“Hard to fault!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Smyle Inn

You added Smyle Inn to your Saves list
Smyle Inn
2.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   916 Gali Chandi Wali, | Main Bazaar, Paharganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #72 of 918 New Delhi B&B and Inns
sydney
“Hard to fault!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Got back last week from a 10 night stay here and it was great! Clean, well placed, great breakfasts, good wifi, helpful staff and comfortable. Everything was smooth from my airport pickup right through to check out. Hot water was a little hit and miss, but that's to be expected. Brilliant for the price, and would recommend!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

It was a nice clean room but a bit small, the airport pickup is really convenient and especially if you are coming into india for the first time its nice to have the comfort. They were great about helping me get set up in india with my phone and everything. The breakfast was really nice too. The room could have been a bit bigger but this is sort of the norm for main bazaar area.

Room Tip: try and ask for a window room
Srikakulam, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

first of all i must thank mr.harish, the owner of this hotel. he sent two men immediately to the station to lead us to the hotel, when i called him and said i lost the way to the hotel. i stayed in this hotel on 19.10.2012 for one day, in the old wing. the hotel is very clean and neat. even the corridors and steps are very clean, without any hesitation u can sit on it. the room is considerably small, but comfortable, the a/c is good,lcd tv is also working but the quality of the transmission is not good, and the speed of wi-fi is also good. the bathroom is also quite small, if u are a fate person be careful. there are no hangers in the room and even in the bathroom. but it has a geyser in working condition. i suggest this hotel to my friends and i will stay in this hotel in my next visit to delhi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for four days in October in a double room with air con and I must say it was a really pleasant experience. The room was spacious and clean, it had a hot shower, free wifi, TV, towel, two locks on the door and a free breakfast was provided (very basic but sees you through a few hours in the morning until you can find somewhere worth eating at).

I felt very safe and the staff were very helpful. The hotel is located in a really busy tourist area of Delhi so watch out for pick pockets and people trying to take you to travel agents to get a free map it's a scam they will over charge you, do your research before going!

My room had no windows but this meant it was located on the inside of the building so street noise was greatly reduced so its a lucky dip where you get placed however a quite hotel room in Delhi is unheard of.

The hotel is also located five minutes away from the Metro system which is surprisingly easy to use. I travelled alone and used it with no problem. It's a very cheap and quick way to see Delhi.

One piece of advice, when asking for directions or general questions its best to ask a few shop owners, they have less reason to miss guide you then the people hanging around in the streets ready to take you to the wrong place or travel shop to get commission or a few rupees.

But to sum up the hotel I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the main street
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked a room via their website. Showed up and was made to follow the manager to My Inn down the road. He said it was also his hotel. The room was $hit but I was tired and just wanted a shower. He said, "this hotel is nicer but they will only charge you the rate on our website." That was 655 rupees for a single ensuite with breakfast and wifi. My Inn didn't have wifi and I was told to go to Smyle Inn for breakfast. I had to wait in the lobby of My Inn for 30 minutes while they argued about whether I could stay there. I should have walked out. I paid 600 to My Inn and for breakfast the next morning I walked to Smyle Inn and was told I would have to pay the extra 55 rupees for breakfast. I refused and bought breakfast somewhere else. Upon checking out of My Inn, I was told I had to pay the extra 55 rupees. First of all Smyle Inn didn't look full when I tried to check in. Second, I have no idea how much My Inn rooms would normally be, but it was literally the worst room I have stayed in through 3 months in India. Don't support this place.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
SmyleInn, Owner at Smyle Inn, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Guest,
I am very sorry to learn about your experience. I will send you a PM to know about some details before I can take action against the staff.

Even before I do that, I want you to note that this is a big mistake from our side.

In your case due to the Grand Prix weekend, we are indeed sold out on top of that two girls fell ill after consuming food from outside and had to stay longer (could not have asked them to move out). This is why we could not get you the room.

In the past (may be five or six times in a year), when ever we were overbooked, we have always arrange rooms elsewhere. But our commitment does not end there. We always take care of those guests. Like they can always come back to Smyle Inn for breakfast, use our Hostel WiFi, use our Hostel Lounge area. Basically we make the guest feel that they are a part of Smyle Inn and that other than sleeping in Smyle Inn, they are in Smyle Inn itself.

Since this did not happen with you, I will personally take action against this. Thanks for bringing to my notice. I really do appreciate it. Actually for anyone reading this, I am just a quick email away. The email address is on our hostel website. I personally read the mails and respond very quickly. If you are in Delhi again, please do stop by, I will make it upto you.

Regards
Harish
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The good first: When it is your first time in Delhi, airport-pickup come in handy. The pickup-guy was waiting for us as planned and was friendly. Rooms (we stayed in double standard ensuite) are small and dark, but it seemed clean enough, very basic.

Now, the negative and more important about this place: Absolut worst service ever! The manager in the reception is incredibly arrogant and have an attitude, especially towards me as a girl, I haven't experienced the past 2 months of travelling. I got really sick the last night we were there, and we kindly asked for his help to extend us for just one more night, as I couldn't leave the bed- but of course he could not og would not help us. We actually asked two days ahead to extend, because the room was alright, but it was too much for the manager to look through the bookings and count, so instead of using 2 minutes for that he got really mad and raised his voice in front of us (two adults, standing there as kids getting told what to do! VERY unprofessional!).
I regret we haven't got his name, as we intend to contact the owner as well.
To you guys who book this place anyway, beware of the arrogant attitude and don't expect to feel welcome at all!

• Stayed October 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My friend an I spent eight days at Smyle Inn in September 2012.. For the price this hotel had everything we needed, A huge bed, hot and cold water and TV. Alum, the front desk person was very good. I asked to be on te ground floor. He changed the rooom.
The travel guy Ali is a bit of a romeo, Ladies ignore him. He's harmless.. The free breakfast of Cornflakes, fruit juice, omelette, toast and coffee was a nice touch.
One thing though they claim not to enter the room to clean if you're not present.We did not get our room cleaned the whole timewe were there, We would leave for the day then return late evening. I will return to this hotel .

Room Tip: This hotel is in the middle of al the action, therefore you get the smells, Take some room freshner...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Smyle Inn? Share your experiences!