“Poor hotel but is acceptable for 1 night” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Singh Sons

You added Hotel Singh Sons to your Saves list
Hotel Singh Sons
7A/10, W.E.A., Channa Market,Near Mtnl Telephone Exchange, Karol Bagh | Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #360 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
milano
“Poor hotel but is acceptable for 1 night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We visited this hotel during our last trip cuz the travel agency had to find a substitute for our booking 3 days before our arrival...
It wasnt a terrible experience... the room was little but clean.. during the night it was very noisy inside the hotel but nothing untolerable and in the mornin we had a poor breakfast but not terrible
The main thing was the really bad assistance form the front desk: they promised a taxi bookin for airport for 800 rupees in the evening... and after 4 hours they denied this agreement stating that they had just a private cab for 1200 rupees and no taxi booking was possible.... I know this kind game and i can but accept but i dont like it: tranparence isnt their strenght...
The position is good (Karol bagh is a good zone) but you can find somethin better

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Krakow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

In terms of location, it seems terrible but it is safe around.

With regards to the room in which we have stayed, it was absolutely the most dirty room we have ever stayed in. It looked like nobody cleaned that before we came and there were hundreds of hair on the floor.

Wifi internet IS NOT for free and I found the speed to be so poor that although I paid for 2 hrs, I couldn't really use that.

Terrible breakfast.

I can't really say anything good about that place, but I believe it wasn't the worst one given Indian conditions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012 via mobile

Unfriendly reception staff, poor house keeping, cold room, filthy bathroom, staff make noise at odd parts of the nights, terrible breakfast, I had to ask my agent to find me another hotel

• Stayed February 2012
Kuala Lumpur
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012

An average hotel with very basic facilities. Very cold in the room. Things not provided: no iron even if you request from housekeeping, no hot water jug in the room, no tea bag/instant coffee powder.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

The hotels in Delhi are expensive so it is hard to find a good clean hotel for a modest budget. I had arranged a taxi to pick me up at the airport for my 2:30 am arrival and they were there waiting on me with no issues. Always a plus on international flights.

An Indian tour operator I had used before made the arrangements for me so his standards are not the same as my western expectations. He assured me it would be fine that he had taken several groups there and they loved the property.

I had one the larger corner rooms (a mini suite, I believe) it was very comfortable. The a/c worked well and the king sized bed and comforter were very clean and nice. I was charged in the $60 USD range. I'm sure a higher rate because of the commission structure for the tour operator. The bathroom smelled of urine the first night until they cleaned it again the next morning.

The included breakfast was average at best and limited. I saw several cock roaches running around on the buffet table so it was a big turn-off.

The hotel staff was accomodating to my needs. But one of the tuk tuk drivers the door man recommended kept taking me to tourist shops so he would get a commission on what I purchased. This irritated me but I understand it is common practice! Be aware.

I'm not sure about the safety in the area, but I didn't feel comfortable walking the streets. Probably because it was mid August and the temperature was scorching and when rain fell it quickly flooded the streets.

Be careful ordering a salty lime soda. They use an Indian salt that smells like rotten eggs. I sent it back not knowing! I ordered room service a couple of times during my 5-nights here and it was edible but nothing more.

Wifi was good and fast.

I would probably stay here again if I could not find anything else available in my price range, mainly because of the nice room I had and the kindness of the staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a mini suite corner room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We were starting our Kumuka, Highlights of India tour at this hotel and was a bit scared as to what we may experience by the past reviews. The staff were very helpful and we were greeted with a smile every time we came into the lobby. India is a different type of place and you certainly don't expect gushyness from the staff.....it's not in their culture, but they were certainly very helpful upon request.
The rooms are of generous size compared with some motel/ hotel rooms I've stayed in Australia and were clean. Yes there is scope for some renovations but this is not a 5 star hotel and everything was in working order in the two rooms we occupied at the start and end of our trip.

The bed linen and towels were clean, actually the bed was one of the most comfortable beds we slept in on the whole trip. The towels are hard but this is India and even when we stayed in the Hilton in Delhi, they were the same....its just the water they wash them in I think.
We did have to phone to turn the hot water on for the first time we used the shower but this only took about 3 minutes to heat and then it was kept on for the rest of our occupancy of the room. In actual fact there were a number of other hotels in India where we had to do this too, so it is not unusual.
The whole room has marbel tiles throughout as does most hotels in India, making it have a clean fresh feel. There was 2 full rolls of toilet paper and a hairdryer and soaps, so the vanity was well equiped.
We ordered room service for dinner as the restaurant/ breakfast room is not very nice.....feels like a dungeon. The room service food was great and very inexpensive in Australian standards.
On our return stay after the tour, we chose not to eat the breakfast in the breakfast room as it was not very nice at all and the food was awful, however order room service of an omlette, toast and tea....this was lovely. It would be suggested not to go out after dark as this is not a safe neighbourhood.
Whilst the Singh Sons wouldnt be my first choice for my next visit to Delhi, it was comfortable enough for one night and whilst we were prepared for the worst, it turned out ok...

Room Tip: If you don't mind not having a window in your room, there are rooms in the centre of the hotel w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The only reason to stay here would be if you really have no money to go anywhere else. The rooms are just terrible! It reminded me of the days I went backpacking in nasty hostels....
Don't even bother with the breakfast.
However, the reception were friendly and helpful in giving restaurant recommendations, the security at the door were also helpful (basically making sure we don't wonder out in the dark as its apparently not a safe area.....) and the room delivery food middle of the night awesome. Still, I would just spend the money to have decent place next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Singh Sons? Share your experiences!