“great welcome ! staff dedication to maintain normal service while outside flooding caused by cloud burst was commendable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi

You added Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   National Highway 8, New Delhi 110037, India   |
Ranked #37 of 612 Hotels in New Delhi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Ideally located for air/car/coach traveller off highway.there was no courtesy car due lack of communication between reservations and conciege.but hastily arranged when I called hotel to moan. Check in not ideal.ferrying passport by hostess to and from room Rooms spotless and good functional decor.lighting console very handy to select what lights you want. Very smart glass partitioned bath room with remote control curtains. A visit to kebab factory restaurant is a. Must. Not spicy but tasty.ambience wonderful.breakfast room.is a funny crooked shape due hotel building shaped like a necklace. During my stay there was very heavy rainfall in Delhi but hotel coped with it serenely.It was normal service inside while outside streets were in knee deep raging waters.

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of swimming pool.(avoid rooms in the central section with no view)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, AU
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

It was my first hour ever in India and I was relying on the hotel to get me from the airport late at night to my room and back the next morning to catch a domestic flight. All I can say is that everything went smoothly and exactly as planned. The room was spotlessly clean and made me feel at ease in a place very different to anywhere I had been before. The breakfast in the morning at the NYC cafe was one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever seen. Another airport transfer in the morning without any problems or fuss.

For India, it isn't cheap, and I couldn't say if it would be a good location to stay if you wanted to spend time in Delhi- the surrounding area is fairly confronting- but for convenience to the airport, it is ideal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Farmington Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed 3 nights at the hotel while visiting India for 10 days. Although we arrived in the middle of the night, we were met at the airport promply after leaving customs, driven to the hotel in a very nice SUV. At the hotel, check in was very easy, everyone spoke excellent English, were very polite and genuinely friendly even considering the late hour. We were even able to get something to eat at the restaurant coffee bar which was still open. Our room was was very modern, clean and attractive, comfortable beds too. Bath facilities were uniquely modern, stone and glass, well appointed. During our short stay, we enjoyed wonderful cuisine, very helpful consierge (got us taxis at a good price, always on time), and friendly helpful staff who seemed to want to go out of their way to assist us. I would recommend this hotel to those travelers who want to be nearer the airport, desire a beautiful, clean hotel at a very reasonable price, with a wonderful staff. My compliments to the management and all the staff.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Yorkshire, Uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I only stayed one night before a domestic flight but was very impressed and will stay here again.
The room was large, modern, clean and very well appointed overlooking the pool. I would alsways ask to face the pool or you are overlooking a noisy flyover although Im not sure of the soundproofing of those rooms. The pool area is very nice and only a pity I was not there during daylight hours to enjoy it. The gym was well equipped and all staff friendly & efficient. The bar in the evening was a nice way to end the evening & breakfast was amazing, everything you could want and the complimentary transfer to the airport worked well.

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the pool
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Atlanta, GA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Overall, I can't find reason to fault the hotel for 90% of the 3 night experience. The suite room was very nice, as advertised, and the amenities in the room very modern and useful. An extensive array of electronic conveniences, including 110v power suuplies and USD charging stations are at the work desk, along with electronic controls for lighting and room temperature.

For US-based travelors familiar with the Radisson brand in the U.S., this hotel will be a nice surprise in that it is a 4-star type property whereas in the U.S. most Radisson hotels are typically 2 to 3-star in my view. Obviously, the hotel owners have taken the Radisson brand and management concept but have exceeded standards in many ways such that one should not really equate the Radisson brand in India with Radisson hotels abroad. This particular Radisson is much better and atypical of the overal Radisson chain.

I used the spa, and while the treatment itself was very nice, the spa (particularly the facilities) is in no way comparible to more upscale spas through India. The jacuzzi/wet area is not very inviting and the equipment does not work very well - I sat in the Jacuzzi (which had a slimy feel) for all of 2 minutes and got out. There was one spa attendant (female) who could not access the men's changing area for obvious reasons so I found myself alone wandering around trying to figure out how to use the lockers and other facilities before the treatment actually started. I would not recommend the spa overall at this hotel, although it is highly promoted and has prices equivalent to those at 5-star properties.

The typical India hotel annoyances are pervasive - long check-in process with intrusive questions. After a long journey, one does not want to discuss family, marital status, company association, or give blood! One just wants to check in to the room and be left alone basically. The final straw with me always occurs when they insist upon being provided with a business card, although they have every other form of identification (including passport, credit card authorized,etc.). This annoys me because I don't freely give these out and I don't feel it is necessary for a hotel to have this information - everything needed is in my reservation record. When I inquired as to why they request the card (I'm always interested in what the answer will be), I am promptly advised that it is requested to create a profile for me. Ridiculous and ludicrous. Along with being handed a very complex survey to complete at every turn (spa and breakfast) which I ignored to the shock of the person handing me the survey, and employees at every turn stopping to say "hello Sir, what country are you from", I wanted to just retreat at times to the privacy of my room to avoid running into these annoying confrontations. I am not anti-social, but in a business environment and when one has traveled so far, surveys and inquiries into one's personal life are typically not appreciated or needed.

So, I give this hotel a high rating for the actual room, and for basic service. I realize some of my negative comments are standard practice in India, but perhaps when a few of these chains mature and train employees, they will realize some of the practices are unnecessary and intrusive. I would stay here again if a quick stay is needed close to the airport, otherwise, I would also probably give other more 5-star properties a try if airport convenience is not a major factor.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Definitely geared to the business traveler with lots of support services. Nevertheless, as tourists, we were very pleased with the room size, showerheads, and amenities. We stayed 3 times in a 3-week period in order to catch flights to other Indian and Bhutanese cities. The food in the The Great Kebab Factory was a big disappointment.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

Our room was very clean. Service exceptional. Great breakfast buffet. We didn't try the dinner buffet because it was a little beyond our budget for this trip but our traveling companions enjoyed it and felt it was well worth the expense. Many other reasonably priced menu items available and we loved the entered we selected. Great bread!

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi? Share your experiences!