“HORRIBLE service and management standards” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Private Affair

Hotel Private Affair
You added Hotel Private Affair to your Saves list
Hotel Private Affair
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   C-2, Greater Kailash, Part-1 | near M Block Market, New Delhi 110048, India   |
Ranked #153 of 919 New Delhi B&B and Inns
New Delhi
“HORRIBLE service and management standards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I reached the hotel at 7:00 AM in the morning on 21st September having a booking confirmation from 20th September 2013 12 PM to 21st September 2013 12 PM. At the reception the receptionist told me that the hotel had not received my booking voucher from Cleartrip and they were supposedly oversold so they could not accommodate us even though I had a prepaid voucher with me. I showed him my booking confirmation on my phone. So he asked me to mail the hotel our booking voucher. Still he was adamant on the part that they were running full. The worst part is that the receptionist (or whatever you want to call him) was extremely unfriendly and stupid. He had the nerve to tell me that "he cannot do anything..." The Receptionist & the Manager was very rude throughout. He had the same expression on his face throughout which seemed as if he DIN'T CARE AT ALL & was so unhelpful.

He told us to wait in the lobby till the time any of the guests din't check out which they were unsure about. Fortunately after an hour of arguing with him & waiting in the lobby for him to sort this out there were a couple of guests who were checking out so we had our luck by our side for them to finally accommodate us in even though I wonder what they would have done if this wasn't the case. I was so pissed by the management of the hotel which is negative in hospitality levels.

The good part about the hotel is that it is Located just next to GK M Block Market but seriously I would recommend any other hotel besides this one because the whole line has a chain of other hotels which I am sure would be MUCH Better.

HORRIBLE service and management standards. And there seems no signs of Improvement seeing the reviews out here saying the same things over & over again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Rooms okay but they forgot to take care of fine corrections. I booked 5 rooms in Jan 2013.
When my friend from Israel took bath all the water seeped in the room. It was like a swimming pool inside the room. They promised to correct next day but it was the same and that too in a superior room with higher tarrif!
The breakfast also is not good!
I dont recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Find a better place in same price!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hyderabad, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

The location of the hotel is very good. GK1 M Block Market is a landmark and the hotel is just at the entrance of the market. Rooms are good with average food quality. Small independent hotel with average pricing of 3500-4000 rupees per night. Late night food is not available though, neither is the breakfast at all interesting.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
delhi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

Online rooms looked great and reviews were good but we had a bad time. Reception said they hadnt received our booking from hotels.com. I showed him my booking confirmation on my phone.So he asked us to mail the hotel our booking voucher. I did but he says he still didnt get it.The manager still says you havent mailed us. I show him the mail forwarded confirmation too. He says no booking no room. After half an hour of waiting in the lobby he tells us they have internet connectivity problems so they didnt get our booking. We arent responsible for their internet problems but he says we have to wait. Manager was very rude throughout. 40 mins later he says you can have room but still no booking. Bathrooms towels were all dusty and dirty. There was no water in the shower thay had to turn on some machine to get the water started. The so called Sanitized toiled is dirty filled with hair and dirt. yuck. We didnt get the electric key card because they had some technical problems so we had to wait. Everytime we opened our door, one of the mangers or workers was standing outside our door. Our room was in a corner area. Made us feel insecure. Next day our room had been cleaned but housekeeping hadnt put any towels. At night you can hear them vacumming the lobby . Located next to GK market but i would recommend any other hotel besides this one.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chandigarh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

the private affair property was excellent but service from cleartrip harassed me a lot. cleartrip confirmed my booking without checking status at hotel. no room was vacant there and thanx to private affair people who shifted me to other hotel nearby. but i had bad experience with clear trip this time

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Mumbai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My review is based on my being on the road for 28 days a month across all states of India.

I have stayed at this hotel thrice in the last 2 months.
The first visit, the rooms, the service, the hospitality was great. The breakfast and service at breakfast is poor and was poor all the three times.

The first time everything was good except the breakfast and the service at the breakfast.
Food is extremely overpriced for the quality and quantity. Highly overpriced. Just avoid it. Avoid the food at all times.

The second time, the room was pathetic, the air-conditioning was even worse. No one could do anything as the whole hotel was booked (supposedly) by whom I wonder !

The third time I reached the hotel for a three-day stay at 7:00 AM in the morning. I was stopped at the reception since the hotel had not received my booking voucher from Makemytrip and they were supposedly oversold.

The worst part is that the receptionist (or whatever you want to call him...) was extremely unfriendly and stupid. He had the nerve to tell me that "he cannot do anything..." He kept calling makemytrip and his seniors and kept repeating just one thing - I have sent an email to makemytrip at 6:39AM. I don't understand and don't want to understand what that email contained.

I was made to wait for 2 hours from 7:00AM to 10:00AM at the reception with zero courtesy. At 10:00AM Makemytrip arranged for a substitute hotel in the vicinity as a gesture of customer service. In between 7:00AM and 10:00 AM during my repeated requests at the reception, I was told that the hotel is overbooked. They are going to have 4 rooms vacant by 10:00 AM but are expecting more than 4 guests already. The extra guests would be booked in other hotels at the hotel's cost and service. But not me. This is because I had booked my hotel through makemytrip and not booked with them at their premium prices directly.

I finally gave up and moved to the substitute hotel booked for me.
I have given up on this hotel and will never visit them again.

With such service and management standards, I would not be surprised if the building got converted into a guest house soon.

Room Tip: Avoid it if you can. Or book well in advance and call the hotel and confirm your booking 10 times.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel is located just next to GK-1 M Block market. 2 mins walk to the market where you can get everything. Lots of resturenet, money change, phone shop around. Taxi also avalabe front of the hotel and hotel can arrange taxi for you as well. We stayed in a suite room and it was nice. Bathroom was clean but its gets flooded after buth as there is no door in shower section. Towels need to be chnage to new one and I will suggest to go for different color like blue. Breakfast was decent, food taste good. Internet is free and good speed. Hotel staffs are polite. We were in Delh mainly for shoping so for us the hotel great for its location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Private Affair? Share your experiences!