“A wonderful place to stay in Delhi” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Madonna
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   53/7, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi 110060, India   |
Ranked #276 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Kabul, Afghanistan
“A wonderful place to stay in Delhi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2007

One year ago I was taled about the hotel, last year I came to Delhi and stayed in this hotle. The hotel hostility was really wonderful and I decided to come back with my wife. So this time I came with my wife and Mr. Pitoo arrange a womderful trip to Jaipur and Agra and really my wife and I enjoyed our stay. The hotle is locted colesed to the market place and suitable to go for site seeing. The evey important thing about this hotle is that it's very clean and the staff are so kind to the guests.
Thank you so much for evey thing, India will be our second home after Ethiopia.

• Liked — The room is wide and clean
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2007

Delhi is a pretty hard place to get accomodations under $100 that are reasonable. Considering this, Hotel Madonna is not so bad, at $81 including taxes and breakfast. They were honest with us, and the manager (Naresh) was very good at making reasonably-priced car and travel arrangements for us. The area is also nice, as there aren't many tourists around to attract touts & beggars, and there are plenty of ATMs and shops (bottled water, cell phone SIM cards, etc...). They picked us up from the airport as arranged, even though our flight was delayed by 6 hours and arrived at 4 AM.

The downsides? Not the cleanest hotel we ever stayed in. Street noise can be very loud (Indian street noise is a whole different level than the west...). We had to call reception every day for towels and more toilet paper. Restaurant is best avoided.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2007

Everything started out OK - phoned the hotel ahead of time, got a rate in USD ($92) and arranged a hotel pick-up, which was there when I arrived. The people were nice enough, but I got the sense that they would try to deceive me. Sure enough, at check-out time, they attempted to overcharge me. Once I pointed out the mistake, they quickly rectified it.

The breakfast is included, but nothing special. The dining room is subterranean and smelly. The room was clean, but very basic, and my bathroom had a direct opening to the outside and during the night when I got up to use the bathroom, there was a *bird* inside my bathroom - nearly scared the life out of me!

There is a dearth of good midrange hotel rooms in Delhi. Try the India Habitat Centre if you can find someone with a membership.

This hotel is not up to western standards, and should be avoided if at all possible.

• Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

Having read a number of reviews of Delhi hotels all had some negative aspect, be it dated rooms, moody staff, poor location or poor value. The tripadvisor reviews for this hotel seemed okay so we booked this for 4 nights via internet.
Other than being an autorickshaw ride away from the centre (3-4km) and with no real restaurant alternative in the imediate vicinity we were very pleased with the hotel, the rooms were clean and well equiped with modern matching furniture, everything worked including the tv reception which was a first for India in several weeks of traveling. The hotel has a small restaurant and the food is okay and reasonably priced. Also the hotel was 500R+ cheaper than poorer sounding alternatives in Connaught Place.
Overall we were happy with the hotel, the money saved more than covered the costs of autorickshaws into town. Also Karol Bagh market area, wih indian and western restaurants, is only 10 minutes walk, as is the metro station that provides a pleasant alternative to bargaining fares with rickshaw drivers and gives direct access to Red Fort, New Delhi Station and Connaught Place.

england
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2007

The hotel was good but the restaurant was of poor standard every time you entered it smelt really bad; hygine was not of top of the list. However tour organiser was good and we enjoyed the tour. our room was clean but basic. If you do visit delhi be aware of profit making scandles your guide and taxi driver are usually in to make some money.
We came across this when our guide would not let us go where we wanted to go and kept taking us places he wanted and forcing us to buy things that we did not want buy.

Stayed February 2007
new york city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2007

Service was excellent and the owner, Naresh, was very helpful. Very good in this rare mid-range category in Delhi. The location is by Karol Bagh station, which is convenient to get to various places (Old Delhi, Connaught Pl., etc.). Room was very clean, but if you can you should try and get a room in the back as there is noise on the rooms facing the street (also I was on the first floor).

Stayed February 2007
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2007

There is a lack of mid-range hotels in India, there seems to be only $20-$25 hotels and $200-$250 hotels. The Madonna is a fair attempt at a mid range option. Pleasant enough rooms, free (but slooow) Internet, complementary breakfast and the possibility of walking to a metro station are all positives. The hotel is under the same ownership as one 100m away which has a Sheraton type name (but is not part of the Intl group). The staff were friendly and helpful when I was unable to print out my Expedia voucher as I had made an error entering my email address. You get the same rather hard bed that I found elsewhere around Delhi. I was there in a cold spell in early January and the room was cold, the lack of a heater, the draught from the windows and intermittent hot water in the shower meant something of a cold welcome. However heat rather than cold would be the issue for most of the year.

• Liked — Willing staff, Internet
  • Disliked — cold in January
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel Madonna? Share your experiences!