“Clean and good value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arjun

You added Hotel Arjun to your Saves list
Hotel Arjun
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5084 Main Bazar Pahar Ganj | Near Khanna Cinema, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #113 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Mexico City, Mexico
“Clean and good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stayed here briefly in August and December 2014. Rooms are clean and newly furnished. It's not a luxury hotel but good by Delhi standards for the price; I'd stay again if passing through Delhi and needing to stay in Paharganj. Staff are nice and let me leave my luggage for a few extra hours. The manager asked me to leave a review and I thought I would because it's a decent place. Traveller from London.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had stayed 4 nights in Arjun hotel. It's a nice, and budget hotel with all other ammenties. Location is good. Service is excellent, all people are helpful. Specially the guy Mr. Vikash dutt tiwari. One drawback is there is no restaurant in the hotel .you have to go out side for food but they can be arranged on request.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The location of the hotel is one of the best in Delhi (close to everything). All the hotel staff were very much helpful and caring. I loved the hospitality offered by them. The quality and variety of food was also remarkable. I never feel that I was far away from my home.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
vagabondaisme
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Kishan and the other staff members made our stay at the Arjun very enjoyable. They went beyond the usual welcome. They were in all ways most accommodating. We felt safe and enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. The location of the hotel is perfect for Pahar Ganj visitors.
The room was clean and pleasant; the bathroom door needed attention and hopefully that will be taken care of before I return but that is our only negative comment. On our last day, we were able to rent a room for 8 hours at a fraction of the usual cost. We also were able to store all our luggage at the hotel and our taxi driver (ordered by the hotel) to the airport was most courteous.

Room Tip: this is not for people who like fancy hotels; it is more for people who want to feel secure and surr...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Suitable for Tradefair visitors or business visitors. Excellent location, Easily connected with delhi metro(Nearest metro station RK Ashram Marg or NewDelhi Metro) connected to Airport express Metro. (NewDelhi Metro-->Airport Express Line Metro).

Friendly Staffs in the reception, It would be better if the bed covers and pillow covers in the room will be washed perfectly. As a business visitor to Delhi, overall it is a nice stay.

Room Tip: Better choosing rooms 102 or 103
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I found myself once again misled by hotel reviews. I spent two nights at this hotel. The room is average. The bed is comfortable and clean. WiFi worked well, save for a few hours of intermittent connectivity.

The bathroom in my room inexcusable. It is extremely dated and not at all maintained. The bathroom had electrical wires hanging out of the wall, and the ventilation to the main floor was completely exposed. The toilet is old, at least 2 decades, perhaps more. The wall it is attached to has been patched several times, with the patch being extremely dirty. The sink and floor tiles are far overdue for replacement. The entire room, including bathroom need to be repainted.

There are also several men, who aren't affiliated with the hotel, that hang out in the hotel lobby, and in front of the hotel. One of the men was quite rude. When raising the issue, one of the hotel staff said 'He doesn't work here.' That admission prompted me to reprimand the hotel staff for allowing a non guest to behave in such a way to me as a hotel guest.

The hotel has an internet cafe. I used their printer and wanted to pay the hotel desk person on duty, but he wasn't present. Another man walked in from outside the front entrance and took the money from me. Unsure whether the man was a member of the hotel staff, I waited at the front desk until the desk person returned to confirm that the person who took my money was a hotel staff member. Staff at this hotel should really be wearing name tags.

Do not book transport or tours through this hotel. They charge higher prices than other agencies. Inquire with other agencies before making a booking.

There are several accommodation options in Main Bazaar for equal or less money. Don't waste your time with this hotel. I don't like to call previous reviews into question, but I have strong suspicions that there is deliberate misrepresentation about the quality of this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Gothenburg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

So me and my friend stayed at this hotel for three weeks so I think that we can give a full review on everything. If you want to stay in Paharganj this is a good place. The staff is very nice and helpful. You just ask them for everything and they will try to guide you. The food was good until one day we found out that their kitchen did not exist anymore so we had to go to their other hotel Shelton on the same street to eat breakfast. If you wanted to order room service it always took a very long time and sometimes they even forgot things that we ordered. About the laundry service, they misscoloured some of our white clothes so they turned pink. They washed it again but they never got back the same. But I think it's okey if you hand in clothes anyway, but maybe not your favorite items. The room was perfectly fine, maybe the bathroom was not that cozy but it worked. I am glad though that we did not have windows in our room because the street is very noisy so you have to be prepared for that. They can also clean every day if you tell them to.
You can also book arranged tours with them to Agra and Taj Mahal for example and also a Delhi tour. But in the Delhi tour we only had a cab to drive us and a guide was not included so maybe you can do that on your own. But the trip to Agra was really nice with both a chauffeur and a guide to show you around. You can also arrange pickup from the airport through Arjun which was very good since we arrived in the middle of the night and was a little bit scared about that. They have computers and internet so you can also print out flying tickets there. They were really nice yo us because when we became sick they let us rearrange our trip to Agra and they also came with room service even though they had to bring the food from Shelton. We would definitely stay there again and we miss them! / Love from Sweden

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Arjun? Share your experiences!