“good location, cool staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Uppal International

You added Hotel Uppal International to your Saves list
Hotel Uppal International
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   28, Arakashan Road, Ram Nagar | Paharganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #532 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Tokyo Prefecture, Japan
“good location, cool staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It was first time to come to India. Was worried about my trip a little, and my flight was late night. However, when I got to the hotel, the staff welcomed friendly. I have a little problem with my luggage, but they solved them. Thanks so much Mr.Ombeer.bhati. really recommend this hotel for your first visiting in Delhi.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The rooms were very clean and comfortable, staff were excellent and informative and helpful in arranging taxis to different locations. It's located in the heart of New Delhi on a quiet back street. I would stay here again and I would recommend this to other westerners wanting comfortable, affordable accomodation. The staff deserve much praise

• Stayed December 2014
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Clean, comfortable, service... What else can you ask for. Staff are great... Organising drivers for you for the day so you don't get taken advantage of. Know that if getting from train station.. It's not that far.. 2-5min tops. So don't get taken advantage of there.. Could probably walk. May have trouble getting use to how to work shower but will work it out and does have hot water (had trouble with past hotels). Enjoyed simple breakfast including eggs, toast, cereal, juice, fruit and more. Off the Main Street which I like. Wifi is great though won't be taking advantage of salon and spa facilities as I feel is expensive. Would have liked for so,e western food on the room service menu. But after weeks I'm remote India where couldn't find any meat it was great to find a McDonald's that serves chicken in walking distance. Pharmacy next to hotel which was convenient. Can request not to have rooms clean if worried about security. Rooms well designed and modern, with comfortable bed and linens. Large working TV. Sensor lights in bathroom.

Would have enjoyed a 'hotel welcome' information book of so,e sort with list of facilities and where to find/ask. Including where and what is the buffet breakfast, and how to work shower, and what tours and attractions they recommend.

Stay not over yet but enjoying so far.

Room Tip: Ask to see room first and ask about shower.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Nagpur, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

this property is located on the hotel rifled aarakashan road and is well within one km of oh New Delhi railway station. A rickshaw charged me 30 rs for drop at hotel. I was in room 203, and it does not disappoint you once u get yourself comfortable. Beds are cozy, the give you a number of pillows, something I enjoyed. You might take you a little hit and trail to get hot water in your showers but the overall experience is value for money. Complementary breakfast on the top floor looks elegant. you have cctv in galleries, neatness is appreciable, although I struggled to get sufficient network coverage on my BSNL other networks do well as I was told. The best part was that the hotel allowed me to keep my luggage after check out, and the provided a room when I came to get my luggage to take a bath before I left the hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed 3 days at Uppal International Delhi with my family of 5. It was awesome experience. The main thing which we liked most was very warm welcoming staff, clean and spacious rooms and restrooms. Prices are in budget. You can even enjoy the services of 5 star hotel at Uppal International Delhi by paying little from your pocket. If we get a chance again to come back to Delhi we will definitely stay at Uppal Internationals. Go and feel the happiness there.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Mexico City, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Beautiful, relaxing stay! From the very start you can experience the warm welcome of the staff, the beautiful decor and spacey rooms just are the cherry on top of the icing. Definitely will be coming back to this beautiful hotel! Thank you!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

I was wary of Paharganj hotels, notorious for deceiving clients. Unless budget is the only thing you have in mind, never stay at Paharganj, especially with family. Karol Bagh is far better budget option.
I usually stay at Connaught Place area, but decided to try out a Paharganj property for the first time. This was during my visit with my family.
I spoke to Mr. Sundeep Verma who made the reservation. he made me belive that except for the location (Paharganj), the hotel meets a very high standard. I fell into his trap and booked the hotel. I had booked the Premium room in the hotel with triple occupancy. First the service was poor. Wi-fi was so slow, that I couldn't use it. Breakfast is ordinary, and you have to go to their kitchen to request for anything that you need as the staff members are busy chit-chatting among themselves, least bothered about the guests.
On 23-Nov'14, our room was not cleaned...reason staff busy performing Diwali Puja. The guy at the front desk was absolutely satisfied with his own reasoning that Puja is a nice excuse to skip work.
Their is nothing like a view from the room in this hotel. If you look out you will get to see a few dilapidated buildings. I looked out just once.
The only thing they are prompt about is to ensure that you pay your advance.
You will find a lot of good reviews in Trip Advisor, but these are all paid reviews, and this is what makes me feel cheated.
Horrible experience, will never visit again...thanks Mr. Sundeep Verma for cheating the same people who pay your salaries

Room Tip: Do not get fooled by the good reviews you read. They are all paid reviews
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
UppalDelhi, General Manager at Hotel Uppal International, responded to this review, November 19, 2014
Dear Guest

We have seen your post on trip advisor and we are very much disappointed. As you are our honorable guest, your check-in date was 21 Oct 14 & check-out date was 24 Oct 14.

As per your post, we would like to raise our strong objection on the word of "Trap". As per the reservation , we have offered you a Nice Clean Room on desired dates with smooth check-in formalities and on the same Tariff as we had discussed so would you like to advice us where is the "Trap". If there are any so called "Trap" then we should ask for the Higher Tariff at the time of check-in or we should give you a lower category room but we did not do anything like that so where is the "TRAP". We are so sorry but we cannot accept this.

As per your post of Wifi, we would like to say WIFI is entirely based on the Internet and that is based on the service provider and our services provider is AIRTEL. From our end, we do have a reputed service provider if during your stay the Internet was slow then this is entirely a 3rd party issue or a technical issue. We can only apologies & try to had a word with the service provider regarding the issue.

As per your post of Service, as you had checked-in with us on 21 oct and you face the service Issue on 23 Oct which is the day of "Deepawali". As everybody aware, deepawali is a biggest festival in entire India and everybody like to celebrate this day. We hope, as a Indian or as a human Being you should understand the importance of the human feelings if due to "Deepawali Prayer" you got some delay in room Cleaning. We accept your words "works first" but we all should accept the word of "Prayer" which is belong to the India's biggest festival. In future, we will take care of this.

As per your post, you said our breakfast is ordinary. As we are serving buffet breakfast in our Restaurant. we are serving Toast with Butter/Honey/Jam, Tea / Coffee / Fruit Juice, Corn Flakes with Hot/Cold Milk, Cut Fruits, Boiled Eggs, Different types of Omelet like Masala / French / Spanish, Stuff Indian Paratha with Curd, Puri Bhaji. On top our this breakfast has a rotation on each day without any limitations. If still the Guest said in the Budget hotel this is a average buffet breakfast then kindly advice us what we can serve.

Our breakfast time is between 07.00 hrs to 10.00 hrs if the guest come for the breakfast at 10.30 hrs and they still forced us to serve them and the same time we are also serving them but this is also sure you may not be able to get the entire range of the breakfast like you may get in buffet breakfast.

As per the issue of "view from room". We must say, we never pass this information to our guest not even on our website or Internet. We never say we have a beautiful landscaping view or ocean view or a beach view. As you said Karol Bagh hotels are nice then the paharganj hotels. We must say, if you are talking about the comfort level, Room level, room size, comfort of bed or breakfast level, NO ONE can beat the paharganj Hotels. If you had stayed in Karol bagh hotels or in connaught place. With the same kind of level in karol bagh you have to pay approx double or in connaught place you have to pay a three time more but here in budget price you are getting everything.

As per your post you said " Paid Trip adviser Reviews". We would like to say this is too much or we should ask the same from you. As everybody aware TripAdvisor is a platform of honest Traveler reviews. We do not have any doubt on it if you have any doubt then you are blaming a capability of TripAdvisor so we can not say anything on it.

Hope the above response will be a satisfactory.

With warm Regards

Management of Hotel Uppal International
New Delhi

Been to Hotel Uppal International? Share your experiences!