“Jewel..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 599 Hotels in New Delhi
Harare, Zimbabwe
“Jewel..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Absolutely no complaints...after a bad experience with hotels booked in by tour operator it was a welcome change, clean, comfortable, friendly staff and near to the airport. Pity stay was only for one night.

wonderful new year's eve spread...compliments to the chef

PS..love the glass bathroom design,

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Korean first
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Pro's - Located very close to the airport, with complementary pick up and drop.
Rooms are very spacious and comfortable
Breakfast spread is excellent
Free high speed internet
Prompt service for in room dinning
Kebab factory Rocks!!!
Had a road facing room but it was not noisy except for an occasional ambulance siren

Con's - None

Bloomfield Hills, MIchigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

After 16 hours of flying from the States it was a great pleasure to check into this luxurious hotel close to the airport. Staff is very helpful and friendly. Room service was timely. Beds were very comfortable. We have absolutely no complaints and wish our plans would have allowed for a longer stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Wanted a hotel near the airport due to international/domestic flight connections. Local friend discouraged me from staying near the airport because the neighborhood isn't great. We decided on the Radisson after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. Driver met us at the airport and we were quickly transported to the hotel. Lots of security (car was checked with mirrors, our luggage went through metal detectors and we were wanded/screened). This might seem like overkill but made us feel extremely safe once inside. The interior is beautiful! Rooms were new, modern and very clean. Beds were a dream especially after 14 hours on a flight. Service was very prompt. Free wireless, free airport shuttle and amazing breakfast included in the rate. Easy way to start our trip. Thank you Radisson!

San Francisco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for four nights; the hotel is gorgeous and next to the airport. Also, my room was wonderful: large, included a desk with all the necessities, cool see-through shower, comfortable bed. Basically, the building designer and stylist did a great job.

Day one...
The first thing I did was go to the spa (looked beautiful), lucky for me, they had an open slot (I presume this happens often- open slots I mean). The receptionist recommended the massage they're known for. I took a shower and advantage of the sauna and waited around perhaps 40 minutes for my massage. FINALLY someone comes in to get me who doesn't introduce herself, kind of just sees me and then walks away; I honestly thought she was coming in to clean the bathroom. Anyway, she pulls me to follow her, and we start the massage. Many times during the massage, I said things like "ouch" and "ow" and "no" but she kept doing those things over and over, so when I came back to my room sore, I looked at what I had ordered, and no, it was not a pressure point massage. I was not happy.

Day 3...
After a day in Agra, I'm exhausted and just want to shower. I come into my room to find it wide open with three men in it. Apparently there was some sort of leak. They tell me to leave and come back in an hour. So I went downstairs and had some ice cream (not comped by the way, no discount was offered to my room either).

Last day...
Now the kicker, it's time to make my flight. I check out of my room then go to the business center. There is a large man taking up the receptionist's time. I mention to her that my flight is soon and I just want to print my ticket (you have to do this to get into the airports in India). She flat out ignored me and attended to the man. I keep bothering her, and she keeps annoying me. I try to keep the racism and sexism out of my mind (this man was tall and anglo while I am young short and Mexican American). FINALLY the man leaves and I get to print my ticket.... and what do you know - THE SITE WON'T LET ME CHECK IN! Apparently you need to check in 2 hours before your flight. Because of this, I miss my flight. All bc of that receptionist in the business center. I go and talk to the travel desk, but they refuse to help me because it is not yet their open time. Finally they sit a guy infront of me who is NO HELP. He calls different airline companies trying to get me a ticket. So simply book something online. We both get to the booking part, and turns out, you can't book a ticket unless you have an Indian credit card. The guy offers to drive me to the airport and try to fix the situation there, which makes no sense because we'd run into the same problem there. Also, I couldn't pull out cash off my corporate credit card. I end up having to get an Indian coworker to book my ticket for me. Thanks a lot Blu Plaza.

To be fair, one of the managers was very nice. However, she could not have helped me. Another manager blamed me for not letting them take me to the airport in the first place. I told him, yet again, that I did not have an Indian credit card, nor cash, nor a debit card that had cash access. Still, he blamed me. I will never stay here again and urge others not to either.

Also, they stick you with huge fees when you check out. It is not as cheap as it seems.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Penang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great hotel very close to the airport with courtesy pick up and drop off and free WIFI in all areas including the rooms. Very good spa with sauna, steam and jacuzzi. Buffet breakfast was as good as it gets. Staff were all friendly and efficient and upon request allowed me a complimentary late check out.

Room Tip: Upgrade to club room gives you a much bigger room and complimentary drinks and snacks during happy h...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
JavedAli, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you - we are glad you liked our Business Class rooms!
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Approx 15 minutes or so from the airport. We had arranged transportation through the hotel, which was complimentary, but they didn't arrive when we landed. Our flight was delayed an hour, so we thought that was the reason, but at the front desk we learned they wrote down our flight number incorrectly. Customer service was excellent despite that mistake. Despite our short stay we spent most of our time in our room and at the NYC dining. The room was simply divine. The lobby was very grand. NYC dining was delicious. Overall very good stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much, for staying with us and also for your kind understanding. We apologise for the error in noting your flight details and hope that we made up for it.

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi? Share your experiences!