All the rave reviews made me search out this hotel. I arrived late at night and got a room with the door in the stairwell. The room looked nice enough and I just wanted to settle in, but as could be expected all the staff and other guests could be heard just outside the door.
Staff was loud and moved stuff around at about 1:00 am. I moved to another room with more street noise and found it a lot colder. (AC can only cool, not heat.) For some reason my second room was very damp and remained that way all the time.
Wifi access was very poor. Connection kept failing and was often unavailable. The restaurant is good, but very expensive. I was here alone and when I seated myself in the restaurant area I was asked to move to the bar area for my food, because the table could fit four.
Another thing is the bed sheets. For some reason there are two single bed sheets spread out on every bed instead of double bed sheets. Very odd. There are duvets available, but you are expected to unpack these and make your bed yourself. Also there are no duvet covers, so you just have to put them over on top of the sheet.
With a small investment in double bed sized sheets and covers this could have been a much better sleep. (With earplugs.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel started in 1983 with 20 rooms,it has the best location in comparison to other hotels which are in a very congested areas around.The most famous export market near by makes it an ideal place to stay for handicraft dealers from around the world.hotel is centrally located in delhi with all major tourist destinations and business centers at a radius of not more than 15-20 min,nearest metro station(tube)is at a one min walking distance.The hotel went under a major renovation for one year 2011 to 2012 and re opened on 7 th feb,a major facelift to all 20 rooms, pictures can be seen on travellers review.facilities:aircon,electronic safe,24 hrs hot shower through solar panels,refrigerator,spacious bathrooms with glass curtains,kohler bathroom fittings,spacious balconies which are usp's of our property,electronic door key card system,dedicated internet wifi routers for a perfect internet experience,a multi cuisine restaurant.the hotel is well equiped to serve business travellers and tourist as well ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Metropolis Tourist Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropolis Tourist Home Hotel New Delhi
- Metropolis Tourist Home New Delhi