“At Home at Grace Home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grace Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Grace Home
Ranked #9 of 838 New Delhi B&B and Inns
Belfast, Maine
“At Home at Grace Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The warmth and hospitality of the family and staff running Grace Home was a most welcome interlude in our travels in India. Traveling in India can seem rife with hassles and uncertainties and my family much appreciated the home cooked breakfasts (parathas, yogurt, fruit, and eggs and toast for our daughter, and one morning a delicious curry with poori), the conversations with Auntie Gee and Sanjeev (owners), and the kindness directed towards us from all. The common areas are commodious, the long views from the rooftop relaxing, and the proximity to the metro couldn't be better. Dining options tend toward Western chains at the nearby shopping complex but the sense of peace in the neighborhood more than compensates for the lack of quality restaurants. Grace Home is not selling luxury accommodation (our room surely wasn't fancy in any way) but an oasis of calm, security and care far from home--qualities in the end that have more enduring value. We would recommend this guest house to weary travelers the world over and hope to return ourselves someday.

sanjeev n, Owner at Grace Home, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
thanks for taking time to write so caringly a review --- you are absolutely right ... at Grace Home we try our best to bring the Indian traditional family warmth & not plush rooms ... we are eaually blessed to have the honor & opportunity to host "guests" with equal warmth from their culture !

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Greek first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Maybe we were just exhausted after several weeks, but Grace Home was nothing special. I don't have any deal-breaking criticisms--the TV volume control didn't work, so I was uncomfortable watching the news after dinner; we lost water on our second morning, so we couldn't properly wash up; the accommodations were acceptable, but nothing more; and the elderly woman who was running the Home had some memory lapses that were frustrating, but not disastrous. We found the location to be convenient and the people to be friendly, if not helpful.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
sanjeev n, Owner at Grace Home, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
It was equally rewarding for us to experience & learn from good people like you ... different nationalities / cultures each with their own beauties & nice things -- lets Celebrate life with this mutually rewarding experience !
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife, daughter and I enjoyed our stay at Grace Home, thanks mainly to the very warm and friendly hosts, Sanjeev Nagpal and his mother, Pritam. They treated us as family members and introduced us to other interesting guests, all of which broadened our horizons. Location of the guesthouse is ideal, 3 minutes walk to the nearest metro station, Saket, and the same distance to PVR Complex a small shopping area. The bigger malls are less than 10 min away by tuk-tuk.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are more 'modern'.
sanjeev n, Owner at Grace Home, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thankyou for the gracious words -- the world becomes equally beautiful for us too by experiencing & learning from good friends ( Not Guests) like you !
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Staying at Grace Home was one of our best decisions we made while in Delhi. we stayed at another hotel for a few days when arriving to delhi and it was not even nearly as enjoyable as staying at grace home. Sanjeev and his mom were so kind and helpfull, we stayed here for 3 weeks and whatever need we may have had they would take care of us. We made good friends with them and we will recommend this place to friends and family that will be traveling to delhi. They have a kitchen and a family/sun room on each floor which is so nice to just sit in and enjoy a beverage. I would enjoy my breakfast on the balcony, eventhough they provide good breakfast on the ground floor, I just enjoyed watching people. I also loved where it is located, it's located in a great neighborhood with a shopping area near by(walking distance), metro station, it feels safe and not crowded

Room Tip: If you are elderly I can imagine the stairs would be an issue. the rooms are on the third and fourth...
sanjeev n, Owner at Grace Home, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thankyou for your kind words -- it was equally rewarding for us to get know good people like you !
Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This is a lovely B&B in the suburbs of Delhi.

Room- The room is very nice and clean. The shower has lovely hot water and the Internet is very fast. There is a nice common area and kitchen. I also always appreciated the filtered water. The only negative thing I can say about the room is that there was only one very small window that was into an inner vent and thus it had a closed in feel and that there are a lot of stairs as the rooms are on the third and forth flood.

Service- Upon arrival I was greeted with tea and shown my room. They invited me to spend Holi with them, which was very gracious. I unfortunately could not as I had a flight. I found out after I arrived that since it was Holi the subways where closed and so they also helped me book a cab to the airport which was helpful as I was suddenly concerned about how I was going to get there. (FYI: I did not mean to book a flight on Holi). Breakfast was pleasant and they sit with you which not all hosts at B&B do and is a warm touch. They do pressure you into leaving a tip for there maids which I am not against. I just think it weird to mention it.

Location- The location is in a nice upper class neighborhood in Delhi. It is about 40 minutes to get to the New Delhi by metro. This is fine if you are going out once in the morning and coming back once at night. Since it is a well to do residential area, it is pleasant to just walk around and have nobody bothers you like can happen in more touristy areas.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
sanjeev n, Owner at Grace Home, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thankyou for those glowing words -- in our operations we always see it as a honored opportunity to meet good people from the Globe & Celebrate life/ humanity
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We would like to underline the friendly attitude and hospitality of the owners Mr. Sanjeev S.Nagpal and his Mom. They made their best to be helpful and facilitate our stay in the capital of India. The conditions in the Grace Home were favourable, the room was adequately spacious and breakfast were prepared to our taste. There was only a short walk to the nearest underground station Saket and to the trade center with shops and restaurants. We made friends and really enjoyed this stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
sanjeev n, Owner at Grace Home, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thankyou -- it was opportunity for us aswell to have wonderful people like you & learn about your rich culture of Poland :))
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

After travelling for 4 months, my husband and I can say, without hesitation, that this was our most wonderful stay! This may call itself a guest house, but really it's an extended family you haven't met yet who invite you into their home.
Sanjeev and his mother, Mrs. Nagpal, are extremely welcoming and provide a wonderful place to stay. There is a kitchen with fresh filtered water for guests and beer for purchase, a relaxing sun room, and a roof top patio for guests to enjoy. The rooms are spotless, there are built-in storage units with locks, a small desk, and television. It's definitely well-priced for all of the facilities.
In the morning, you can have a 'western' or 'traditional' breakfast. We had both and they were excellent. You can also request for bedtime tea! You never have to worry about going hungry, because like all families, they make sure you eat well. ;)
Another great feature of this guest house is its location. It's only a five minute walk away to the Delhi Metro (which is quite clean and efficient). There is a little mall complex (PVR) with banks, a movie theatre, and restaurants. Also, being a quiet gated community, you can feel safe where you are staying. There are so many places to see in Delhi, one of them is the Qutab Minar which is a 20 minute walk away or 5 minutes by tuk tuk. It's also a 20 minute subway to Connaught place and some of the other tourist spots.
I would not hesitate to recommend this play to anyone. In fact, I have referred 3 couples I have met so far! Sanjeev, Mrs. Nagpal, and "the girls" are absolutely the most lovely human beings you could ever meet. Don't just go for the facilities, go for the people and enjoy your time in Delhi!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grace Home? Share your experiences!