“What a disappointing stay in New Delhi!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of bloomrooms @ Link Rd

Save Saved
You added bloomrooms @ Link Rd to your Saves list
bloomrooms @ Link Rd
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Link Rd | Jangpura Extension, New Delhi 110014, India (Formerly bloomrooms - Link Rd)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
“What a disappointing stay in New Delhi!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've booked two rooms by booking.com from 10-12 Feb, 2013. When I checked-in the room that found a mistake I made. I would flight to Shanghai at 3AM on 12 Feb and no need to book two nights at hotel. I wrote email to the agency to cancel one night room stay but received an email said hotel rejected my request. I checked with their duty manager but still received the bad news. He told me that when the guest check in the rooms that means can not change the reservation, if you want to change or cancel should 48 hrs upon check-in. Obviously, I only filled out the register form and signed, but nobody and black & white showed the change and cancellation policy. As a tourist, I was very unsatisfied and disappointed with solution way of the hotel management.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi hzpsh1103,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it's much appreciated.

We are very disappointed to hear your experience at bloomrooms was not as it should have been. When you make a booking through a third party site, such as booking.com, it is their cancellation policy to which you are bound - not our own policy. In your instance we did not receive any contact from booking.com relating to your cancellation request, so we will follow up with them to find out why this happened.

If you book direct with the hotel it is much easier for us to manage last minute changes to itineraries, otherwise it becomes very difficult when we have to consult a third party booking site.

511 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Vadodara, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Choose this hotel after reading other reviews, stayed here for 3 nights during business trip to Delhi in Jan. 2013. Bit of a struggle to find once you get out of the Metro. The hotel is NO FRILLS, but nice and clean, yep with Free WiFi, may not be suitable for all Indian travelers this depends on your taste and liking. The B/F is purely continental without any Indian dishes to offer and pay Rs.340/= (including tax) during my B/F could see fellow Indians not very comfortable with the price and what was on offer. The B/F was just fine for me, eggs, waffles, coffee, cereals, bread and fresh fruits, the juices were not fresh the canned variety. Overall a nice experience a comfortable place to crash after a day of meetings, did not eat dinner or lunch you have the cafe with its limited choice. Mind you the rooms are small a Single bed room width is the single bed + add a door to side of bed, not the standard double room with single bed charge. This is a bit of a disappointment as you don't want to stay in the room for long.

Room Tip: Be careful the rooms are small but neat and clean see single room size in the review.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Anish,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it's really appreciated.

It sounds like you missed our Idlis and Sambar at breakfast. You can order them at the same place you order your eggs & waffles. We hope you get a chance to try them next time you're in Delhi.

If you found the Standard Single Room a little small we'd suggest you try our Standard Queen Room next time, this comes with a bigger bed and more space.

We look forward to seeing you again at bloomrooms soon!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I came to stay in Delhi for a week on route to Australia in December 2012. It was my first time in Delhi and I wanted to find a hotel that had some wesern style comforts in the midst of what I expected to be a very busy and noisy city.

Bloomrooms turned out to be exactly what I wanted, it was clean, safe and my room was quiet and all the mod cons you would expect, air conditioning, satalite TV, modern shower and toilet etc. My room looked exactly as it did on the photographs. The breakfast was very good, I would have a bowl of cereal, toast and an egg each morning before going off to explore the city. Another thing I liked was the drinking water dispensers which were situated on each floor of the building, I would fill my bottle up many times a day from here and felt safe knowing this water was clean unlike other "drinking water" in Delhi.

Moreover, the staff were very helpful and the maps and information in and around the hotel came in handy as did the free shuttle bus. During my time in Delhi I went and looked at other hotels that I had considered booking before finding bloomrooms and I was glad with the decision I had made. Bloomrooms is a cut above the rest in the same price range.

If I go back to Delhi, and I do plan to, I will be stopping here without question. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Ventura, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I loved staying here. Its just what they advertise. The room was spotless, and the bed was very comfortable. In fact, during my whole trip, this was the ONLY place that actually had a one piece mattress. All the other places give you a "king" that is actually two twins pushed together. Then you get that uncomfortable middle thing. Bloomrooms was an actual, real mattress! The staff was very nice and efficient.

I only have two things to say in warning. The first is that the from desk can be a bit noisy. I was in room 007, and that is right at the beginning of the hall. There was a bit of noise from the desk. Try to get something farther down the hall. The second warning is that this place is completely western. This may not actually be a warning, but a tip, I guess. If you are looking for something authentic, this is not it. However, if you want a little slice of home in the middle of your India vacation, this is your place!

Bathroom was clean, with good, consistently hot water. Free wifi that works. And a very reasonable price!

Room Tip: Rooms near the front desk can be noisy. Choose something farther down the hall, or on an upper floor...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

No apologies to be frank in my wording - if you like Western style creature comforts and cleanliness when in developing countries, then places like Bloomrooms is the way forward.

Clean modern rooms - wooden floors, proper mattress beds and pillows, multimedia flatscreen TV, rainshowers and non-tasting water (happy to use to brush my teeth). They have no right to charge so little for this. I paid Rs 2300 (around £28 GBP) for my single room for one night with breakfast. Best night's sleep I had in India with no outside noise whatsoever.

I even used their hotel driver to pick up from New Delhi railway station to the hotel late at night - he was there on the platform outside my carriage with bright yellow nameboard - charged extra for this but well worth the peace of mind if you imagine a chaotic, frantic place like the station.

Breakfast was a simple contintental affair at the onsite cafe Amici, with additional hot items available at extra charge, this place looks/feels like a Roman cafe. Great choice of teas and machine made coffee.

All in all a great experience and great location. I am so happy knowing I no longer need to go five star when in Delhi.

Room Tip: No lifts/elevator so request ground floor if mobility is an issue. Conversely check-in is on ground...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is a brilliant hotel that delivers what it promises! The room is just perfect for the tired traveller with the most relaxing mattress, an excellent shower, cool TV with hundreds of channels, free Wi-Fi, knowledgeable and amazingly helpful staff, free mineral water and good ambience. It is exactly what you need after a long and tiring day in busy Delhi! Sometimes even walking in Delhi can be overwhelming and this hotel helps you escape from that and relax. The staff is just amazing and they go out of their way to help you. The whole property has a hostel feeling and there is even a common room with a computer, books and TV to relax and meet other travellers. The small cafe inside the hotel provides breakfast, which saved me many times from the trouble of finding a place to eat in the morning.

The metro is only five minutes away and you are only a few stops away from most sights. Although you have to go through a run-down area for a hundred meters in order to reach the metro station you have nothing to be scared of as it is a very safe neighbourhood. Actually a friend of mine, who lives in Delhi, told me that the area is considered very good. The only thing I would avoid is to order food from the takeaways in the area. They gave me a Delhi belly.Apart from that everywhere I ate in North India I had no problem with the food.

Overall,I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!This is a highly professional hotel, who respects the customer and knows exactly what to provide!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
bloomrooms, Guest Relations Manager at bloomrooms @ Link Rd, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hi Apo T,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at bloomrooms, really nice to hear such positive feedback. Sorry to hear though about your unfortunate case of Delhi Belly, it's never a fun occasion!

The Amici Cafe at the hotel now provides a selection of pizzas and pastas, so no need to order out anymore - you can eat great tasting food provided at hotel.

We look forward to having you back at bloomrooms again soon!

Doha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Bloomrooms is absolutely fantastic. Spotlessly clean, comfortable bed, excellent staff, and a hot shower. Room was serviced daily and the towels were white and fluffy. There was a Reverse cycle air conditioner which was welcome during the Delhi winter.

There is a small café on site for breakfast and snacks and if you like they will order more substantial meals from a nearby restaurant if you don't feel like walking the 10 minutes to local restaurants.

The hotel is close to a metro station and there is an hourly shuttle if you don't feel like walking the little distance. We heard absolutely no street sounds - heaven.

We loved Bloomrooms, and would welcome an oasis such as this in any country or city we visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to bloomrooms @ Link Rd? Share your experiences!