“Super Stay !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 599 Hotels in New Delhi
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Super Stay !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Easily, the best part of my trip to Delhi was staying at Manor. Was there for some quick work and my girlfriend made me stay there. We booked their Manor suite. Great place....Great staff. Their restaurant, Indian accent, was a great find, don't know why i have never been there before. Staff at the front office was extremely courteous. Their general manager, Mr Aziz Shafi, went out of his way to insure that our stay was nothing less than perfect. A big thank you to the entire team.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, June 30, 2014

Thank you for taking time out to review The Manor.

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed dining at our restaurant ‘Indian Accent’.

Appreciation from our guests makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction and delight.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I called to make a reservation at about 10:50 pm Indian time. A Mr Anubhav/ Abhinav mumbled that he could not hear me and hung up. Twice. The second time, saying "thank you for calling back, I cannot hear you," slam.
We travel globally and have never experienced such atrocious attitude and appalling service. I can understand if he could not hear me BUT I would have expected something like "I am sorry I cannot hear you; can you please call back." For the record, he could hear me perfectly when I called a third time and asked to speak with a manager. Mr. Bijoy, if you are reading this, apparently your staffer has selective hearing. If this is indicative of the level of service, I am truly disappointed.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, June 20, 2014

Namaste!

Thank you for posting your review. At the outset, please accept our profuse apologies for the inconvenience caused.

After receiving your feedback, the matter was discussed with our General Manager –The Manor, who has personally investigated this.

We would like to mention we were facing some technical issue with the telephone line due to which your voice was not clear to the staff attending the call. In such instance, we follow a standard process of repeating the introduction phrase thrice before informing the caller that the line is not clear with a request to call us back before disconnecting the call. We have also conducted a quality check and found that the concerned staff has followed the correct telephone handling procedure. However, we have instructed our Training Department to ensure that all staff undergo a refresher course in telephone handling.

Guest satisfaction is of utmost importance to us and we sincerely regret this atypical experience. Your feedback has been taken up with our Chief Engineer and we would like to assure you that a necessary corrective action has been taken to rectify the issue regarding the telephone line.

Once please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and we do hope that this particular experience will not deter you from patronizing The Manor in the future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had the opportunity to experience a spa treatment at the newly opened Zehen at the Manor hotel in New Delhi. When you thought they could not do any better they top it off with this amazing spa - actually I would call it a destination. They actually take the time to understand your lifestyle and even though I did not have a lot of time - tailored the treatment just to me.

I believe that folks can now join on a membership basis which is really amazing!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I stayed in this lovely hotel with a friend for 2 nights. The staff was very helpful, professional and made sure that our stay would exceed our expectations and it certainly did. The new spa facility was under construction, but the hotel manager offered us to try the treatments as a complimentary service of the hotel!! Don't miss the Indian accent restaurant, one of the best tasting menus I've ever had, great Indian flavours. Overall a really unique experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, May 13, 2014

Thank you for taking time out to review The Manor.

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your dining experience at our restaurant ‘Indian Accent’.

Positive feedback from our guests makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction and delight. Your feedback has been shared with the entire team and they are grateful for the appreciation.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Other reviewers have also stated this - The Manor is a tranquil and welcoming home-away-from-home - I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Delhi. The staff are fantastic, service is amazing and extremely helpful. The location is somewhat away from the Connaught Place hub - I found this a very easy commute in a Tuk Tuk or taxi which were both very cheap. The location being slightly away from the crowds adds to the tranquility and the feeling that you're coming 'home' each evening rather than returning to a standard business hotel.

Rooms are spacious, contemporary and well suited to business travel with a decent desk and good Wifi. Ground floor rooms are rather dark and the shower water pressure is not great, but these are small imporovement points to what is otherwise a great experience.

Indian Accent is one of Delhi's best restaurants, and it's right here at The Manor - definitely worth having the tastings menu with accompanying wine selection.

Breakfast is basic and could be improved with a wider selection, again, just a minor point.

On my last day in Delhi, 9am and I had no firm plan - within one hour, the hotel had arranged a driver and a good guide to take me though the tourist sites of Delhi, which was excellent. Nothing was too much trouble.

Room Tip: Request a room upstairs, these are much lighter than the downstairs rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking time out to review The Manor.

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay. Positive feedback from our guests makes our efforts worthwhile and inspires our team to achieve higher levels of guest satisfaction and delight.

In addition, your feedback regarding the water pressure of bathroom shower and level of lighting in the rooms has been discussed with our Chief Engineer, who sends his sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Also, your feedback regarding the breakfast has been shared with our Executive Chef, who will be looking into it.

We would like to assure you that necessary corrective measures will be taken based on your feedback.

Our team looks forward to welcoming you again at The Manor.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was alone in New Delhi for business, and needed a relaxing place to stay. The Manor is an oasis of calm in a leafy area. The staff were so very helpful and professional. The room was perfect. Quiet,comfortable bed,clean and an excellent shower. The staff arranged an excellent taxi for me to use everyday.

I had heard the food was very good...and it was excellent. I ended up eating all
meals with them...and I wish that I could have taken food with me to with me for the day. I was very lucky to meet the amazing chef.

This boutique hotel is a gem. I will only stay at The Manor when I go to New Delhi.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Oldworldhospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The Manor, responded to this review, April 18, 2014

Thank you for taking time out to review The Manor.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights knowing nothing about the place beforehand. Was really pleasantly surprised. This hotel really is an oasis of calm in the bustle of Delhi. This is a small hotel and does what small hotels often do best......quiet, unassuming and attentive service with a desire to provide a very high level of attention. Lovely clean rooms with some personal touches.
The restaurant has recently won some awards and this shows in the quality of the food available. We ate here on 2 consecutive nights and had a wonderful time.
Only comment I have is that this hotel is located away from the middle of Delhi and it can take some time to get to the centre and some of the most visited tourist sites.....but having said that, it is worth it for the peace and quiet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Namaste!

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed your dining experience at our restaurant 'Indian Accent'.

Your compliments have been shared with the team and they are grateful for the appreciation.

We look forward to welcoming you again at the Manor.

Guest Relations

Been to The Manor? Share your experiences!