“Better than expected” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lal's Haveli

You added Hotel Lal's Haveli to your Saves list
Hotel Lal's Haveli
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8892/95 Multani Dhanda , pahar ganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #88 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Utah
“Better than expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel is not in a great part of town and does not make a great first impression, but, it is much better than that first impression. The room was basic but clean, good a/c and hot water. The service is very good and all the staff is helpful and friendly. We really enjoyed having morning coffee on the roof and breakfast was good. On a budget this a good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here for about 2 days before leaving Delhi India. Booked through Agoda with airport transfer, I checked in okay with my pre printed voucher from agoda clearly stating the terms of booking with airport transfer, at check in they kept my voucher. The hotel seems very odd, as when your inside the floors are sloping most noticeably on the second floor. Rooms are clean and if you have a side room a little quiter. The roof top area creates a lot of noise, with chairs being scrapped along the floor and tables being moved, so if your on the third floor, expect a lot of noise. The hotel is fairly nosiey with people coming and going and noise from the elevator doors didnt help. The area of parahganj is really run down and I mean the whole area is although it is close the railway station, but thats not much of positive. I had warm water for the shower and a nearly clean and stain free towel. The room is clean and AC works. On check out the problems began, as they wanted 550 rupees for the airport transfer, even though I had already paid through agoda and it clearly stated on the booking i wanted the hotel transfer. The man on check in was having none of it and demanded the money, I was furious about this and as it was monday morning and i needed to catch my flight I knew I was being ripped off. This crooked practice is awful but its India. Average price to the airport is about 300 Rupees , Would i recommend you stay here ? NO ! Save yourself the headache and stay at one of the many other hotels.

Room Tip: Yes you can get a good room by staying at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
hotellalhaveli, Owner at Hotel Lal's Haveli, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear Sir
Thanks For Staying In Our Hotel Lals Haveli.While Going Through Your Review We Would Like To Mention Here That Only Airport Pick Up Was Complimentay As Per The Booking Made By You Through Agoda.Its Seems That There Was a Misunderstanding on Your Part For Dropping At The Airport.( WHICH IS CHARGEABLE ).We Request You To Kindly Modify The Review & Oblige.

THANKING YOU & ASSURING YOU OUR BEST SERVICES AT ALL TIMES

BEST REGARDS
AMIT WASON
OWNER
HOTEL LALS HAVELI.
Sandy, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is definitely one of the best places to stay in Delhi - especially if you're on a budget. We've stayed in several different hotels here, but none even compare to Lal's Haveli. The staff is very helpful, friendly, kind, and attentive to every need you might have. The prices are well more than fair for the quality of rooms you get. They are very prompt and follow through with what you request (such as pick ups/drop offs). They even held our bags for 4 days for us free of charge while we toured other cities! I would recommend this place to anyone in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We opted for the nicest, most expensive room (which was still dirt cheap) because it included free a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is an amazing value for top-rated service! We stayed for a couple of days when first arriving to Delhi and they helped us arrange everything from site seeing to taxis. Our bus up north wasn't until the evening and they even allowed us to keep our luggage in the hotel fir the day and gave us a room free of charge for just a couple of hours to eat and freshen up! Their food is amazing and very inexpensive. We knew when we needed to stay somewhere in Delhi on our last day here there was no other choice. I recommend Lal's Haveli to everyone whether you are staying in Delhi for a night or a week! I definitely wouldn't stay anywhere else!

• Stayed July 2012
Frankfurt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

The stuff of the Lal's Haveli is very friendly and kind. We were picked up from the airport and they helped us with everything we wanted and needed. When I arrived, I had to see a dentist and the Hotel arranged EVERYTHING for me.The rooms (i saw three) are clean and very comfortable with AC and they helped us booking tours around New Delhi and Agra to a good price and the driver never left us alone (we were three girls). When we left, he even waited until the bus was leaving, to make sure that everything is fine with us
I would always recommend the Hotel and I am very thankful for everything they did for me.
The prices are very fair and the food is delicious.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

The staff and management were very friendly. As promised with my booking I was picked up by a driver from the airport. I was given a warm welcome upon my arrival and my bag was carried to my room for me. The room was clean and the air conditioner was amazing. I did feel somewhat railroaded into going with a tour operator to visit his office and once there felt obliged to make a booking with them.
There are many hotels in the area that this hotel is in. However the area is very crowded (more so than in other parts of Delhi), very dirty, very busy and very noisy. I have stayed in other 3 star hotels in other parts of Delhi which were contrary to this area.
This is value for money. Wouldn't stay in that area again though.

• Stayed July 2012
Reykjavik, Iceland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

First of all, the profile picture is false. The hotel is not a free standing building but only a small door in a busy street in a bad neighbourhood. They told us it would be wise to not walk down the street after dark. The adventure started when the driver from the hotel picked us up. He was so drunk he couldn´t even drive straight. The hotel was always filled with random people sleeping on the hallway or pretending to be cleaning the stairs. The room was dirty and the smell from the street was disgusting. Not even mentioning the noise. There was one towel in the room when we arrived and they got really shocked when we asked for another. The building is all upside down, every time I walked up the stairs I got dissy, the floors either lean to the left or to the right. When we lay in bed our head would be lower then the toes so we had too sleep across the bed. The showerhead didn´t work so we used a bucket. The staff wasn´t helpful at all. Although there was this one guy who took care of us when we needed something. Every time the manager would say no (e.g. laundry, breakfast) he would find a way to make it happen. The resturant aka one guy cooking was great at least we never had a bad stomach while we were there. The wi-fi in the rooms was decent but these are the only two things that were ok. The room was expensive compared to other places we stayed at that were much cleaner and quieter. We booked in advanced and I regret not demanding a refund and change hotels, it was that bad.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Lal's Haveli? Share your experiences!