I stayed here for one night only at the start of a trip to India. The rooms are ok, they are basic but clean and a reasonable size. Our room overlooked the hockey pitch which was interesting. The en-suite bathroom could do with a bit of a overhaul, our shower didn't work so we had to use the bath which took an age to run and as the plug did not fit correctly it drained slowly away leaving you feeling like you had not had a through wash.
On the plus size the food is delicious. We only ate breakfast here but there was a large range of different dishes to choose from and the food was piping hot. The hotel is well located for shopping and eating out, we found a nice restaurant about 15 minutes walk away which was a good introduction to India for our first night. A tip would be to buy water from the small stall directly opposite the hotel rather than in the hotel as it is about half the price.
On the negative side we left a jumper in the hotel room when we left, we called within about 4 hours of leaving but were told nothing had been left in the room. It could have only been left here so this left a bit of a sour taste in the mouth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At The Connaught , New Delhi you savor the living experience at its best. Affordable, warm and cozy; the hotel welcomes you to the true Indian spirit of hospitality. Located in the hub of the business centre of the metropolis - Connaught Place, the hotel is in very close proximity to the Lady Hardinge Medical College. Also, in very close proximity to the Delhi Metro station, the Airport Express and the capitals main railway station. It also is very accessible to the International & Domestic airports. The hotel boasts of 87 refined, well-appointed rooms those are tucked carefully spread over the Seven Floors of the hotel building. Catch the spectacular bird's eye view of the Shivaji Stadium and the colonial stretches of Connaught Place. Also, catch a glimpse of the historic Parliament and India Gate monuments and enjoy a delightful view straight from the rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your The Connaught reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Connaught New Delhi
- Connaught Hotel Delhi
- The Connaught Hotel Delhi
- Hotel Connaught Delhi
- Hotel The Connaught
- Hotel Connaught New Delhi