“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arjun

You added Hotel Arjun to your Saves list
Hotel Arjun
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5084 Main Bazar Pahar Ganj | Near Khanna Cinema, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #116 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Going by the previous reviews i was really looking forward to staying here but was really disappointed. The pillows were filthy with several dirty marks on them, one of which had been covered by another pillow. The staff were apologetic and quick to change it. But there were black hairs all over the bed sheets and our room faced the road which means it was noisy. Air con was a window vent unit rather than electrical wall unit and was pretty poor. The room is nicely decorated although some may feel a little tacky, but you cant deny that the room and bathroom itself wasn't clean. The location is good and they arranged a cheap taxi for us to the airport, however on arrival the driver asked if we could wait 15 minutes while he had a wash...all in all i probably would not return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thanks for choosing Hotel Arjun for your stay in New Delhi, We are glad for your feedback and regarding some your issues we have definately made a note of it. We have fresh linen in all rooms now, more manpower for quick service and hospitable staff to accommodate the guests. We will whole hearteldy request you to stay next time with us and feel the difference in service.

With kind regards
Vijay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pitt Meadows, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Location is about 15 minute ride by tuk tuk from train station. Keep in mind there are 2 train stations in Delhi. We got off the station that was farther away.

Hotel faces street so you can easily find it. It us close to metro, which is fastest & cheapest way to sight see around town. Be aware there are "millions" of people using metro so be prepared to shove or be shoved!

Room was clean & bed super comfy. Really cool mood & accent lighting in room. Made us feel we were in a night club at times! Bathroom was small but clean with great hot water shower pressure. Toilet functioned well. Service was not always great. Had to remind staff more than once for things. Even the taxi driver we booked to airport the night before was forgotten by them. Luckily staff called for another driver that morning who came just in time. Wifi was great in room. TV had great movie & news channel!

Overall, stay was good for value paid!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir

Thanks for your kind words, We are delighted to know that you liked the Hotel interiors and you had an excellent time with us. We want to inform all guests that our Hotel is located near the Main New Delhi Railways station and there around six stations in Delhi. but the main station in New Delhi train station. We feel deeply regretted that you found the services but delayed. We are surely improving on that and next time when you will stay with us you will feel the difference

Regards
Mumbai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The service was average not prompt had to remind for everything-room cleaning, breakfast, replenishing of tea bags, toiletries... The location is not at all good for families. The room was small with very small TV-old model, sheets were stained. Thanks to good A/C I could sustain the Delhi Heat but for that I had to change my room. The pictures and amenities mentioned in the website don't match. I will not recommend this to any decent individual let alone the family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Sir

Thanks for staying at our Hotel. We are glad to know that our Aircon was upto your standard. Paharganj is the center of Delhi with all easy access to go around anywhere to Delhi. But due to busy market to carry the children that can be issue. We have other properties around New Delhi. We definitely will look forward to serve you in future.

With kind regards
vijay
Panaji, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

stayed here for a week
checked out yesterday morning
the is the best place to stay in pahargang
the rooms are boutique style
the pictures dont lie on this occasion
but i personally think the rooms are actually better than the pics
vijay who is the owner here is young and vibrant and always impeccably dressed and very personable with a smile that could melt a glacier
the rooms are very reasonably priced for delhi
the have a restaurant on the roof and the food is good
wifi is free and works in the rooms
ravi and amit made the stay for me
funny and very kind and everything delivered that i needed to my room within five minutes
if you want a stress free comfortabe stay and very well price i would recommend arjun
i would definetly stay here again

Room Tip: its boiling in india 47 degress dont take top floor as t captures all the heat and you will need a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Peter

Greetings from Hotel Arjun New Delhi,

Thanks for staying at Hotel Arjun, we are glad to know that you have memorable stay with us. All are staff goes out of way to provide the memorable time for each guest.

We would surely be grateful to be your host again

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I do not feel the urge to rate every accommodation on my India trip, but this one is connected with so many emotions, I cannot resist. Originally, my intention was to book a room in the nearby Ajay Guesthouse as recommend by Lonely Planet, but they did not response my request for an airport service within a reasonable time. Keeping in mind all those warnings about dubious taxi drivers and the danger of arriving at two o'clock in the morning, I decided to search for an other accommodation. Vijay answer my email promptly, so I booked a deluxe room in his Arjun Hotel. Ironically, I was not able to recognize the driver he sent to pick me up at the airport and so we missed us. I was required to call Vijay, but my prepaid account was almost empty due to the horrible data roaming I forgot to switch off. A helpful soul let me use his own mobile, so I tried to call again but heard only music. No one picked up the phone. I was distressed. The helpful man who supposedly just came for his brother, offered me a seat in his car that has plenty of room for all three of us and luggage for both. I did not entertain suspicion until they explained, the whole Main Bazar area had had been closed because of election. They passed me to a Tourist Information Center. I knew to be presumably in a trap and started to hate me for my naivety. But the pleasant thirty-something who appears to be the manager, offered a call to my hotel, so I gave me a try. Now, a voice answered, that all rooms are sold out because of election and that they were very sorry not had been able to send a driver or inform me in advance. Subsequent calls to other hotels confirm the picture of an almost sold out town under an elective state of emergency. As a way out, the manager offered a trip to Agra or even further throughout Rajasthan, with a private driver and cheap accommodation. Of course, I did not accept such an offer and did not even think about to sign any contract. I realized, that the voices on the phone sound all somewhat similar and just want to leave this shady place. But they did not let me go, instead insist to pay some fantastic price for the taxi service. Lucky enough, I had only 20 Swiss-francs in my pocket I could gave them, though still to much for Indian relations. Anyway, I was free. A nearby motor-ricksha driver confirmed to bring me to my hotel for 50 rupees. I was eased. As we entered the Main Bazar, a police man rejected us, said the whole quarter was closed because of election. I want to leave the ricksha and go by foot, but the men held me back and I could not leave. The driver brought me back to the “Tourist Information Center”. It was immediately clear that both, the policeman and the driver must be members of this mafious organization. I almost cried. First time in India, at four o'clock in the morning after a long intercontinental fly, in an industry quarter in the middle of nowhere; my nerves were at breaking point. I insisted to bring me back near the hotel, but the fake policeman appeared again and I could not leave the ricksha. This time, I decided to escape whenever and wherever possible. As the ricksha went slower, I flew in an illuminated hotel lobby close to street. Shaking like a leaf, I told my story and the desk clerk informed Vijay, who picked me up. Of course, none of my calls ever reached him, they were all fakes. Conversely, he could not contact me, because the roaming policy forces me to pay even for incoming calls. What a pity!

I wrote my story in full length, to demonstrate how you could have been cheated even if you are careful and informed. Later on my trip, I met two Austrian guys who experienced the exact same story in Delhi, and even worse, a Japanese couple that lost over thousand dollar in a similar trap. It hurts me to say, but just ignore Indian people anywhere on the street in Delhi. They want to misguide you to an other “Tourist Information Center”. For example, if you want to buy a ticket at the New Delhi train station, just go straight to the first floor ticket office and ignore everyone left and right. There are contingents for foreign tourist, so you can buy tickets as a foreigner even if a train has been sold out for Indian people.

Vijay deeply apologized for the inconvenience and offered his best room as a free upgrade. I could not resist, even though I would never need such a big room as a single. I stayed there like a king, enjoyed the beautiful bath and clean sheets, which are not a matter of course in Indian budget hotels. The room was completely calm, in surprising contrast to the noisy Main Bazar street. Wi-Fi is fast enough for high quality Skype in the room. Vijay and his staff go to great length to make my stay as pleasant as possible. It was so relaxing! The kindly staff helped me organize my trip further. And instead of the budgeted free water bottle a day, they offered me water, orange juice and tee every time I entered or leaved the hotel. I was so happy that I decided to stay two days longer.

Beside of the kind and engaged hotel manager Vijay, I want to thank sunny-boy Anand for his good advice and the whole team for their great service. Unfortunately, I forgot to give tips as I left at 5 o'clock in the morning. Please take this as an appreciation of your work. A special thank goes to Vijays right hand Ravi, who organized a day-trip throughout Delhi that opened my eyes not only for the tourist attractions, but also for the hidden beauty and mystery of this vital world capital.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It was an immense pleasure to meet you in person. It is disheartening to know what happened but we always try to inform the guest to be careful while taking the prepaid Taxi's from the airport. Most of these airport taxis are in direct contact with the fake tourist information agencies which misguide people and engage them in buying big packages for sky high prices. We recomment all people to dial the number themselves and contact the hotel directly

We are glad to know that you had wonderful time with us. Looking forward to be your host again

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is situated at a terrific central location.
Very comfortable rooms.

Service was impeccable. The staff was extremely professional and always willing to help, especially Ravi.

Will definately come back! Tali

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tali

Thanks for your feedback. Our location is very central we are gald to know that you had wonderful time with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

Hello every body
My bame is akina iwas looking for a good hotel in pahar ganj and was searching a long time till i find the best and the cleanest hotel in the area.
They was very nich to me and they halp me in everything i need. Do yorself a big fever and dont waste yore time and go direct to te best.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Akiva

Thanks for staying at Hotel Arjun New Delhi. We are glad to know that you had wonderful time staying with us.

We look forward for your memorable stay with us.

Vijay

Been to Hotel Arjun? Share your experiences!