“best hotel in delhi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chanchal Deluxe

You added Hotel Chanchal Deluxe to your Saves list
Hotel Chanchal Deluxe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8575, Arakashan Road, | Pahar Ganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #312 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
London, United Kingdom
“best hotel in delhi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

We were pleasently surprised when hotel taxi picked us from the airport and took us to our destination.The entrance was bright and welcoming,and we were greeted with glass of cold fruit juice.We were given a room above the reception area on 1st floor.We were soon moved to top floor above the reception area on request due to a better view of the city.We found management very obliging and helpful.Nothing was too much trouble for them.Mr.Rama[manager] showed us several rooms before we chose one.The room was clean and bright,bed was very firm and comfortable ensuring good night sleep.There was plenty of hot water for showers,and floor staff were always present to clean room on request and to provide you with toiltries.The food was excellent.There was a wide choice of menue at breakfast time which changed daily,and the dinners were just as exciting and tasty.The restaurant was very clean and we had a choice to either eat inside the restaurant or out side on a balcony.We found everyone helped us to make our stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: room on top floor above the reception area we found to be the best,as room is bright with better vie...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
BhaskarNewDelhi, Manager at Hotel Chanchal Deluxe, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing “Hotel Chanchal Deluxe ” for your recent stay in City (New Delhi). We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

Regards,
Chanchal Group of Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
adelaide
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

We got a helpful pick up from airport, secure and comfortable room and reasonable meals in restaurant. The surprise was that they would not process any credit card with a chip inserted. That could have caused big probs re timing for airport if my son hadnt had a basic card. Would rate it a basic transit hotel close to railway.

Room Tip: Asi for larger room on upper levels
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dorset
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

Honestly I could kick myself for booking the trip with the manager. After a long flight and fighting Delhi belly I just went with it. It's over priced and one of the hotels was disgusting, we left and forked out for a different hotel. The trips can be done at half the price on your own. We spent days in a car which could have been done by train. Our driver was lovely though. Complimentary guide at taj Mahal was very rude and obnoxious, didn't like women.

The hotel is noisy all day and all night inside with lifts up and down, staff shouting to each other, door banging, chairs being dragged across the floor etc. The rooms are average and ok location.

I expect the manager will write a reply which will be just words. I've read the other reviews and nothing has changed. The only good thing about this place is the hot shower.

• Stayed November 2011
Amritsar, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

AS i am regular visitor of chanchal hotel from last 2 years. After hectic working schedule in delhi when in the evening i come to the hotel i feel homely atmosphere here.& behaviour of the staff is very friendly and as usual rooms are neat, clean and comfortable . Staff service is very quick and fast. besides all..... u get charged up by listening to the lounge music and having your meals in the restaurant . By my long experience with this hotel i always suggest my friends and relatives when they come to delhi stay at this place .

USP..... Buffet at breakfast with large variety of food which no body gives at paharganj and u r very near to new delhi railway station

Room Tip: Rooms with series 101 are very good
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Bristol
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stayed here for our first night in Delhi on arrival in India - it was terrible! I was not convinced that the sheets were clean, but the main issue was the noise - everybody should expect some noise staying in Delhi coming in from the street, but the noise here was inside the hotel. The reception staff seemed happy to let people walk around slamming doors and shouting all through the night. My friend arrive a few hours before me in the middle of the night and had to pick his way through people sleeping in reception. On a positive note, the breakfast was fine. If you are a first time visitor to India, I would reccommend paying a little more (and I really do mean only a little more - on our return to Delhi we paid £45 for a triple room at a hotel just around the corner - Hotel Godwin Deluxe - which was in a different league).

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
BhaskarNewDelhi, Manager at Hotel Chanchal Deluxe, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for choosing Hotel Chanchal Dx and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as a valued guest of our hotel.

We deeply regret the unpleasant experience you had at the hotel and all the inconvenience caused to you. We will definitely take strict actions against issues that you have highlighted in your feedback in order to avoid reiteration of the same.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Hotel Chanchal Deluxe.

Best Regards,

Chanchal Group of Hotels
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I stayed just one night here, the last of a longer trip around northern India. My room (309) was quite comfortable - the first soft bed and the first double bed I'd had on the whole trip.

The hotel staff were very friendly and obliging. When I asked for a 6.15am wake-up call as I needed to head to the airport, the receptionist told me I'd miss breakfast and so offered to have some coffee and toast brought to my room with the wake-up call. I found it a little strange that the "manager" asked to speak to me, which involved going to his office next door, where it was clear he was going to pitch extras such as tours etc. But since I informed him I was headed home the next day and just wanted to go shopping in CP before then, he didn't pursue and let me go.

The main drawback of this hotel is the noise - from all directions. It's in a noisy part of town, so there is a lot of noise from the street. The A/C can more than drown that out, but it's so noisy that I couldn't possibly sleep with it on, so I didn't use it. There was also a LOT of door banging and shouting from other guests until quite late, so it was a little difficult to fall asleep.

The location is very handy, however: 2 minutes from New Delhi station; 10 from the airport metro; 5 from the local market and 10 from Connaught Place.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
overseas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Hotel Chanchal is part of a rip off with the hotel next door The Chanchal Banjal (or something like it). The "Manager" of both sits in the "Travel office" of the Banjal. They try and get you every which way. Lies come from all promises....We met several other angry travelers there who said "Get everything in writing". Our trip started with the "Airport pickup" in which the pickup person didn't have enough sense to stand inside with all the other pickup people, but rather stood outside by himself. After 30 min and 3 long distance calls, we found him. Then we had a LONG walk to the budget parking and waited for 20+ minutes (this was at 1 am). We got to the Chanchal and were dismayed at the shabby room. We found they had not put us in the Family Suite as we booked, so had to fight the manager for this. During our 3 day stay we had 12 other incidents. The Delux Manager "personally promised" us several times to follow through with something, but never bothered. Bad place. Go to the hotels on the Main Bazaar Road opposite the train station. They never changed our sheets or cleaned our room in 4 days. The restaurant service was good.

Room Tip: Get the Family Room if it's on sale.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Chanchal Deluxe? Share your experiences!