“Haven of calm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amarya Haveli

You added Amarya Haveli to your Saves list
Amarya Haveli
P-5, Hauz Khas Enclave, Hauz Khas | Near Safdarjung Dev. Area, New Delhi 110016, India (Hauz Khas)   |
Ranked #29 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Haven of calm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Recent stay with family for first timers to Delhi, we were looked after really well with good food and top notch service, rooms clean and lovely mix of modern Indian and French chic. Felt like an oasis of calm when you got back nothing was too much trouble

The food is a little pricey but top quality good to order, the breakfast is wonderful though, Hauz Village and Green Park are close for good value food of every type with a walk through the park to see the deer if you have a family is a great local trip.

Room Tip: all good but the upstairs rooms are a little quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

I recently stayed at Amarya Haveli with my husband while traveling throughout India. This was one of our favorite hotels. If you like small boutique hotels (like all the cool boutique hotels in Buenos Aires) that feel like a home away from home then this is for you!

The hotel is owned/operated by lovely business partners - we met both who were so welcoming and helpful. The other staff we encountered were also lovely.

Each room is decorated based on an Indian Destination so the rooms are vibrant, fun, modern and hip (and of course very clean). We stayed in the Gujarat Room (orange room) and it was adorable.

The food at Amarya Haveli is also very good. They do not have a set menu per say but rather you can tell them what you are in the mood for and they can tell you what fresh fruits, veggies, etc they have available that day and what type of dish the chef can create for you. I think this is such a fun concept and makes your meal a little more interesting. Because of this, it does mean that your meal is going to take a bit longer to prepare but thats because all being made from scratch just for you. I was actually very, very sick while at Amarya Haveli and could not not even keep water in my body. I was very thankful for the food arrangement because the chef was able to prepare a very basic broth based soup for me - which is exactly what my body needed!

Another really nice perk the is the mobile phone the hotel provides you with. It already has a set number of prepaid minutes on it for you to use at no charge. This is such a fantastic idea. This way if you are out and get lost and need something you can call the hotel or if you need to make a call home (out of the country) you can. Just a very thoughtful gesture by the hotel.

I'm not sure if this would be an ideal set up for people traveling as a family, but it is perfect for couples.

Room Tip: Each room is totally unique. Read about the rooms online if you want to request a room based on the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This was our fourth visit to the Haveli and it will not be our last. It makes staying in a city like Delhi seem very easy and relaxed. We are always juggling work and leisure time and this place provides the perfect balance of efficiency and calm. Great staff, good food, reliable drivers and help when you need it, (such as arranging our DHL courier pickup) . We have also come to really enjoy the local Hauz Khas village with its great range of boutiques, art and eating places.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

One of the best place i every been. Rooms are clean and designed with great taste. It was my first visit to India so i felt like beeing in one of 1001 nights tales....Staff is very professional, friendly, intelligent. The chief is miracle-worker - he can cook what evere you wish - thats just amazing!!!!!! Location is good if you know Delhi a little bit, and quiet if compare with full-of-life-streets :).

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thess
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My experience at Amarya Haveli was very good and I definetely would recommend it! The stuff are very friendly and always willing to help in any way they can!

The space is so lovely and relaxing!!Even if a guest decides to stay in, it feels good staying in. Breakfast was so yummy! and the rooms just gorgeous! I stayed in two different rooms during my stay and both looked very good!

Sometimes when you book online, you worry about the quality as there has been cases that I did book a room and was really bad, but not in this case. The rooms are exactly as seen as on the website!

Hopefully next year if I visit Delhi will be staying at Amarya Haveli!

Room Tip: Definetly beautiful Bogohya and Mumbai...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Wonderful small hotel run by a couple handsome Frenchmen. We loved the welcoming family atmosphere, cozy unpretentious rooms, Indian block print bathrobes, food cooked at request by a friendly chef.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I recently stayed at the Amarya Haveli opting for a smaller cozier hotel during a recent business trip. The hotel was discovered by a friend of mine who is planning to stay there during an upcoming visit. Truthfully, ordinariliy I try to stay at hotels that are a bit less expensive when I am in Delhi. As there is a wide variety of options within every price range. But I have to say, I am already looking forward to making a return visit. The atmosphere was very pleasant and they made what can ordinarily be a challenging visit, quite easy. Because I have been to India many times before, I was okay with the fact that it felt less like India than other places I've stayed. And because I was there on business, I was okay with them undertaking daily activities like buying a local SIM, locating local transportation, and doing laundry, that I ordinarily undertake on my own.

I don't want to take away from the experience there at all, becuase it was phenomenal. The food was fantastic, they were VERY helpful, and always made me feel at home. However, the hotel is located in South Delhi and it makes walking to central locations challenging, which is something I prefer to do when traveling for pleasure. In some ways, I didn't feel like I was staying in Delhi at all. But they are walking distance to the metro, so you can make your own way around. And if you prefer some hand holding, they are great at arranging transportation and making suggestions of places to visit and things to do.

Undoubtedly, I will return to the Amarya Haveli during my next business trip, as long as they have accomodations available.

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique. If time, it would be fun to try them all!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
AmaryaVillaA2, Manager at Amarya Haveli, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you very much for your great compliments!

Indeed, we dedicate ourselves to serving our guests according to their needs.
We offer laundry service, transportation with highly trusted taxi companies, complimentary wi-fi internet, currency exchange, massage and home-spa services... Whatever your request is, just ask us and we will make your desires come true!

Moreover, starting this week, two more services are now offered in Amarya Haveli :
- A safety box is included in each bedroom to make sure you keep your personal belongings safe when you are away.
- For each bedroom, a mobile phone with an Indian SIM card is available for free so that you can be reachable during your stay in Delhi!

We hope to welcome you again in the near future to make sure you have yet another wonderful experience with us!

The Amarya Haveli Team

Been to Amarya Haveli? Share your experiences!