“Passable Pablas” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Pablas International Hotel

Pablas International Hotel
You added Pablas International Hotel to your Saves list
Pablas International Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 A / 22, WEA, Saraswati Marg | Karol Bagh, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #233 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Australia
“Passable Pablas”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2008

This place was ok - the rooms were big but not necessarily clean - nicer than a hostel though. The staff were mostly helpful but quite rude if you weren't to take them up on their 'city taxi tour offers'. The buffet breakfast was ok but sometimes cold and not necessarily value for money. I was moved to a different room each night of my stay - so perhaps best just for one night stopovers!

• Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Munich
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2008

We had made a reservation trough an internet booking agency (hotel.de) guaranteed by credit card.

All rooms were occupied at check-in time. The obvious reason was
that all individual reservations were cancelled to accomodate a
group of 20 people that arrived shortly later.

Stayed February 2008
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2008

I returned from New Delhi, India on December 19, 2007 and I just wanted to give my overview of my 10 day stay in Hotel Pablas International. On the positive side, the staff there were very accomodating and friendly. The hotel itself had the basic amenities that you would expect in the US. There was Internet access, cable stations and shopping geared towards tourists. However, I thought that I would describe some of the differences that made our stay less than favorable.

For one thing, we had to request new linen and that our room be cleaned. None of the staff really explained to us how room service worked. And after 3 days the room was in desperate need of attention. Another issue was the roach infestation on my first night at the hotel. When I couldn't tell whether or not we were in the roachs' room or he was in ours, I assassinated the creature and contacted the front desk. Soon thereafter, a staff person came to the room and simply threw the remains in the trash, nodded to me and left. I was too exhausted to debate the issue. Then, a couple of days later I saw another insect. And, I guess that other guests complained to the point that the hotel management decided to spray all of the rooms with a pesticide. This would have normally been good news except that none of the guests were warned about the indoor crop dusting and we nearly suffocated.

Another thing to be cautious of is to know how much US money you are actually tipping taxi drivers or hotel staff. Unsavy foreigners can be tricked and duped if you don't negotiate carefully. Another good rule of thumb is not to give the women and children that surround the hotel any money or food unless you are prepared to be swarmed. You will quickly learn how to say nay nay. I was also unprepared for the surcharge for using the Internet. The last inconveince was to not know how long it would take to get hot water. This was my second trip to India, therefore, I was prepared to wait for hot water. But, we had so many problems with our hot water that we had to use the shower in another room.

Last but not least, this hotel listed that it had a doctor on staff but after I woke up one morning with a golfball sized bump on my calf, I asked someone at the front desk about a doctor, I was told to try going to a drugstore and to get an ointment.

Overall, this hotel was not that bad but there are some issues that can be understood and some that definitely need addressing. If someone asked me if I would recommend it, my answer would be not really.

Stayed December 2007
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

At the beginning of a GAP Tour of Northern India, we stayed at Hotel Pablas International in Karol Bagh in New Delhi.

The hotel's rooms are sparse and ours had no window. However, the room and bathroom were clean.

The room was better than we expected and had a colour television with satellite and an air conditioner and fan.

The fourth floor had a very good restaurant with very reasonably priced dishes, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. Each day's charge includes breakfast.

Located in one of the busiest markets in New Delhi, you can find anything you want by wandering around. But, the area is not the safest, so watch out for pick pockets.

Overall, the hotel was reasonable.

• Liked — clean and inexpensive
  • Disliked — bad area, very basic accomodation
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reading
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2007

Luckily we only stayed for 1 night at this hotel. We paid £19 for the room but it was not worth the money. I lifted my pillow when getting into bed and discovered a cockroach underneath it! I then saw another scurrying across the floor! We moved rooms to one with only twin beds. There was no outside window which made the room very dark in the morning. There was only one dirty towel for me and my boyfriend to use. The bed linen had stains on it and holes in it and the shower could only be described as a dribble. There are lots of other hotels in the Karol Bagh area so look around, don't stay at the Pablas International!

• Liked — Good location
  • Disliked — cockroaches
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bangalore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2006

I had a very bad experience at Pablas International Hotel, Karol Baugh, Delhi. I was travelling to Delhi from Bangalore. And I booked this hotel from [-].in site by the credit card.
I was charged $6/- for booking.

1) First of all, the booking had advertised that the hotel provides free pickup from the airport. The advertised pickup from airport is not there. After calling the hotel a number of times, they told me that I should take a prepaid taxi from the airport and they will refund me the prepaid taxi fare. I really dont know why the [-] in gives false information.

2) When I landed at the hotel (and remember the rates at the hotel are close to Rs. 2000/- (around $40/- per night), II was taken to another hotel as this hotel seems to have been booked. I dont understand how the [-] and the hotel confirmed booking for me at the hotel, if there was no room. Some excuse was given that one client at the hotel who was supposed to leave fell sick.

3) Finally the worst thing. They won't give you a proper receipt for the money paid. All they did was give a handwritten signature receipt. This is probably a con -- they are trying to save taxes

4) At night 10 pm, one guy comes to ask for money for room stay. I refused to give him the money in the absence of receipt. Next day his boss comes to me and says that I abused the guy the earlier night. Further, the boss abuses me left, right and center.

Further, the guy lectures me on how he has experience in worldwide hotel business. I travel widely and visit US every year, and there is no where in the world, they dont give receipts. He started saying that the "money due' printout that I got via the web reservation
itself is the receipt blah blah blah. The next day morning itself I changed my hotel.

I dont know why these people are still in business when they treat customers this way.

I suggest everyone avoid this hotel at all costs.

regards,
Dr. Samir Kelekar
Bangalore
India.
samir_kelekar@yahoo.com
91-98450-44403

• Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
victoria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2006

After booking on Expedia then seeing the other review, I wasn't looking forward to staying at this hotel. However, there was certainly nothing wrong with the room we got or the service we received.
The deluxe room was just that....large, good bed, clean, working air con, satellite tv and running h&c water.
There were no cockroaches or bedbugs to be seen and the room was gleaming. They stored my bag (at no charge) while I toured India for a couple of weeks and arranged a taxi to the airport after I asked them to. There was no pressure to buy anything through them and the taxi came at the time I had asked for.
It's not the Ritz, but it was a perfectly adequate hotel for the money. It's a 5 minute walk through busy Karol Bagh to the metro station and there are a million autorickshaws available to transport you to the sites.
I'd stay here again without complaint.

Stayed October 2006

Been to Pablas International Hotel? Share your experiences!