“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel City Star

You added Hotel City Star to your Saves list
Hotel City Star
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8718, D.B. Gupta Road | Paharganj, New Delhi 110055, India   |
Special Offer
Summer Special Offer
Ranked #13 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is a good choice. It is modern and close to Connaught Square. It is quite loud but interesting because of a very busy street. The rooms are well equiped with comfortable beds. The Wifi worked very well. There is a nice rooftop terrace. The breakfast consited mainly of indian food. There was only instant coffee. The restaurant food was okay, but took always a very long time.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in Feb. Apologize for my late review. This hotel is located in heart of city which you will be able to travel easily to any place by auto or cab. It takes 30min drive from airport to the hotel which will cost you not more then INR500. However, the hotel gives you free transportation (one way) if you book a room with them It is far more better on what appeared on tripadvisor due the following reasons.
The hotel was very clean & very good interior. The service of staff was prompt & they understood your needs.The overall staff was great, very friendly & helpful. Food in the roof top restaurant was normal and not bad. I will definitely come back if have a chance.

Room Tip: Room is small, but it has a good interior and clean bathroom which is very important i will say.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Badlapur, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

When I opted for this hotel through booking.com, I thought of the regular hotel which are there in Paharganj area with noise and dirty. But this hotel is extremely different than the other ones, which are present in this area.

A warm welcome on arrival, good and neat rooms and efficiant room service is one of the best imprtant factors of this hotel.

The food is also really good alongwith Breakfast.

I would certainly like to stay again here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

When i try to recall my stay in hotel city star first thing come to my mind is how can one guest have many issues .

This journey of disaster It all started with Airport pickup. When we reached airport at the meeting point we out found that no one is there for our pickup. We called hotel for our pickup but received bemusing response from them they informed me that they don't have any record regarding our airport pickup, But insisted if we come by cab they will pay back the money. All this when we booked three months in advance for our room and the airport pickup.

Any ways eventually we reached hotel but our misfortune was following us the rooms We booked were Twin room as we are two friends and needed 2 different beds but they told us they don't have the twin room available. As it was late at night we accepted a double room but the rooms shown to us initially were very small on 4th floor. On complaining they changed the room to a bigger one. They shouldn't have had such small rooms at first place. You couldn't even fit in the bathroom. So do check your rooms before checking in.

In the morning when i try to open the window i realized that window is fix and you can not get fresh air from it. Breakfast on rooftop restaurant was tasteless. This is amazing to see so many positive reviews about such a unmanaged property.

Next morning we had train to catch to go to visit agra/Tajmahal but The staff forgot to wake me up for early morning train at 5 am.

Room Tip: If you dont pay tip you can not accept services from waiters.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

Arrived in Delhi at mid night someone from this hotel fetch me in the airport. I was traveling alone and a woman. So I was bit worry since I read so many dodgy news about single woman in Delhi. i decided to stay there for one night at first just want to check. In the end I came back again for second time.
They have a good service and very helpful.
Will come back again :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

The hotel itself was lovely. As for the service, 2 members of staff used my details from check-in to add me on facebook and continually message me. One member of staff forced himself into my room to take a picture with me whilst attempting to kiss my cheek (all i wanted was room service). Laundry was lost, after 5 phone calls to get them to pick it up (slightly dodgy that it was my underwear that went missing). Do not stay here if you are a group of women or a woman travelling alone.

• Stayed June 2013
Hangzhou, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Perfect,price is very reasonable, good location, very clean... Everything is so perfect, especially for the friendly people Mr. Ajay who do help me a lot, thank you Ajay! Next time, I will definitely come back…

真是很好的酒店!超好!住了一定不会后悔!位置也好,价格也合理,非常干净,总之一切都非常满意,酒店人员也很友善,帮了很大的忙,非常感谢!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel City Star? Share your experiences!