“Great hotel for business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Delhi

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Delhi to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bhikaiji Cama Place | Ring Road, New Delhi 110066, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Extended Stay Offer
Ranked #55 of 593 hotels in New Delhi
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great hotel for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We have stayed here many times over many years. Great location, clean, both LAN & WiFi, bar great, restaurants fabulous, huge breakfast selection, courteous staff. Previous reviewer is way off re restaurants; the Polo Lounge, China Kitchen, Italian and Japanese are all great! Rooms are not huge but we are not there to spend time in our room. Our only complaint is that the breakfast area frequently has mosquitos.
It is easy to get more water bottles or breakfast boxes to go for early am departures. Room service is prompt. You can call for an iron & ironing board. Hair dryer is an actual small plug in dryer rather than the frustrating small wall unit.
Rates have been consistent when others (ITC Maurya & Oberoi) have raised their rates a lot.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

768 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I statyed at the Delhi Hyatt Regency for a day. First, when I checked in there was someone to greet me at the door and take me straight to my room. I am not sure if this is standard if the hotel picks you up. However, my ability to check my reservation and the associated benefits were limited because I was taken straight to my room. I was told I had a car pick-up and drop-off at the airport. But that was not to be, which I found as I was checking out. So I asked the agent to check and there was a tussle among the staff behind the front desk! That was the strangest thing I have seen. I said I wanted someone to help and then came a lady. She listened and tried to be helpful but had to go get her manager. The assistant manager of the property I believe, came over to explain and refused to listen insisting that their pick-up drop-off charges are not covered. His defense was he does not have access to the rates I was quoted. Huh? Really? Anyway, I checked out of the hotel and promptly got an email that afternoon from the manager apologizing, but then insisting that they do not cover the pick-up and drop from airport. So I sent him the reservation confirmation and it said pick-up confirmed but nothing specified about rates. This is a first for me at least at a Hyatt in India.

What was unpleasant was the experience at the front desk and the follow-up after that at the hotel. The manager at least had the courtesy to apologize by email. I think this was just a bad day. There are bad days for everyone and it does sometimes happen to guests. But guest should never have to see such interaction. I have stayed with Hyatt everywhere and this is sort of unique.

Also, the restaurant was just okay -- service was below par. The fitness center was strangely located and the equipment there was not bad,but was cramped. Way below stanadrds for a Hyatt Regency.

Would I stay again at this Hyatt? Yes. But I would check the details first. Like I said, it was perhaps just not a great day for some of the staff.

Room Tip: Check-in at the front desk. The welcome routine from the car arrival is great, but it may leave you...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed in Hyatt Regency Delhi for three nights during my trip in India. The service was very very good, the staff was very friendly and helpfull. There is a big gym in the hotel so I didn't stop my trainings. The hotel is located not far from the airport which is very convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Aberdeen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 8 nights on business with wife. In a nutshell room too small and stupid glass wall between bathroom and bedroom. Breakfast buffet very good, but the indian, chinese, italian and teppanyaki just awful. Separate reviews elsewhere. Pool OK but service unbelievably slow, had to chase them every time. Not a 5 star by any stretch of the imagination and wont stay again. Be aware of VAT and service charges which are very high (probably everywhere) with VAT charged twice for alcohol making two glasses of the cheapest wine £30. The one good point was the staff in terms of wanting to help and their attentive manner. Otherwise about what you would expect in a european 2 star.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel lived up to it's promises.The staff were available and attentive,the room was clean and Comfortable.food was delicious. the Italian Restaurant La Piazza was fabulous,best pizza's in town.It's around half an hour from the airport and only few mins drive from the C.P and old Delhi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I had always wanted to travel to India and decided to go to celebrate my 60th birthday with my family 6 of us in total. We booked the Hyatt Regency in Delhi for the start and finish of the trip. All the staff were excellent and service was so good. The room was a good size well equipped and spotless. The breakfast buffet is a delight. I almost rated it higher but it is a large chain hotel and although the staff are good it lacks that personal touch we got from smaller hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Rooms are nice, but very small. Service is professional, but quite impersonal—we stayed here for 4 nights, went on an 8 day tour of Rajasthan and then came back to this hotel for an additional 2 nights and not one person recognized or remembered us—even though we were checked in by the same front desk person both times. Plus both times when we checked in, they try to “up sell” you to a “better room” and will not take no for an answer—truly felt like we were being hustled and you practically have to argue with them that you do NOT want anything other than what you had already booked—we didn’t need to be hassled both times at check in. At breakfast one morning, I had to use the restroom, so I left the table and the hostess said, “Good bye, have a nice day.” U advised her that I was just going to the restroom and would be right back—the bathroom is just down the hall from the restaurant, so I was probably gone less then 3 minutes—when I got back to the restaurant, the same hostess was there and asked me, “How many in your party?”—she had absolutely NO idea that we just had a conversation less than 3 minutes prior. The restaurant staff for breakfast always seemed VERY aloof and not at all interested in actually waiting on guests—one morning we counted the staff and there were 14 staff members and only 3 tables of guests, yet we couldn’t get anyone to wait on us for over 15 minutes—we finally complained to the manager who ended up waiting on us himself. Even though most people recommend a room overlooking the pool, I would recommend a room facing the road in front of the hotel—our view on our first stay faced the street and our view on our second stay overlooked the pool and we enjoyed the view of the street much more as you get to see the everyday life of India versus the view of just a pool. The hotel is about 20 minutes from the airport, so location wise for that it was great—but the location itself left quite a bit to be desired—didn’t seem to be in a very nice part of New Delhi. There is a GREAT shopping arcade just off of the lobby with a lot of different types of shops and the prices seemed very reasonable considering it’s in a hotel.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the front of the hotel--very interesting watching the day to day life of New Delhi...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Delhi? Share your experiences!