“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Arjun

You added Hotel Arjun to your Saves list
Hotel Arjun
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5084 Main Bazar Pahar Ganj | Near Khanna Cinema, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Ranked #116 of 643 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

The service was average not prompt had to remind for everything-room cleaning, breakfast, replenishing of tea bags, toiletries... The location is not at all good for families. The room was small with very small TV-old model, sheets were stained. Thanks to good A/C I could sustain the Delhi Heat but for that I had to change my room. The pictures and amenities mentioned in the website don't match. I will not recommend this to any decent individual let alone the family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

hotelarjun, Owner at Hotel Arjun, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Sir

Thanks for staying at our Hotel. We are glad to know that our Aircon was upto your standard. Paharganj is the center of Delhi with all easy access to go around anywhere to Delhi. But due to busy market to carry the children that can be issue. We have other properties around New Delhi. We definitely will look forward to serve you in future.

With kind regards
vijay

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I do not feel the urge to rate every accommodation on my India trip, but this one is connected with so many emotions, I cannot resist. Originally, my intention was to book a room in the nearby Ajay Guesthouse as recommend by Lonely Planet, but they did not response my request for an airport service within a reasonable time. Keeping in mind all those warnings about dubious taxi drivers and the danger of arriving at two o'clock in the morning, I decided to search for an other accommodation. Vijay answer my email promptly, so I booked a deluxe room in his Arjun Hotel. Ironically, I was not able to recognize the driver he sent to pick me up at the airport and so we missed us. I was required to call Vijay, but my prepaid account was almost empty due to the horrible data roaming I forgot to switch off. A helpful soul let me use his own mobile, so I tried to call again but heard only music. No one picked up the phone. I was distressed. The helpful man who supposedly just came for his brother, offered me a seat in his car that has plenty of room for all three of us and luggage for both. I did not entertain suspicion until they explained, the whole Main Bazar area had had been closed because of election. They passed me to a Tourist Information Center. I knew to be presumably in a trap and started to hate me for my naivety. But the pleasant thirty-something who appears to be the manager, offered a call to my hotel, so I gave me a try. Now, a voice answered, that all rooms are sold out because of election and that they were very sorry not had been able to send a driver or inform me in advance. Subsequent calls to other hotels confirm the picture of an almost sold out town under an elective state of emergency. As a way out, the manager offered a trip to Agra or even further throughout Rajasthan, with a private driver and cheap accommodation. Of course, I did not accept such an offer and did not even think about to sign any contract. I realized, that the voices on the phone sound all somewhat similar and just want to leave this shady place. But they did not let me go, instead insist to pay some fantastic price for the taxi service. Lucky enough, I had only 20 Swiss-francs in my pocket I could gave them, though still to much for Indian relations. Anyway, I was free. A nearby motor-ricksha driver confirmed to bring me to my hotel for 50 rupees. I was eased. As we entered the Main Bazar, a police man rejected us, said the whole quarter was closed because of election. I want to leave the ricksha and go by foot, but the men held me back and I could not leave. The driver brought me back to the “Tourist Information Center”. It was immediately clear that both, the policeman and the driver must be members of this mafious organization. I almost cried. First time in India, at four o'clock in the morning after a long intercontinental fly, in an industry quarter in the middle of nowhere; my nerves were at breaking point. I insisted to bring me back near the hotel, but the fake policeman appeared again and I could not leave the ricksha. This time, I decided to escape whenever and wherever possible. As the ricksha went slower, I flew in an illuminated hotel lobby close to street. Shaking like a leaf, I told my story and the desk clerk informed Vijay, who picked me up. Of course, none of my calls ever reached him, they were all fakes. Conversely, he could not contact me, because the roaming policy forces me to pay even for incoming calls. What a pity!

I wrote my story in full length, to demonstrate how you could have been cheated even if you are careful and informed. Later on my trip, I met two Austrian guys who experienced the exact same story in Delhi, and even worse, a Japanese couple that lost over thousand dollar in a similar trap. It hurts me to say, but just ignore Indian people anywhere on the street in Delhi. They want to misguide you to an other “Tourist Information Center”. For example, if you want to buy a ticket at the New Delhi train station, just go straight to the first floor ticket office and ignore everyone left and right. There are contingents for foreign tourist, so you can buy tickets as a foreigner even if a train has been sold out for Indian people.

Vijay deeply apologized for the inconvenience and offered his best room as a free upgrade. I could not resist, even though I would never need such a big room as a single. I stayed there like a king, enjoyed the beautiful bath and clean sheets, which are not a matter of course in Indian budget hotels. The room was completely calm, in surprising contrast to the noisy Main Bazar street. Wi-Fi is fast enough for high quality Skype in the room. Vijay and his staff go to great length to make my stay as pleasant as possible. It was so relaxing! The kindly staff helped me organize my trip further. And instead of the budgeted free water bottle a day, they offered me water, orange juice and tee every time I entered or leaved the hotel. I was so happy that I decided to stay two days longer.

Beside of the kind and engaged hotel manager Vijay, I want to thank sunny-boy Anand for his good advice and the whole team for their great service. Unfortunately, I forgot to give tips as I left at 5 o'clock in the morning. Please take this as an appreciation of your work. A special thank goes to Vijays right hand Ravi, who organized a day-trip throughout Delhi that opened my eyes not only for the tourist attractions, but also for the hidden beauty and mystery of this vital world capital.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It was an immense pleasure to meet you in person. It is disheartening to know what happened but we always try to inform the guest to be careful while taking the prepaid Taxi's from the airport. Most of these airport taxis are in direct contact with the fake tourist information agencies which misguide people and engage them in buying big packages for sky high prices. We recomment all people to dial the number themselves and contact the hotel directly

We are glad to know that you had wonderful time with us. Looking forward to be your host again

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is situated at a terrific central location.
Very comfortable rooms.

Service was impeccable. The staff was extremely professional and always willing to help, especially Ravi.

Will definately come back! Tali

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Tali

Thanks for your feedback. Our location is very central we are gald to know that you had wonderful time with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

Hello every body
My bame is akina iwas looking for a good hotel in pahar ganj and was searching a long time till i find the best and the cleanest hotel in the area.
They was very nich to me and they halp me in everything i need. Do yorself a big fever and dont waste yore time and go direct to te best.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Akiva

Thanks for staying at Hotel Arjun New Delhi. We are glad to know that you had wonderful time staying with us.

We look forward for your memorable stay with us.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

The room who got was very very very different from the one showed on the pictures. The place is rather dirty and there is really nothing special about it. You can also hear whatever is going on next room...
It doesn't really feel like an hotel. It is more like a building with rooms in each floors. Lack of personalization. Very standard.

Good tips given by the staff, you can rely on them. In the middle of a busy district. Can look a bit scary when you arrive by night. I recommend to arrange a pick up with the hotel (900Roupies) as it is far. Very close to the metro station

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
hotelarjun, Owner at Hotel Arjun, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for taking time to review Hotel Arjun, However We would like to inform you that you had booked the Standard room with fan through booking. com. The confirmation number of your booking is 541781474. You can check the pictures of our standard room on the booking.com website. We have not made them look Lucrative they are what they are. so the point of picutures not matching the actual room is totally exaggerated and we could have easily upgraded your room if you would have even once told the same thing at the reception.

And regarding the Hotel location, The hotel is located right in the Center of Delhi and within 2 mins walking distance from the Metro Station. You are most welcom to stay with us again however we would like to advise you please choose the room category carefuly and have the close look at the pictures displayed with each Category.

P.s Please print the pictures of the booked room category alongside with you. If on arrival you think that the displayed pictures doesnt match the actual room provided. We will provide 100% refund for that.

Looking forward for you memorable stay with.

Patna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

I stay here 3 night one day.i never feel comfotablity like this hotel.front dest manager is so helpfull always with smile.Also have so many facilities like tour travel in guest budget travel name is india budgut travel.i recommend to stay in this hotel when i will come delhi again..

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for staying at Hotel arjun New Delhi. We are glad for know that you had wonderful time with us. Thanks for using our travel Services.

We look forward for your next memorable stay with us.

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Lovely, clean room with fantastic, central location, free of noise! The staff were very helpful, allowing us to store our bags, organising our taxi to the airport and even allowing us to stay in the room till we had to leave for our 4am flight! A lovely bit of luxury for a great price and super fluffy pillows! I can definitely recommend. I will be back in Delhi in a few days and will be staying at Hotel Arjun for sure! Thank you for having me.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest

Thanks for staying at Hotel Arjun New Delhi, We are glad to hear your feedback. it is heartwarming to know that your found our accommodations up to your standard.

we are surely looking forward for your next stay with us