i have stayed here in December 2011 for 3 nights.
1) i was given room 213 - In this room bathrooms are unbelievably pathetic (see the pictures), even bathrooms of a public toilet would be far better. Then there was not electricity in the bathroom and the water was not draining out.
After repeated complaints and many strides down to the reception (no lift). (oh forgot... if you call the reception they put you on hold indefinitely) i was given another room.
2) Now in room 315 - This was not worth of what i paid for but everything was working, and i was a bit relived. But when i came back to the room in the night, i saw a bag of mine was bitten by rats and the snacks were lying on the bed. It was horrifying. we were too scared to stay there.
I WENT TO THE RECEPTION AND ASKED FOR AN EXPLANATION, ALL I GOT WAS... "THIS HAPPENS IN YOUR HOMES TOO"
They do not even regret such happenings.
I stayed here so that i can get some south Indian food, but i can rather stay without eating for 3 days than stay here.
the positive reviews for this hotel here are very surprising to me.
- Also Known As:
- Hotels Southern
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Southern is a "Friendly Hotel" located strategically in the heart of India's capital and in close proximity to Connaught Place. We are committed to providing personalized, professional guest service and "genuine hospitality". Our mission is to create loyal, satisfied customers who will return to our hotel repeatedly because of the quality and value offered. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HostelBookers, Agoda, Priceline, MakeMyTrip, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Southern reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.