“Just a really great placw to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Singh Sons

Save Saved
You added Hotel Singh Sons to your Saves list
Hotel Singh Sons
7A/10, W.E.A., Channa Market,Near Mtnl Telephone Exchange, Karol Bagh | Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India (Minto Road)   |
Ranked #365 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Just a really great placw to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

This is a relly great place to stay, especially if you don;t know Delhi very well. the place is beautifully clean, good rooms and the staff couldn't be more helpful. Karol Bagh is a nice, safe interesting area and the hotel is only a short walk from the market and the Metro station. It's a brilliant place for Brits, especially if you are a bit unsure of what you are doing, they are so kind and helpful

Room Tip: There is a great family room which is good value if there are a few of you. I've taken students...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Noida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We stayed in a two bed apartment for 4 nights. It was amazing!! Modern , spacious , clean & very comfortable. The location is within walking distance of the city & a cab away from the airport. We enjoyed it so much that we didnt want to leave the apartment :). It comes highly recommended!!

Room Tip: rooms on the south side twin room
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
milano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We visited this hotel during our last trip cuz the travel agency had to find a substitute for our booking 3 days before our arrival...
It wasnt a terrible experience... the room was little but clean.. during the night it was very noisy inside the hotel but nothing untolerable and in the mornin we had a poor breakfast but not terrible
The main thing was the really bad assistance form the front desk: they promised a taxi bookin for airport for 800 rupees in the evening... and after 4 hours they denied this agreement stating that they had just a private cab for 1200 rupees and no taxi booking was possible.... I know this kind game and i can but accept but i dont like it: tranparence isnt their strenght...
The position is good (Karol bagh is a good zone) but you can find somethin better

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Krakow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

In terms of location, it seems terrible but it is safe around.

With regards to the room in which we have stayed, it was absolutely the most dirty room we have ever stayed in. It looked like nobody cleaned that before we came and there were hundreds of hair on the floor.

Wifi internet IS NOT for free and I found the speed to be so poor that although I paid for 2 hrs, I couldn't really use that.

Terrible breakfast.

I can't really say anything good about that place, but I believe it wasn't the worst one given Indian conditions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Unfriendly reception staff, poor house keeping, cold room, filthy bathroom, staff make noise at odd parts of the nights, terrible breakfast, I had to ask my agent to find me another hotel

• Stayed February 2012
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

An average hotel with very basic facilities. Very cold in the room. Things not provided: no iron even if you request from housekeeping, no hot water jug in the room, no tea bag/instant coffee powder.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

The hotels in Delhi are expensive so it is hard to find a good clean hotel for a modest budget. I had arranged a taxi to pick me up at the airport for my 2:30 am arrival and they were there waiting on me with no issues. Always a plus on international flights.

An Indian tour operator I had used before made the arrangements for me so his standards are not the same as my western expectations. He assured me it would be fine that he had taken several groups there and they loved the property.

I had one the larger corner rooms (a mini suite, I believe) it was very comfortable. The a/c worked well and the king sized bed and comforter were very clean and nice. I was charged in the $60 USD range. I'm sure a higher rate because of the commission structure for the tour operator. The bathroom smelled of urine the first night until they cleaned it again the next morning.

The included breakfast was average at best and limited. I saw several cock roaches running around on the buffet table so it was a big turn-off.

The hotel staff was accomodating to my needs. But one of the tuk tuk drivers the door man recommended kept taking me to tourist shops so he would get a commission on what I purchased. This irritated me but I understand it is common practice! Be aware.

I'm not sure about the safety in the area, but I didn't feel comfortable walking the streets. Probably because it was mid August and the temperature was scorching and when rain fell it quickly flooded the streets.

Be careful ordering a salty lime soda. They use an Indian salt that smells like rotten eggs. I sent it back not knowing! I ordered room service a couple of times during my 5-nights here and it was edible but nothing more.

Wifi was good and fast.

I would probably stay here again if I could not find anything else available in my price range, mainly because of the nice room I had and the kindness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a mini suite corner room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Singh Sons? Share your experiences!