transfers organised by the Hotel and to use the Hotels service to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Haveli Hauz Khas? Share your experiences!