“Day trips to Taj Mahal and Delhi” 5 of 5 stars

+91 78 38 323300
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: ZipTrips.in offers Hassle Free, All Inclusive One Day Private Tours all across India. Our base prices include all car and driver related expenses including - tolls, taxes, parking and driver charges. For additional charge, customers can add tour guides, entrance tickets or activity reservations. We are committed to making "Discovering India, Hassle Free."
Mars
6 attraction reviews
“Day trips to Taj Mahal and Delhi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

The trip was very well organized and the guides were very knowledgeable, had a great time seeing the Taj Mahal even thought it was raining. Exceeded my expectations, it was nice to have the travel company call personally to verify weverything was going as planned. Would use them again when I go back to India.

Minneapolis
“Somewhat Disorganized and Certainly Not 'Wallet-Free'”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My partner and I used Ziptrips for a short (three-night) visit to Delhi and Agra. We hired a driver and local guides.

Pros:
1) Online ordering is a cinch, and the chat feature with local staff is very helpful.

2) Spoke with staff on the phone before and during the trip, and they were informative.

3) Having the patience to handle driving in India qualifies one for sainthood. Our driver, Satpal, was more than qualified. I think he was the highlight of our trip.

4) The car was mechanically sound and roomy. Comfortable way to travel.

5) Our guide in Agra was well-informed, and did a nice job explaining the story behind the Taj Mahal. This was my second visit to Agra, and he managed to make the experience still feel brand new.

Cons:

1) Contrary to my specific request when ordering, our guides insisted on dragging us to stores where high-pressure salesmen tried to get us to buy low-quality, overpriced handicrafts.

2) Two of the sites we paid to visit we never got to see. We drove right by Sikandra on the way to Agra, but when we arrived in Agra our guide told us it would take too much time to drive all the way back to Sikandra. We also missed Fatehpur Sikri because of traffic delays. The first miss was completely avoidable by Ziptrips. The second one was just the vagaries of India. We still haven't been refunded the admission fees on either.

3) Our guide in Delhi was poor. He'd take us to the entrance of a site, give us a three-minute overview, and send us in with instructions to come find him in an hour.

4) The same guide in Delhi recommended we take a rickshaw to see Chandni Chowk. Cars can't drive in the area, and the rickshaw ride was a great experience. But he didn't tell us until we agreed to go on the ride that it would cost an additional 500 rupees. Converted to U.S. Dollars, it's not much money. But this is just one example of the many times we kept having to pay extra for entrances to monuments or other experiences. But Ziptrips told us the trip would be "wallet free." even though they were supposedly included in the cost of our package.

5) Because of the location of our hotel, the guide and driver agreed that we needn't use the expressway to get to Agra. The representative from Ziptrips said they'd refund us the added expressway cost we already paid. Three weeks later, I still haven't seen the refund in my bank account.

All told, Ziptrips barely met our expectations. Our driver and one of our guides were very good. The other guide . . . not so much. This coupled with the disorganization of the trip planning left us wanting more. I'd recommend checking some of the other service providers before settling on Ziptrips.

Visited February 2013
Navneet A, Owner at ZipTrips.in- Day Tours, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Dear Michael,

We apologize for not living up to your expectations. We are committed to making "Discovering India, Hassle Free". We've carefully looked into your order as well as your feedback.

We have issued a refund of Rs. 2560 (Rs. 300 for car charges to Sikandra fort, Rs. 900 for car charges to Fatehpur Sikri, Rs. 760 for Fatehpur Sikri entrance fees and Rs. 600 for Yamuna expressway.)

We work hard to deliver on our promise. Unfortunately, sometimes there are instances where we fail to deliver on our promise due to human factors involved. However, we want to do right by the customer in every instance. We will be carefully evaluating the conduct of the guide in this instance and terminate our relationship with them.

We stand for wallet free travel- but that is applicable to only those services that are directly bought from us (e.g. if you didn't buy the entrance tickets to a certain place from us, and if are going there, you will still need to pay for it directly at the venue).

Once again, I'm extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused and if we can do anything to make it right for you, please don't hesitate to give us a call.

Best regards,
Navneet
Chennai (Madras), India
“Sunder's Day trip to Agra”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The trip I had planned at the last minute as usual at the 11th hour and Zip Trip customer service was at its best in guiding me and assisting me plan for a day trip from Delhi to Agra. Special surprise was when they had compensated a tour guide for sending a non-English speaking driver was exquisite. I experienced a reliable partner in planning tours. They stand out from other competitors in the way they keep up to their words. Test of reliability was positive when they had refunded the money that I had paid for a trip to Fatehpur sikri. I simply rate them as the best by far in a 360 degree overall feedback. ZIP TRIP a trustworthy Tour Partner….

Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“Good but be cautious about 'extra' charges on the day”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We booked the a day trip going from Gurgaon to Agra. The booking process was simple and straightforward and the customer service was good. We booked an upgrade to the car and paid for an English speaking driver.

The driver turned up on time and was friendly enough, although the journey was a lot longer than expected (due to bad weather).

The main gripe I have with this service however is that when I booked it was specifically stated that all tolls, taxes and fees are included in the price. However on the day we had to pay a toll for 550 rupees and were left wondering what other tolls there would be to pay!

I brought this up with Ziptrips when they rang to check how the trip was going and the lady I spoke to basically said tolls are excluded (despite the fact the print out of my booking stating they are included...). Just be aware of this, especially if you have taken a limited amount of money out with you.

I would have otherwise rated Ziptrips as very good.

Visited January 2013
Navneet A, Owner at ZipTrips.in- Day Tours, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Georgina,

I'm so glad you had a great trip with us. However I'm extremely sorry that we disappointed you with extra charges for toll . We offer two kinds of products:

a. Car Tours - These are All Inclusive Trips where all tolls, taxes, parking, driver charges are all included. And I can assure you that for our these trips, there are no extra charges that you have to pay. Its our core product and our mission is to make "Discovering India, Hassle Free"

b. Outstation Taxi- The pricing for this product is Per KM and in this case, the customer is expected to pay per km charge for distance traveled. In addition to that customer is expected to pay all tolls, taxes, parking and driver allowances.

Unfortunately, in this case there might have been a confusion within our operational staff and the driver. And we are committed to doing it right by our customers always. We have refunded Rs. 550 that you had to pay for tolls.

Once again, we sincerely apologize for the issue and I can assure you we are committed to delivering Hassle Free All Inclusive Car Trips all across India.
Brisbane, Australia
“Strongly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Easily better and more convenient than a train. I would strongly recommend the tour guide. He saved us about 2-3 hours in queuing and also took us around agra. Give the English speaking driver a miss.... Overall we would have been lost if we took an alternate means of travel