“Love the pianist” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 650 Hotels in New Delhi
California
“Love the pianist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This was a great hotel with many amenities and a courteous staff. The restaurant had a good variety of food selections. What made it stand out for me was the music provided by a pianist on a grand piano. I was pleasantly surprised and enjoyed listening to the music, very unexpected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Vishvapreet, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

A big thank you, from the team working here at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi - we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Vishvapreet Cheema

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Radisson Blu Plaza at New Delhi airport for one night in September and visited the hotel on another day in early October. The hotel is very close to the airport and is beautifully appointed and maintained. What makes this hotel outstanding, however, is the warm, friendly and anticipative service provided by both management and employees.

Due to weather disrupted travel arrangements I had to make last minute changes to my reservation. These were handled very smoothly by the hotel and we were provided with both a lovely welcome to the hotel and an unexpected upgrade when we finally arrived. The rooms are very well presented, very clean and quiet. The Food and Beverage services are also first class. We ate at the NYC Coffee Shop breakfast buffet and the Great Kabab Factory (which gave us a superb introduction to the diversity and quality of Indian food) for dinner.

Again though it was the service that inspired. We had special needs re making and changing arrangements for transport and tours, that changed a number of times, and were complicated by communications difficulties during our time in northern Kashmir. The hotels efforts could not have been greater and everything we needed was provided without fuss and with great accuracy.

Special thanks to Vishvaveet and his excellent team and particularly to Puneet who handled every request we had with professionalism and aplomb. I will look forward to staying at the hotel again on my next visit to India.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Greetings from Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi!

We are delighted to know that you and your son had a comfortable stay with us.

It gives us great pleasure to know that the efforts we put into training our team to deliver world class services and their effort to exceed guest expectations have been fulfilling.

We thank you in all humility for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you to back on your next visit to the city.

Warm Regards

Vishvapreet Singh Cheema
Port Louis, Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My friends and I stayed for one night there. Rooms was good. We Enjoy the Sauna, Jacussi, Swimming Pool which are free. Clean hotel and the rooms are also very clean. Hotel is fifteen minutes from the Airport. Everytime you enter the hotel there is a security check.

Room Tip: If you go there choose a room with window view where you can have excellent view at night
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind endorsement! We do apologise for the security screening which is mandated by Delhi Police, for the safety and security of our guests, visitors and team members

Warm regards,

Morganville, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I chose this hotel considering its international brand name and proximity to the airport for my transit stay on the 29th of Sept this year. I had a domestic flight to Bangalore in the morning and wanted a clean hotel to catch some sleep for the night since my United flight from Newark landed at 8 in the evening.
First the good: the airport pickup was prompt and the check-in staff was smooth. The room I got on the first floor (164) was spacious. The dinner at the restaurant, even though expensive, was very nice.
Now the bad, I found the bathroom smelly. The standing shower had no hot water. Then I thought I would use the tub and I was happy that there was hot water to it. But then when I tried to use the hand spray it leaked all over the bathroom and I could not take shower in the tub either. The leak of the water must not have been cleaned properly which would explain the smell in the bathroom.
And now the worst part: When I complained this to the staff at the checkout, the guy was completely indifferent and started chatting with someone on the phone in Hindi. When I insisted for an explanation from him on this, his answer was that there was already a scheduled service call for these problems. This infuriated me further. I asked him why they would they assign me this room if they knew about the problem and if there was already a service call. He had the same indifferent look to my question and no answer.
After paying close to $155 per night, I don't see how this hotel deserves to be a five star. There are so many more choices around the airport that I will look for in the future.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for appreciating the services of our hotel. We also appreciate you giving us time on the phone to elaborate further on issues faced by you during your stay, for our better understanding. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and have taken due cognizance of all your constructive feedback. We have immediately initiated correction actions so that we able to serve you better in the future.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the city.

Kochi (Cochin), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is one of the good hotels near New Delhi Domestic airport. Ideal for business travelers.
The Airport metro is very near which will connect you to the Delhi metro for other locations.
Good service and professional front office staff.

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation of our hotel and services! We look forward to welcoming you back

jef-ind
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This was my third stay at this hotel. It is extremely conveniently located near the IGIA terminals and airport transfers are included in many rates. The rooms are well appointed and clean with a lot of extras. This was all as nice as I remembered.

What really disappointed me was the spa area. While the fitness room appeared to be newly remodeled, the locker room, sauna, steam, etc., was in very poor repair and not as clean as one would expect in such a facility.

Great restaurant selections in the hotel.

With the opening of so many other middle- and high-end hotels near IGIA, I would likely look around next time.

Dear Guest,

We thank you for appreciating our hotel.

We regret that you were not satisfied with the condition of the Spa area. We take it as a constructive feedback and value your comments. We would be happy to connect with you directly on mail or phone and discuss how we can work on your suggestions of improvement. Please note that we are an award winning spa and hence it is very important for us to understand in more detail as to where we fell short of your expectations. May we request a suitable time from you or alternatively you can directly get in touch with us at gm@radissondel.com.

Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

The stay at Radisson Blu was great from the time I checked in till check out. The staff are very courteous and helpful. The rooms are well maintained and clean. The restaurants and the bar was good too!

Room Tip: All rooms are good I suppose!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind recommendation of our hotel and services! We look forward to your next visit.