“Good Budget Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Sri Nanak Continental

You added Hotel Sri Nanak Continental to your Saves list
Hotel Sri Nanak Continental
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2222 Hardhyan Singh Road, Karol Bagh | Near Gurudwara Road - Gurudwara Temple, Next to Corporation Bank, New Delhi 110005, India   |
Ranked #514 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Athens, Greece
“Good Budget Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The helpful hotel staff who has care for me and during my stay. The room was very clean specially the bathroom. The Food specially the breakfast with fresh fruits was delicious.

Safe to stay here as it is located in the city, Delhi - Karol Bagh is a beautiful place but crowded city full of traffic jam, people are talkative. I booked a room which was full of facilities. Clean bed linens, Toilet Roll was provided me free of cost. No dust, very clean, attentive staff with free internet as I have used the services during my stay. I will recommend to stay here.

Room Tip: I have stayed on 3rd Floor which is very clean
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lombardore, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

i had a comfortable stay in the hotel,the hotel is at good location and on the reception a beautiful lady with a sweet smile on her face is present which give some positive energy to the guest.my room was quite good and the food was ok.overall it was a comfortable stay for me

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

the hotel is nice and the staff is the best thing for the hotel.they server the guest with full dedication.whenever i wanted anything they were always there for my help.my room was not so luxurious but the bed was very comfortable and clean i slept very well in night.it is a nice hotel in such a lower rates.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I booked this hotel for our first night in India using my airmiles and based on the high review score. After reading the reviews further after I'd booked, I noticed that many of the foreign reviewers (always with only this one hotel review ever submitted) purporting to be from the UK, Australia, US (English-speaking nations) were written in Indian-English and awful grammar, always gave 5 stars and praised the staff highly. It seems obvious to me that these are written by the hotel staff and if I had realised this earlier I would definitely not have stayed here.

I therefore expected the hotel to be absolutely dire. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't. The taxi driver coming from the airport took hours to find it and in the end I found it for him using a google map print out that I had done from home. The check in staff were professional. The room was OK. The floor was filthy. I think that was due to the general dust of Delhi but it didn't help that our wondows and air con were a little dodgy. Our window seemed to be held together by a teaspoon wedged strategically into it. The hotel is in a very noisy area - traffic and beeping in the day and dogs howling at night. The bathroom was clean and in general I was happy with the room. The breakfast was OK (tea, toast, omlette etc) but we felt like the only people staying in the entire hotel. The location was handy for the metro (a 10 minute walk away). I don't think I'd have stayed here if I was a single traveller as the area didn't feel that safe.

If it wasn't for the dishonesty of the reviews I might consider staying here again if in a couple.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible away from the road noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel proved to be as good as it was showcased.The rooms were clean and tidy,the food was excellent and my stay was superb.The staff was gentle,polite and helping.The buffet had a lot of variety to choose from.The washrooms were clean and tidy.I stayed here for 2 days and had no complaints.I advise everyone to visit here as u cant find such a hotel with so many facilities in such a reasonable price.My visit was value for money or in fact more than value for my money.
I enjoyed my stay!!

• Stayed November 2012
Chatham, NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I selected this hotel because the tour company I contracted to take me out to the Taj supposedly picked up from this property. As one other reviewer, this property is located in a SLUM area. The photos on the web are far from reality. Photoshopped big time. There are beggers, dog gangs, and rats the size of guinea pigs (which by the way, climb trees). Yikes!!! The bathroom was filthy and you are offered a bucket and a cup for a shower. Next there is the bed linen and "mini bar". I have bedbug bites on my legs and it has been a few months since I stayed there. I think I will carry these war scars for a few more months. The bed sheets and towels were gray. I used my Tshirts to dry my face. Next, the minibar is a yellowed, filthy college dorm refrigerator that does not cool. I did not dare take anything from the minibar. I had bottled water I purchased at the airport prior to arriving at the hotel. Finally, I had planned for a tour bus trip with other travelers and a suspicious private car showed up. As a female traveling alone, this is not ideal. The drive to the Taj is 6 hours round trip and a lot could happen. Also I had prepaid for my tour and had a voucher but the driver asked me for payment... Again, very suspicious. I decided not to take my changes and declined on the private sedan tour. When I got back to the states I settled with my credit card company. I was still out for the one night stay and my transfer to a safer property recommended by the US Embassy until my flight out of India. This was a HORRIBLE experience. It raised my blood pressure where I am now borderline hypertensive due to the upset. Overall, India is not for your typical tourist, it is definitely for the adventurer. Also be willing to haggle for everything, beware of bottled water sold on the streets and in small grocery store, stay away from street food, make sure you are vaccinated, expect to see poverty and street beggers, also expect to walk on the streets since most places do not have sidewalks, finally the average temps are well over 105F in June. Next, the staff at the hotel were rude. They pretend that they do not speak English and you should tip them for ever service, they also "do not know anything". Prepare for multiple power outages during the day. At this property I got study in their elevator twice and each time it was for 30 min....very frightening.

• Stayed June 2012
Gaziantep, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

On my business visit to New Delhi in the last week of October, one of my friend suggested this Hotel. I had a great stay here, rooms were spacious, clean & staff was very helpful. The breakfast they served on rooftop restaurant was very good.
I surely will stay at this Hotel on my next visit to Delhi.

Room Tip: Before checking it saw 3-4 rooms & was amazed to find all rooms have different decor & also...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Sri Nanak Continental? Share your experiences!