This hotel offers top five star quality, luxory with very friendly and promt service.
We stayed here one week in two parts, first four nights and after our trip to Agra another three nights. We had booked a club room. Both the rooms were comformtable and elegantly furnished. The beds were excellent to sleep in and the bed linnen were of the very best quality. The houskeeping staff made us chearful by forming the towels in shape of different animal. The elephant Santhosh Kumar had made was one of the higlights of our holiday. There was fresh fruit and several big bottles of water in the room.
There was free wifi, which is not tippical for five star hotels. The wifi was fast and functioned very well all over the hotel premises, including the pool area.
The pool was large and the sun beds very good. The was a small garden. There were complimentary drinking water, sun tanning lotion and newspapers available by the pool.
The breakfast in the 19th floor lounge was comprehensive and delicious. We espcially liked the selection of fresh fruit and omelettes made to order. In the evening there were free coctails and snacks avaliable in the lounge. We really enjoyed sitting by the window and looking at the lights of Delhi while sipping our drinks. The lounge staff was very friendly and helpful and they made our evenings memorable.
As we arrived early in the morning, we appreciate a lot that we were able to get the room before 9 AM after spending the night onboard an aircraft. We also were offered complimentary transportation by hotel limousine to railway station and and airport when we checked out.
The Sunday brunch with free flow of champagne was a great experience. Don't miss that! It was a little hard to notice, because it was not mentioned on the hotel web site nor in the room. We found it accidentally by googling Sunday brunches in Delhi. In the hotel, there was only a small mentioning about it in a poster in one of the elevators.
We also recommend the Indian high tea in the lobby cafeteria.
Several staff members asked if we were satisfied with the hotel. Yes, we were very satisfied and impressed. They also asked if there was something they could do better. At that time we really couldn't think of anything. Afterwards we could only think of one minor thing: the fire/smoke alarm on the room ceiling had a blinking light.
We really enjoyd our stay in the Shangri-la Eros hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Shangri La Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri-La
- Shangrila Hotel
- Shangri-La Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La Delhi
- Hotel Shangri La New Delhi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A traveler's delight in the heart of the city. Ranked as one of the best Luxury Hotels in New Delhi, Shangri-La's- Eros Hotel, New Delhi is the preferred address for guests around the world. The hotel is centrally located in the heart of New Delhi, in the midst of beautifully landscaped gardens, with superb recreational and business facilities, providing a blissful retreat for the discerning traveler. The hotel is in close proximity to the tourist and commercial hubs in Connaught place and the Central Government ministries including the North Block, the South Block and the Rashtrapati Bhavan. Shangri-La's - Eros Hotel, New Delhi is just a 30 minute drive from Indira Gandhi International Airport. It offers premium accommodation in its 320 well appointed rooms and suites with exquisite interiors complimented with the highest quality of service standards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel and Venere so you can book your Shangri-La's Eros Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.