“Simply superb” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Airport Hotel Grand

You added Airport Hotel Grand to your Saves list
Airport Hotel Grand
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Old Gurgaon Road, Kapashera, New Delhi 110037, India (Formerly Airport Hotel Grand Sarwan)   |
Ranked #540 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Best stay experience I ever had..which consist of sweet memories..We got complimentary things as well which shows how dedicated these are to make the guest satisfied. .great value for money so highly recommended....

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangalore, India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A terrible experience in delhi and specially at high cost
Bad things
------------
- uncourteous, unhelpful front desk staff
- Mosquitoes and cockroaches in room
- Worst part the AC not working and we had to fight badly to get our room changed to one with little better AC ( and I really mean just little better AC)
- Poor locality although plus point is that its very near airport ( just adjacent to runway boundry wall)
- Overall a good property with bad management and maintenance. Give it a skip specially you can get ginger and lenon tree at same price which are much much better

Room Tip: any room with working AC :P ....sorry for sarcasm but just cant help it.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2015

I stayed with my husband at the Grand for two periods: 2 days during a holiday, and 1 night before catching a plane at the International Airport, Delhi.
The Grand is spacious, well decorated, and very clean. It would appear to be mainly used by air travellers, business meetings, and functions such as conferences and weddings.
Our welcome was businesslike, and the room was comfortable, although the modern design was a little strange, e.g. a large sliding door which either covered the toilet, or the wardrobe space. So for two people sharing, some negotiation was required with respect to access/privacy in those two areas.
We used the 24-hour restaurant for two meals as well as breakfasts, and the food was excellent, especially the buffet when available, although service could be a little slow. We also had a meal with friends in the Italian restaurant, and enjoyed an excellent meal.
We had a couple of nights away between our two stays, and the hotel was very helpful in storing our large suitcases for us during that time.
We had to leave the hotel very early in the morning to catch a plane, and they undertook to send us a light breakfast in our room. This did not materialise however, and when we checked out we were handed a bag with a picnic breakfast in it. This was disappointing. Some of the staff were less cued-in to personal service than the management would have liked, and we were offered profuse apologies by the management. On the whole though, we came away with good impressions of the hotel, and would probably stay there again if we were looking for somewhere close to Delhi airport.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here recently during my official travel to delhi..an amazing place near to airport staff was very courteous n helpful..rooms are cosy n very neat n clean wid all modern amenities n comfortable n memorable stay overall..recommond it for my next travel again

• Stayed February 2015
Gwalior, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2015

Perfect blend of hospitality, an amazing place with such all the standard amenities and perfct services , which is unexpected in such star property with in very less budget, but its true, i enjoyed my stay here and also suggest others to stay..Thanks Hotel Airport Grand for making me feel so good during my stay !!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Tortona, Italy
1,744 reviews 1,744 reviews
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015

I had already written and published a review of this hotel months ago, but magically my review disappeared.
I summarize in broad terms, it is one of the worst hotel I have ever stayed where the pictures misleading but those that I have took and published can not be hidden.
We arrived at the hotel using the private shuttle service, after about 30 minutes journey we arrived at the hotel, dirty structure already at first sight.
We were assigned the room, it was also dirty and with dirty linens in my opinion, I've seen some bugs everywhere alive and some dead, I went to complain to the front desk and we were given a new room, this time again the room appeared dirty and even above I saw a snot stuck up to the bed, another complain, I was assigned to the third room, this was a bit 'more decent than the other two but still nasty.
The next morning I woke up already in a foul mood, I went to the breakfast room, a large empty room with a table, on it only 5 or 6 containers with inside typical Indian soups, that's supposed to be breakfast! I want to vomit already in the early morning just to smell it, so I did not eat anything.
If you want to listen to the advice of people like me without much expectation that I used to sleep almost anywhere, I will not recommend this place EVER!!! because it moves away from what can be the meaning of the hotel, this is not a hotel but a dive.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2015

So I had booked this place since it was supposed to be a four stars hotel close to the airport. I never believed that It actually should be four stars, but I didn't expect it to be this bad. I figured that me and my girlfriend could need some rest after a long journey before going back to Sweden.

What happened is:
- The reception area looks like an ongoing building project.
- We only got one towel, which was old and worn. When we asked for another one they told us that it should take 20 minutes because "we have to clean one".
- There was no hot water upon arrival and after I mentioned it they told me it should take maximum 25 minutes. After one hour we left the hotel to see the city.
- The room was very cold and when I asked for a heater they told me that they could provide one later in the evening.
- When we got back there was another manager who was not aware of my requests, getting a heater and another towel. So I had to ask for everything again, twice.
- I tried to order food from the menu but they didn't have anything.
- On hotels.com we were promised: city view, multicuisine restaurant, minibar, bathrobe and wifi in all rooms. We had none of these. (The view is overlooking the busy street... I don't know if this noisy small street can be considered city view.)
- When I argued with the manager about this he was very reluctant to do anything, telling me that "you already have a discount".
- Finally I got the heater in the very cold room, it was just a table heater for temporary and zonal usage.
- The place should not be called an airport hotel since it takes 30 minutes to get there (due traffic). Stay close to Aerocity or in the neighbourhood instead if you consider this place.

I normally don't complain and I would very seldom check into a "four stars hotel", but this time I am just too angry at this place to even say more. It was nothing that was promised. The only good thing is the bed, which is comfortable.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Airport Hotel Grand? Share your experiences!