“Bill Palace Reivew” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #166 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Bill Palace Reivew”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The hotel is good budget hotel situated in Karol Bagh - within rikshaw distance is sprawling Ajmal Khan road market and metro. The hotel room itself is clean and nicely maintained. The staff are friendly though the lower echelons always look for tips. Even when I ordered a bottle of water - he stood staring at me in the room waiting for tip - Water bottle hotel charge 20 ruppes and outside its 15 rupees. They will arrange for taxi pickup and charge twice the going rate - 1000 ruppes from Airport. I wanted to travel to Amritsar - reception only got me single ticket and said I could get single back from Amritsar - the late ticket are called Tatkal - Hotel charged me staggering 1400 ruppes - On return I found that Amritsar to Delhi was only 757 ruppes - they charge me 400 ruppes for taxi to railway station. On return I took auto-rikshaw for 80 ruppes. So I was not impressed that the hotel rip off guests.
Initially I was charged 300 ruppees for Wi-fi - when I complained that other hotels provide free Wi-fi - The owner gave me free wi-fi. Good strong signal.
In the past the breakfast used to be buffet style - now due to less bookings one has to order from menu. In December - Delhi cold there is no heating in the hotel rooms. I was cold and had to ask for extra blankets.
Papers are available daily which are free.
Shampoo dispenser were not working - my shower was not working - So the room was changed for me. Owner is very pleasant Sikh - his staff at reception are friendly.
I would have rated this hotel higher had it not been for rip off charges for trains and taxi. Its a good budget hotel make your own arrangement for taxi at Delhi airport prepaid taxi stand.

Room Tip: When booking in check the room first and make sure the shower is working. Carry plenty of photocopie...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I must say that this hotel is a very comfortable and convenient place to stay in. The staff are super friendly, always ready to make our stay even more worthwhile. The rooms and bathrooms are clean as well making one feel comfortable. The loaction of this hotel is also commendable with it being really close by to karol bagh and the metro station. i highly reccomend this hotel for its great value for money. Keep it up!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

nice hotel great value for money, i am staying at this hotel from the last five years and satisfied with the service. hotel staff is really kind and helpful. easy access to metro station.Very near to Karol Bagh shopping.

Room Tip: take the executive room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have used this hotel over the past ten years and have no complaints with all of the services on offer. Management are very accommodating and always willing to help. We were on holiday the year the Icelandic volcano prevented us to return back to England, When are flight was cancelled I was standing in the airport with three of my grandchildren wondering what now. I phoned the hotel and explained what had happened, the owners of the hotel advised my to return to the hotel and provided me with accommodation. We will definitely be using the hotel again. Could not select year of travel.

Room Tip: No swimming pool could not deselcet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Petaluma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past 5 years and have always been extremely satisfied. It is safe, convenient and all of the staff are extremely helpful. I am traveling to India every year as a single, western woman & I am very careful about where I stay bc I am alone & this is one of the best places in Delhi for that feeling of security & nice, clean rooms & nice atmosphere. Also, in terms of the rooms and the cleanliness -- it is one of the best in Delhi for the price -- you really cannot beat it. Most hotels either charge US prices if you want something decent or they are a complete disaster but not Hotel Bill Palace & that's why I appreciate them so much! It is also conveniently located in Channa Market which is near the ND Train Station, all my favorite shopping centers and not too far from the airport. The hotel offers great services too: room service, laundry, dry clean, internet, cell phone service, taxi service & all are fantastic! Feels like going home every time I stay there & see all the sweet staff!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Chengannur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

It was a beautifull experience staying at your hotel with the best room service I have seen till now and looking forward to stay again in your hotel.The rooms are worth to stay with the said rate.
The Hotel is situated near all places in a walkable distance.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2'nd floor are excellent
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I have stayed at Bill Palace each year since it opened and I'm constantly delighted by the lovely staff, great service and standard of the rooms. It is a safe, clean and friendly place to stay and great value for money. Banging doors can be a little troublesome at times but nothing to complain about. The food is also great value and good. This place is great for tourists and they are so very helpful when I take students there.

Room Tip: If you want to save money, see if the big family room is available. Also, they are always happy to...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Bill Palace? Share your experiences!