“For business trips only” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sarovar Portico Naraina

You added Sarovar Portico Naraina to your Saves list
Sarovar Portico Naraina
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A-9, Naraina Vihar, New Delhi 110028, India (Formerly Living Room)   |
Ranked #466 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
“For business trips only”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Pros:
- rooms are neat n clean
- near to airport domestic terminal 1D
- bath fittings are also good

Cons:
- average breakfast
- poor food manu

incident : i stayed there for two nights, and on the next morning there was no hot water available though i have told them the night before about my plan. although it was made available next day properly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMSPN, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Naraina, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sarovar Portico Naraina – A Sarovar Hotel!

Thank you for taking the valuable time to submit a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us in Delhi and many thanks for your appreciations on some our services and facilities.

While we are obviously disappointed with your comments regarding breakfast service in Restaurant, we genuinely appreciate your feedback as it gives us the opportunity to follow up on your experience and to ensure our services are up to the standards of Sarovar Hotels & Resorts Pvt. Ltd. I am equally concerned with your observation about the non availability of hot water on one day of your stay in your room. The necessary corrective actions had already been taken to avoid this kind of inconvenience in future.

Thank you for choosing Sarovar Portico Naraina for choice of your accommodation in Delhi and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to show you we can do better.

Please write to me at gmspn@sarovarhotels.com about your next visit date.

We look forward to welcome you back at Sarovar Portico Naraina.

Thanking You,

Ashoke Ganguly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Valsad, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

i was booked for this hotel in oct. however could nt travel due to heavy rains in gujarat. they flatly refused to refund even though it was booked thru make my trip. very inefficient. they could have been decent enough to offer alternate dates or adjust in some manner. this was even though i spoke with MMT in time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
GMSPN, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Naraina, responded to this review, October 22, 2013

Greetings!

On behalf of Sarovar Portico Naraina, kindly accept our sincere apologies for inconveniences.

We have charged 01 night retention to the Travel Portal, as per the cancellation policy and the same thing had been informed to them. The payment for the 2nd night had been refunded to the Travel Portal’s account.

As a gesture of good will, we request you to kindly accept a free stay for one night.

Please write to me at gmspn@sarovarhotels.com about your next visit date.

We reassure you of our co-operation and look forward to a more positive association with you in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you at Sarovar Portico Naraina.

Thanking You,

Ashoke Ganguly
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The hotel is well maintained and appears fresh and new amist the industrial surroundings of Naraina and Kirti Nagar . Situated right on the Ring Road in Naraina it takes 30 minutes to reach Delhi Airport T3 and 20 min to reach the low cost terminal. The restaurant is good has a limited food items and the taste is good. They offer complimentary breakfast.It is ideal for business travellers and also for transit passengers due to the proximity of the airport. Its easy to commute as it is right on the Ring road which is the life line of Delhi. The room service is efficient and the room ambience is really very good matching any 4 star hotels. The sleep is confortable too.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

The rooms were average, clean but somewhat basic. While the breakfast buffet, and it's staff, were impressive the room service left a lot to be desired. Aside from issues with the staff being reticent to help us with taxis and sightseeing few tuk tuk or taxi drivers knew where the hotel was and overcharged us almost every time. Not a place I would recommend.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon arrival to the hotel, 3 out of the 7 rooms our group were presented with dirty sheets. We requested them to be changed and had to wait 20 minutes before the moody member of staff begrudgingly changed the sheets, He then stood there for another 5 minutes in our room expecting a tip even though it was a mistake on their behalf! Then the next day, a member of our group noticed that 2000 rupees and £60 had been stolen from her purse. We requested the CCTV and they only presented us with the cd on the evening of our last night, hoping that we wouldnt take the time to watch it. However, we stayed in that night and watched it on their hotel computer, and managed to catch a member of staff letting themselves into the room with the room key card whilst we were all out at the shop, and then sneaking back out with the money. When i confronted the hotel staff, they were all claiming not to know who the staff were although his face was clearly visible on the recording. I told them i was able to identify the man as i had seen him several times around the hotel. Only after shouting, threatening to sue the hotel and replaying the video for around 2 hours, the senior manager apologized and gave the money back. He also insisted that the member of staff would be fired. I do not believe this, it seems to me that they were all working together and trying to cover their backs, I would not recommend staying here, as the staff are able to let themselves into womens rooms and steal whatever valuables they can find. Avoid at all costs, and if you do choose to stay here, keep your valuables with you at all times.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nishant S, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Naraina, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sarovar Portico, Naraina New Delhi for your stay . I regret that you were faced with inconveniences in regard to housekeeping services and money missing issues. My heartiest apologies for the same. It was done wrongly and I assure that it will not be repeated again.

All of us at Sarovar portico, Naraina are dedicated to providing you with the finest service possible and your feedback helps us to evaluate whether we are succeeding.

Our aim is always to exceed your expectations and your suggestions will definitely be followed up by the management team.

I appreciate your taking the time to assist us. I assure you that your comments have been paid our full attention.

I hope we will soon be able to welcome you and your client, back to Sarovar Portico Naraina, New Delhi.

With my best regards,
Nishant
Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I want to bring something important to your notice that i am a corporate client of Sorovar hotels (Naraina) is promising beyond its limits and during the stay when I ordered dinner at 11:30 pm (first of all there was no one picking up the telephone for room service and when I called up reception & room service there was menu offered which was couple of items (sandwitches etc…) and later with lot of pursuance finally they delivered rice and dal.
If you are looking for late dinner then this place is not the right one because what they promise for room service is not served. Just imagine that this is there service to corporate client how would they behave with regular client.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean but not expect any view from the rooms, as there is nothing
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nishant S, General Manager at Sarovar Portico Naraina, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Sir,
Greetings from sarovar portico naraina !!!!!

We apologized for the inconvenience and as we promised this will never happen again. We have taken your feedback very positively and assure best of the services henceforth.
once again I would like to thanks for your kind support given to us and will be honored to serve you again and again.

Thanks and Personal Regards,
Nishant kumar sinha.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I happened to forget my passport and US $ in a safe after I checked out of this hotel. The staff called me and kept all my belongings intact. I truly appreciated the honesty as I was an international tourist and losing a passport would really complicate my stay in India. Moreover, they were nice enough to scan my passport and visa and mailed it over when I needed it for my other hotel booking. Great experience! Other than that, the rooms were nice and clean, and the breakfast selection was great. Also, the service was really quick when we needed to call about tv. I sincerely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Sarovar Portico Naraina? Share your experiences!