“Budget-minded retreat in a very busy city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of bloomrooms @ Link Rd

Save Saved
You added bloomrooms @ Link Rd to your Saves list
bloomrooms @ Link Rd
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Link Rd | Jangpura Extension, New Delhi 110014, India (Formerly bloomrooms - Link Rd)   |
Ranked #4 of 592 hotels in New Delhi
Melbourne, Australia
“Budget-minded retreat in a very busy city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Last week I sent a review about this hotel and somewhere it seems to have got lost. I really can't remember the superlatives which I used at the time but I'll try to recreate the vibe.
We had a great time here and we stayed for 2 days. We - and I seriously mean this - almost cancelled the Leela Palace to come back here. However, it was too late to do so.
The hotel has everything you need - except a laundry: we spoke with one of the Bloom Rooms management team members whom we met at the Amici Cafe and he said they had attempted to sort something out and were now rethinking strategies....Not to worry - plenty of room in the bathroom to wash light stuff and hang it up. We stayed in a twin bed room each having its own reading light. There was also fantastic 'never let you down' wifi. We were on the second floor which was a bit of a way with baggage but the staff helped us - up and down when we left. The bathroom has a great shower. There is no hair-dryer but I think you might get one if you ask - I brought my own. The beds are very comfortable. People have complained about the window looking into the bathroom but don't mention that there is a blind which you can pull down and give all the privacy you need. I think the window was set up in order to achieve more light - as there is only a small window in the bathroom and none in the bedroom. Each morning, on the landing there are tea and coffee making facilities (Twinings Tea!!). The cafe is quite good - but a little 'same-old'. There is a breakfast buffet - cereals and juices and toast and yogurt and they will also cook you an omlette. I think it was about $4.50 (that's Australian $). It set us up anyway. In the evening we had focacia. (I reluctantly have to agree that the staff do seem a little strange - as other members have previously mentioned). The club lounge upstairs is lovely - books to swap, lots of games and two computers. Reception has loads of little pocket-able maps of the Delhi and the metro - very handy and if you fancy a change there is a free bus to several sites. You really couldn't ask for much more - it's all been very thought-out. I would recommend that if you do want to purchase beer (the staff will tell you where the local wine/beer shop is) and you go at night that you take a torch with you as the pavements are pretty useless in some areas. Before you go here, however, I suggest that you take a good look at where this hotel is - it's not easy to find and our driver lost his way but the staff were very good in redirecting him.

Room Tip: If you want to be closer to Delhi (but who does???) Then the company have just opened a new hotel at...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at Bloomrooms on my first trip to India and was very pleased with the hotel. I felt very safe and the rooms were spacious and clean. It is less than a five minute walk to the Jangpura metro stop. The metro was a great way to get around Delhi and I felt very safe using it (even as a young twenty year old with my teenager brother). The hotel staff was very helpful and gave us great advice on how to get around the city. The cafe was a little expensive (for India standards), but the breakfast was good. They provide free drinking water which is a very nice addition. We also did the pick-up from the airport which was good as well. I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A very welcomed experience at Bloomrooms after staying in some absolutely shocking accomodation during my trip throughout India. The staff were super friendly and helpful and the cafe was perfect for breakfast or a snack. This hotel is ideal for anyone visiting Delhi whether its business or pleasure.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I am giving this property a 5 stars but I am also highlighting 2-3 points. I would not have had I met the manager who was just not around. So here it goes -

I have been in quite a few hotels around the world and I write reviews only about those that I feel should get a special mention or something that helps other guests.

I also belong ( part time ) to the hospitality industry and run a small B&B on the side so I am not easily troubled or pleased by minor problems.

This hotel seemed a true gem in a tough city when I was booking it online. The only time I stay in a hotel in Delhi is when I am with someone and its usually only for a few hours at night to sleep. We leave first thing in the morning so its more of a business trip.

I booked 2 standard rooms x 2 nights and paid in advance. Although we were single guests in single rooms I went to their website and booked 2 standard rooms ( thinking it was standard bed ) BUT when I checked in I was surprised to see a single bed in an extremely small room. The other guest had a room with an open toilet inside the room which is a bit of a shocker since we all expect doors ( well if we are not in tokyo that is ! ).

I showed my dissatisfaction as to wanting a normal room and the reply I got was it was this room for single travelers. I said what about the compact rooms and they said that was even smaller than this !! They were incorrect as later on another visit I got a compact room and it was the same ! The only difference was that now one room got a doored bathroom and one did not ( Vice versa before ) so it was all hogwash. They probably give single people the tiniest rooms irrespective of what you book.

A Piece of advise to the management - when 80% of your hotel is empty and you see a single traveler try giving them a normal ( large bedded room ) as a free upgrade. It will cost you nothing but its what most hotels do - its not costing you anything more !! It will certainly earn you brownie points.

I had to cancel 1 night and I wanted a refund to which they blatantly refused however on a lot of persuasion I was told that they were willing to reimburse me in the form of rooms at another date and I was booking another 2 rooms later but they will not give me the standard room but compact room. I was fine with it since I was happy my money was not going to a waste. I am thankful to the hotel BUT I am surprised I wanted to see the manager but he was never around on either of my visits. I'd love to have met him. Since I wanted to speak to him.

The first time I had a horrible time sleeping and I could hear the underground metro till 11 AM it was annoying since I hit the bed around 9:30 PM. This was the ground floor right next to the water cooler. Bad nights sleep. However the shower was amazing and very nice.

The second time they gave me a room on the first floor and I slept like a baby. Absolutely wonderful ! The shower was great and no problems. Except this time the shower and basin were right next to the bed, I found that odd but I suppose single people have no complaints.

I had just bought a new expensive car ( 3 days old ) and they were happy to let me park inside BUT I am doubtful as to where one would park in peak season since you can get barely 3 cars inside. Not many people will bring their cars as 90% of their guests will be foreigners using taxis etc.

Amici cafe is great - they have excellent breakfast and beverages and very clean and top quality. However I woke up and asked what time they open and the reception guy said 6:30, and even at 7:30 the cafe did not have anything ready except tea and coffee. They can do with some smarter lads in the cafe and less lazier since they guy was present but he just would not bother being fast.

Its a great place for foreign travelers and I can see why these guys are in the top 3 always out of 500 hotels. They deserve to be since most people here are helpful and smiling. No one here is out to con you. Its clean, safe and comfortable and I would say in a way pretty cheap considering some places in delhi cost twice as much and dont deliver anything clean or safe.

Indian travelers - this is not the place for families or someone who expects room service etc.

I would never stay with my family here but only because it is just not a place for families. Couples and travelers and business travelers will love this place.

The wifi is great. The location is spot on although a bit 3-4 minutes away from the metro station.

Overall superbly recommended place but not for families.

Room Tip: If you are sleeping in the day never take the ground floor. There is a slight vibration and noise fr...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Hi varunkochar,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review, it's much appreciated.

We really appreciate your feedback and your valuable insights - it's great to see overall you enjoyed your experience at bloomrooms.

In terms of the room sizes and types, our Compact Rooms are generally smaller than our Standard Rooms, however you will find if you move from a Standard Single Room to a Compact Queen Room the sizes will not be that different and neither will the prices. We also have a couple of different bathroom designs, which is why you saw a variation here.

Our Cancellation Policy tries to be as fair as possible, giving a full refund up to 48 hours prior to arrival. We do not however generally support last minute cancellations but in your case we are pleased to see an amicable solution was found.

We hope to see you back at bloomrooms very soon!

Gandhinagar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Rather than a review this is a self assessment of the property and some details of the experiences I had over there. As a tripadvisor user I see review for two things, pros and cons so getting direct to the point. Cons have larger sentences as they also entail experiences. While reading give more weightage to the pros as they are actually small lines but have a greater priority. Cons here are rather to bring to the notice the faults (as I see) of the managers to benefits for the system and for the reader to take an informed decision.

The good ones first
1. Good Cafe for breakfast only - Great waffles and Idli.
2. Very Very clean (So much cleanliness is a rarity)
3. Very supportive Staff
4. All good material used like Daikin Ac, Samsung LCD TV's, bath fittings etc.
5. Great water force, rain shower and wash basin etc.
6. Great Wifi connection
7. Very good location - Right in front of metro station.
8. 3-4 restaurant menus available for parcel food and they allow to eat in their cafe.
9. Small but cute lounge.
10. Easy transport availability

The bad ones are higher in number and here they are
1. By no means cheap as a "room standard queen" which would barely adjust 2 people costs Rs 3160 for a day with tax. So not a less amount for so small a room. Many available in the vicinity with the same rates and far larger size.
2. All things are foreigner centric. Too bad for Indian Traveller. Its like giving us a feeling that we dont exist. The manager over there comes and personally asks you many times how was your stay etc but that feeling does not flow down the line. Just to make this point a small example. I asked in the AMICI Cafe at hotel if the food is fresh. The answer they gave is "forener khate hai to phir aapna to kya hai" "Foreigner eats this so than what about us". Very Very surprising!!!!!!
3. Too low toilet seat and very small toilet w/c fitting for some height guy or heavy person.
4. Shuttle service as offered in the website takes you to only 4 places and that too at predefined times only.
5. Free mineral water does not have normal temperature water its either cold or surprisingly. very hot.
6. No mat on floor outside bathroom. If you shower and come out the entire room ha to get wet with wet feet.
7. The position of the shower makes it impossible for a kid to stay if he is over 5-6 years as shower area is open and visible during bathing and with kids it might get difficult to shower. This is about the standard queen room.
8. Does not allow late check out. I was to take a cab at 2.00 pm and I was checked out at 11.00 with an silly excuse that a guest want to have your room only when about 70% of hotel was empty. I think its hotel policy probably so cannot blame them but when I left at 2.15 pm my room was still empty :) Also foreigners are allowed late check outs as I saw it live.
9. Do not take a Taxi from their sources. I was to go to Saket from that place and I asked the reception to order a Meru or Easycab and he asked take the local Taxi as it would charge the same. I was given a rate of Rs 500 so I refused and told to order Easycab and reached Saket for Rs. 227 only. Less than half their quoted rate!!!!!

Conclusion: Suitable for a single business traveler only with no-frills self service type hotel and not for family surely. They do not even advertise for family. Not cheap at all and at their rate they do give good service and material use in rooms.

Room Tip: Take first floor rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hi Kinnar J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review, it's really appreciated.

We're glad you enjoyed your experience at bloomrooms overall, although we see there is plenty of room for improvement based on your feedback.

In terms of our rates, we are not cheap because we do not offer a cheap product. For example, our cloudbeds™ are designed like a 5* bed and our award winning Grohe rain showers provide an excellent shower experience as you have already mentioned. We do our best to keep rates as low as possible and try to consistently provide our guests with maximum value for money - for example, we offer free mineral water and free high speed wireless internet.

We assure you that bloomrooms is very much a global product built for all nationalities, especially Indian travellers. It may appear to be foreign centric due to its design being different to what exists currently in the local market but it is very much built for the new age Indian traveller as much as anyone else.

We checked with hotel management regarding your check-out and we were told that you had requested a late check-out at 12:30, which was granted as it's our policy to allow late check-out or early check-ins where at all possible. We apologise if somewhere there was a breakdown in communication and you were not able to check-out late as desired.

Regarding the taxi services offered by the hotel, we do not make commission from booking these cabs and have no incentive to offer guests a higher rate that necessary. We will always encourage guests to book themselves an Easy or Meru Taxi, however in peak times they are sometimes not available, in which case we will offer the local Taxi service over which we do not control rates.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Siliguri, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was here for two nights in a 'Standard' room and really loved the concept that they have come up with. This sort of a no-frills hotel is perfect for someone on business or work and on a tight budget, yet wants to have a trendy and modern room just to sleep for the night.

Their ultimate bonus is their attitude towards being technologically and so you get free Hi-speed Wifi (yea it actually is good enough), seamlessly printing of documents in the lobby, and multiple power sockets in the rooms. Some things a person of this era needs a lot.

Their Amicii Cafe has some of the best sandwiches I've ever had, and their coffee is good too. Otherwise don't expect to get a heavy meal available there. Also I was disappointment with the Rs300/- breakfast that had no meat options, just some breads, egg and milk. So yes breakfast buffet was a letdown for that price.

However there is one hugely important thing missing in your rooms. Managers if you are hearing this, you gotta have hooks for hanging clothes and stuff, which is totally missing. Having that, or a small wardrobe for that matter, won't cost you anything yet help your guests a lot. I had to leave my used clothes lying all around the room.

Room Tip: Rooms 5,6,7,8 I think all these are just next to the lobby. I was in #6 and much of lobby noise, peo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hi Haldar,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, it's really appreciated.

We are of course very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at bloomrooms and enjoyed our concept. It's also good to hear you enjoyed the sandwiches at Amici Cafe. If you stay with us next time don't forget to try the pizzas and pastas, which are also now available.

We are always listening to our guest feedback and take it very seriously. In terms of hangers in the room we hope you located the 5 hangers we keep on the wardrobe unit and we usually have hooks on the back of our doors to assist with hanging other items. We do however understand that more hanging space may be required and are currently exploring options to offer this to all our guests, so thank you for bringing it to our attention.

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I would have rated this hotel higher. But after booking airport pickup service we stepped outside to find no one there. Being that it was our first trip to india we where overwhelmed with all the people coming up to us outside the airport. Finally we called the hotel who told us we didnt book it. But after taking a taxi there we showed them our email Confirmation. So they gave us free breakfast in the morning. It was a nice gesture. But it could not make up for the bad airport experience. The rooms are small and minimal which is fine. But no refrigerator. And the tv is on the left wall which you cant see good when laying in the bed.
The bed was the most comfortable one during our travels which is a big plus. The staff in the cafe are not very friendly. Also, when checking in they didnt have change and said they would give me later. Which upon checkout they never did. Of course it is partly my fault but at the time I forgot. Only 150 rupees but its the point. Not the money.This Iis a good budget 3 star hotel and despite my experience I would still recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hi djrealone,

Thank your for sharing your feedback, it's really appreciated.

We are so sorry you had to experience these two negative events during your stay at bloomrooms, both instances are completely unacceptable.

There is nothing worse than arriving in an unknown country and not having the airport pick-up you had rightfully booked waiting for you. We know you had made the booking and it was human error that resulted in your airport pick-up not being registered in the system.

As for the cash change you were owed this is not your fault at all, it is our responsibility to ensure you get the money you are owed. We don't normally take cash payments at the front desk and thus in this instance we didn't have the correct change. However, it is the responsibility of our staff to register the monies owed and make sure they are returned as soon as possible.

In this case there was no note made of the monies owed and therefore it was near impossible for our other staff to have known about it. Please be assured we are speaking with the staff member who took your payment and will be recovering the monies which of course we would like to return to you and we'll contact you directly for this.

Once again, we are so sorry your stay at bloomrooms was not how it should have been and we are very disappointed that we could not give you the high level of satisfaction we strive to give all our guests. We hope we get the chance to make it up to you in the near future.

The Team

Been to bloomrooms @ Link Rd? Share your experiences!