“A Touch of Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of New Delhi Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
New Delhi Bed & Breakfast
You added New Delhi Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
151-A, Pratap Nagar | Jail Road, New Delhi 110064, India   |
Ranked #229 of 921 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Jaipur
“A Touch of Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I booked my room well in advance. And I confirmed my arrival again two nights ahead. I arrived with a train from Haridwar, so the hostess was not able to arrange a pick-up. An auto-rickshaw using a meter will cost around 250 INR depending on traffic.

My room was quite spacious and the bathroom was really clean. I was very happy with the level of cleanliness. The hostess is very nice. Since I traveled Delhi mostly by metro, I was able to ask her what are normal prices for an auto-rickshaw from her house to the station, for example.

It should be noted that this B&B is not close to city center. Taking an auto-rickshaw then metro to, for example, New Delhi train station will take up to an hour. If you take a taxi --- that uses a meter! --- to Old Delhi around Delite Cinema, for example, that will cost at least 300 INR. That was how much it cost at early morning. If traffic is bad, it will be more.

I found the hostess very nice; she helped me with every question or concern that I had. Wifi works without a problem. My room never got hot; I didn't need to use the AC. And the water was already heated after 10 - 15 minutes.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Berlin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

We had reserved a double room for one night a few weeks in advance. The day before we arrived we sent an email to the owner telling her that one of us (due to a flight change) might arrive 3-4 hours earlier than planned. When my wife got there at 9 am in the morning (instead of at noon), we were charged a second night for this "early check-in." And please do not think that she would have at least got a breakfast for that. Or that it would have been a price for a single room. (Or only a 50% extra charge.) No, we had to pay as if we had booked a double room for two nights.

In addition, when she calls the taxi to the airport, it costs at least 2-3 times as much as usually the case. I guess she keeps the rest as commission. Never ever again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Pavj, Owner at New Delhi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, December 3, 2011
I wish to state that we take utmost care to see that our guests are happy and well looked after. We have been putting our 100% since we started over a decade ago. I am delighted to have the opportunity explain to our honoured guests the following.
Taking a pre-paid taxi from the airport is the norm. Requesting a pick-up is optional. The car sent for the pick-up is an air-conditioned luxury sedan. The driver has to make a two way trip, leaving well before arrival time. Car Parking Charges at Terminal-3 begin at Rs.70/- and go up every ½ hour or part thereof. Entering the Terminal building costs an additional Rs.80/- . This all adds up to a tidy sum. For an airport drop-off we arrange for a regular Yellow/Black taxi. The guests pay the taxi driver directly. The taxi charges are between Rs.200 to Rs.300 depending on Terminal of drop-off, the time of day (night-charge) and pieces of luggage. Absolutely no question of commission what-so-ever!!
Please note that my philosophy is that the guest is always right, I welcome their business and realize that they have choices to take their business elsewhere. Room reservation was for Single Occupancy for one night only for one Mister(!). A lady arrived early morning unannounced and without any previous intimation. On arrival she informed that she was the wife of the guest who made a reservation. Check-in/check-out timing is 12 noon. She herself wanted immediate check-in. As a diplomat herself (also a diplomat’s wife) she claimed she was tired and needed to sleep. She was offered breakfast but she declined. In all fairness, they were charged as per actual – one night Single Occupancy and second night Double Occupancy.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

it was nice.we njyd a lot.it was good travelling with trip advisor,we had fun thanks to trip advisor.i statyd at new delhi bN B for one night..........................and it was awesomeit was the first time i went............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Room Tip: rooms on south side are quieter
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Review is not/not of my property.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I stated at New Delhi B&B for one night in May, and returned just before I left for the UK. It was my first visit to India and I was so glad to have a host who was helpful and informed so that I didn't feel intimidated. I would recommend this B&B to anybody travelling alone, especially if it is your first time in India and you're not sure what to expect. Renu also looked after my luggage for me when I went travelling round India and also on my final day in India - even though I had officially checked out. Renu was a fantastic host and I thoroughly recommend this B&B

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
PARIS
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

We thought in the beginning, that this B&B could be a cosy and user-friendly place with family atmosphere which we had to choose in March 2011 to stay in for one night in transit of Delhi Airport. We finally realized that it's a top choice if you ,like us, are willing to wait for the taxi driver B&B for more than 40 minutes while on the phone the keeper tells you the driver is at the airport and it's your fault not seeing him , and proudly by adding that it doesn't matter if you go somewhere else, which is pratical for you ,after a long flight and it's 7h30 pm. You'll have to almost insist to get sheltered even though the reservation is booked several weeks in advance.
We recommend this B&B if you like surprises such as: the taxi driver B&B awaits you at the wrong meeting point , the fact that he's simply a radio-called driver and the keeper charges you 4 times the average price just because she calls the taxi service for you and keeps the difference as her commission.
You will notice that this place is geographically near the airport, but with such a traffic jam that it takes almost an hour to get there which reminds you that by metro you'll have already arrived in downtown Delhi.
On your arrival, you'll find this B&B actually located at the end of a dark alley without issue, plenty of mosquitoes in the air waiting for their feast and you'll be their feast.
The keeper will wait for you at the entrance of her personal apartment, the B&B, on the ground floor in a damaged concrete building with certainly a small beautiful garden to which your room doesn't have a view. Despite of your efforts to be pleasant and attempt to start a conversation with her, you'll fail and get nothing in return, not even a smile or a welcome word. Quickly you'll feel uncomfortable and have the impression of disturbing her .
The room is clean as the rest of the appatment but the old air conditioner in it doesn't work at all. The fan functions by the way. The individual water heater is not plugged, as a result, don't forget to turn it on at least an hour before the shower. You'll finally sleep on a thin mattress placed on a wooden board with a wardrobe beside whose bottom is covered with old newspapers.
The next morning at breakfast, the apartment owner will kindly prepare you a plain omelet, two toastbreads, orange juice and a pot of tea which evidently is for two ,but you'll have to share with the other two travellers staying in the second room.(This B&B has two rooms).
Finally,it's possible, after reading your negative comments, that the B&B owner will undoubtedly criticize you as a person to justify that you're a bad customer, even your numerous other contributions on Trip Advisor proves the opposite.
There will surely be better opinions but probably sometimes, the owner is not in the right mood depending of the customers faces.
To sum up, we advise this B&B if you like to sleep badly, have the impression to be troublesome, and pay an exorbitant price compared with the services offered. Even just for one night in transit, you'll find easily a better and cheaper place by taking the metro directly from the airport in 20 minutes and without traffic jam, to sleep in downtown Delhi, for example at Goldwin Deluxe hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Pavj, Owner at New Delhi Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, May 13, 2011
Indira Gandhi International Airport’s Terminal 3 takes in all International Flights and Domestic flights of select carriers. Theirs (the reviewers) was only a two hour domestic flight from Udaipur in Rajasthan. The flight’s Estimated Time of Arrival was 19:00 hours. Flight was late. It came in over an hour behind schedule. Guest waited at the international end of the terminal as opposed to the domestic end. The driver was awaiting for them for over an hour.
Taking a pre-paid taxi from the airport is the norm. Requesting a pick-up is optional. The car sent for the pick-up is an air-conditioned luxury sedan. The driver has to make a two way trip, leaving well before arrival time. Car Parking Charges at T-3 begin at Rs.70/- and go up every ½ hour or part thereof. Entering the Terminal building costs an additional Rs.80/- . This all adds up to a tidy sum. Making an allegation of radio-called driver is wrong and factually incorrect. Getting aggressive with the Innkeeper is totally uncalled for and unacceptable. We are here to assist you. We wish that things go smoothly. Both for you and ourselves. Making it unpleasant doesn’t help anybody to say the least.
The guest seems not to appreciate the Three R’s of “Reduce, Recycle, Re-use”. If we use newspapers to line cupboard shelves (to protect them from damage of dirty shoes or leaking bottle) is because we are sensitive to the environment. No expense has been spared on the quality of the beds or mattresses. The month of March was still cold. Guests were using our “rajasthani razai” (quilts). Who would want to turn on the air-conditioner in the cold? In fact it damages the machine as it yet to be serviced for a season that is yet to begin. A cheese omelet being called “plain”? At the breakfast table our tea-pot is replenished several times over. The "exorbitant "price the reviewer mentions is inclusive of full cooked breakfast and tax. It is excellent value.
It would have been better if the reviewer had spoken up at the time. We always try see that are guests are comfortable. If anything needed attention we could have dealt with it straightaway.
I wish, here, to put down our profile as given in the Lonely Planet Guide Book which is know to be unbiased. QUOTE Renu Dayal’s welcoming homestay has two cosy double rooms (one ensuite) in her elegant house in a leafy enclave, only 10 minutes drive from the airport. Beds are comfy, and there’s a welcoming homey atmosphere plus Dougie the dog. UNQUOTE.
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2011

I stayed at New Delhi Bed and Breakfast for a few days and very much enjoyed being there. Renu, the owner is very helpful in organising transport, suggesting the best places to shop and any other local information required, including local wildlife. I very much enjoyed her company. The room I had was clean, comfortable and warm as was the rest of the house. The area in which the bed and breakfast is situated is safe and quiet, just what I wanted. I would definitely recommend her place to friends and would return there in a flash.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

Place was very nice and calm. Food was amazing and great. Rooms were cleaned and hotel staff was very helpful and was well-manerred. All facilities like A.C., T.V., cable were there. It was really pleasant staying there. However, my stay was quite small, just for 2 days but i liked staying there. Will definitely like to visit again.

Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to New Delhi Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!