“Top-notch service, good food, spotless room” 5 of 5 stars

Metropolis Tourist Home
1634-35,First Floor,Main Bazar, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #71 of 592 hotels in New Delhi
Toronto
“Top-notch service, good food, spotless room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I arrived here at 3 a.m. after a 36-hour flight from Canada. It was my first trip to India and I was nervous. The folks at the front desk helped me get set up with a cell phone, the waiter taught me some simple Hindi, and the food was wonderful. Staff were exceedingly friendly and accommodating at all turns, the owner was on-site and seemed to have everything under his thumb. As a solo female traveler, I felt very safe. Room was nicely appointed and spotless, with modern working shower with on-demand hot water, fridge and money safe. Now that I've traveled in India for two weeks I realize what a gem this place is - terrific value for the money and a great location. I will stay here again when I return to Delhi before my return home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is the third that I have stayed at in this district, I have stayed at the Hari Piorko and my room was far superior for ten percent more money. The bathroom was beautiful, the room big and it even had double glazed glass to the street. My room had its own wifi router, great Airconditioning and flat screen tv., which all contributed to a very comfortable stay. The restaurant wasn't cheap by Indian standards but my two dinners there were of the best standard, some bread didn't turn up till after my meal and a desert wasn't available that I was looking forward to but I wouldn't downgrade the hotel for that. My grief was at the end of my stay - my airport transfer was stuffed up and I had to make other plans to meet my flight. Don't use their 'in house' driver and you'll have a better experience than me.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had a fantastic stay here. Great value for money. I stayed in the mid priced room and felt like I was in a much more expensive hotel. This hotel is a great oasis from the main Bazaar and the restaurants in the hotel serves good food. The service was excellent. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Mid priced rooms are quieter
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
rome
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I had a great stay here. The people were friendly, the food good, the location convenient, the room clean and if you book tours with them the driver is calm! What more can you ask for? I loved the chaos of the Pahar Ganj area although it might not be everyone's cup of tea.

Room Tip: I stayed in x2 different rooms of varying price and the only difference was the balcony in the more...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I can not understand why this hotel does not get more credit! It was by far the best hotel we stayed at while travelling in India for 1 month (we actually stayed here three times). The staff provided good service and were very helpfull and kind. The rooms were perfectly clean and everything was as it should be. The food in the restaurant was delicious and even though it was a bit pricey it was worth every penny. This is a highly recommendable hotel and we will surely come back if ever visiting New Delhi again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

The Sharma family started this place 100 years ago and they take pride in their work to make their hotel a classic Pahar Ganj establishment for Indians and foreign travelers both. As a group leader bringing many college students to India I count on the " metro police" to be the first place to land on each trip to India. All taxis and rickshaws know the place so you can not get lost from it. Two chefs prepare hygienic continental and Indian dishes -- delicious, safe and clean. The service is of the highest standard with nicely dressed , very warm and friendly servers, proficient in multiple languages , who even place a cloth napkin on your lap! The new , very clean and spacious rooms have all needed and desired amenities including hot showers, super nice mattresses, balconies, fridge, tv, TP, and even a mini pull-out laundry line to dry your towel. The location so near to the New Delhi railway station is ideal. Whether you have been to India 12 times like me or are a first -time visitor , the Metropolis Tourist Home is a very good choice!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
pushpesh s, Owner at Metropolis Tourist Home, responded to this review, July 22, 2012
Dear mr colorador
we are very pleased by your review and thank you for your feedback.we assure you of our best services in every visit and we will continue to work diligently to provide our guests with the utmost comfort.

thanking you
best regards
pushpesh sharma
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

They have recently had a new make over and so the pictures on here aren't true to the hotel. It was very reasonably priced for a modern well furnished room with helpful staff. Twice as expensive as heritage in hotel down the road and 100 times better!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Metropolis Tourist Home? Share your experiences!