“One of the best place for a family outing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Barbeque Nation

Barbeque Nation
Ground Floor, Eros Cinema Bulding, Jangpura Extension | Jangpura Extension, New Delhi 110014, India
011-43552684011-43552684
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 4,097 Restaurants in New Delhi
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Guwahati, India
“One of the best place for a family outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

They have a theme everyday. End numbers of item and quantity in the Starter - all included in the price. Staff also perform to music in between to change the mood. Barbeque have many items.. Sea Food, Chicken , Motton etc.

Visited November 2012

New Delhi, India
“A change from regular eating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Very freshly grilled kababs. Delicious and had lot of varieties. From Delhi standard it was not very expensive and worth a visit in a month or two.

Visited August 2013
New Delhi, India
“Perfect for creating great food memories!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

There are days when diets are damned, calories forgotten and the scales are lost (read, shoved under the bed). If it’ s one of those days for you, follow my advice and head straight to a Barbeque Nation, as I did.

Having had the foresight to book a table, we were ushered into the spacious and well-lit outlet in Jungpura. We had had a very light breakfast, in anticipation of a gastronomic orgy during lunch, and were suitably hungry. As soon as we ordered our drinks (I settled for my all-time favourite Cosmo), the servers started the party. Skewers upon skewers were laid upon us, ready to be cooked in the signature BQ charcoal grills. There was fish, chicken tikka and prawns to choose from, and vegetarians could relish tandoori aloo and mushrooms. Though I don’t eat fish, I still tried a piece, and it was yummy – fresh and tender. The best part was (for me!) that is didn’t have that overpowering fishy smell.

If you find the meat a bit too bland, there are a number of sauces and dips to add more flavour. There was a mustard-mayo dip that my mom absolutely loved, however for me, the best way to enjoy a tikka is with green chutney and onion ringlets.

Even though I had taken the non-veg option, I couldn’t pass on the paneer tikka, something I just can’t resist. As we drank and ate, and chatted, we lost count of the number of skewers that we polished off. With such starters, one should be forgiven for forgetting about the main course.

The main course was also quite a mouthful – a decent Indian buffet spread with more chicken and fish and lots of veggie options. However, as I was already quite full, all I could manage was the biryani with a few spoonfuls of makhani dal. The rice was fragrant and the biryani was quite delicious. I also liked the nargisi kofta, which is traditionally made of mutton, but was given a ‘palak’ twist here.

The dessert options looked quite tempting but were almost average in taste. I found the brownie a bit dry (yes, I watch Masterchef and was looking for something gooier), the moong dal halwa had too much ghee and the soufflé was just ok. I liked the Diplomat’s pudding, a version of trifle in custard, which had the warmth and flavour of a home-baked dish, and was actually comforting.

The highlight of my meal, however, was the exceptional service. The servers were friendly - ready when I wanted something, but not intrusive when I wanted to munch in peace. As we had a kid in our group, one of them went and brought some French fries and an orange drink for the little girl. A very thoughtful gesture we thought. And that’s not all, when they figured we were celebrating Daughter’s Day, they sent us off with a special cake to celebrate! I think we don’t really give much thought to how much good service can enhance or destroy a dining experience, but efficient, quick service (or lack of it) can really make or break a meal! I ended up congratulating the manager, who was sharp and smiling, and her staff was probably taking after her. Kudos!

So while this was not my first trip to BQ (I’m a regular at the Gurgaon outlet), I have to say, that this one was the most memorable.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Calgary, Canada
“Sizzling, Tasty Feast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I went for a family member's birthday party in late March. There were 8 of us including one child.

We had reservations and were promptly seated. The place can get crowded so reservations are recommended--be punctual or you can lose your place !

The barbecue is mostly Indian style Tandoor and kababs. Do not expect Texas or Cajun or Southern American items. But the food is delicious and tasty for both vegetarian and non vegetarian items. Try their Reshmi, Tangri Kababs and Tikkas. The fish tikkas and curries are also excellent. The items are all served fresh, piping hot and kept hot by the flame in each table. The pilaf/biryanis were also were tasty.

Selection of desserts was very good and tasty. We all over ate.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Noida, India
“Ask for Nothing More”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If anyone tells you that this is a buffet system , don't go by their words.
This is a completely different way of serving food , just imagine your table becomes a barbeque and sticks of mutton , chicken, fish and prawns kebabs are served over hot tandoor. Varieties are more for vegetarians. The supply will not stop till the time u say no to them.
This is not all , then follows main course which includes best of Indian and Thai food . every possible salad form , to biryani (rice) soup , and hot breads served coming to ur table.
Is this all ? you may ask.
No, Desserts time. rows of pastries , cakes , Indian sweets , ice creams and fresh fruits
oh forgot to add choice of welcome drink , some serve liquor as well.
The food is not fried so it doesn't make your stomach heavy , at night you can have ur regular dinner.

All this and you pay only Rs 619/ which is i guess less than US$ 10 .
I visit the place at least twice in a month.

• Visited August 2013