“Great Hotel for first stop in India” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Delhi

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Delhi to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bhikaiji Cama Place | Ring Road, New Delhi 110066, India   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save
Ranked #53 of 594 hotels in New Delhi
McAllen
“Great Hotel for first stop in India”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This was the first stop on our India vacation after a long international flight. The Regency Club and benefits were great at the hotel, and our check-in was very smooth even at 1:00 AM. I would recommend using the Regency Club level to have access to the breakfast and happy hours. The pool side is also much quieter. The room was very nice and well maintained. Another great thing about the rooms is the blackout curtains. After a long day, we were able to shut the curtains and have near complete darkness in the rooms. The beds were also very comfortable, and the rain shower and bathroom a plus. We used the gym a few times, and found the equipment to be in good condition and the staff helpful. The price is a little high (though the Indian taxes are partly to blame), but we were very happy with the Hyatt. Recommend this hotel for all sorts of travel: business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Pool side, Regency Level

761 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Lucknow, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I still remember the seventies when New Delhi hosted Asiad Games and many hotels came up to accommodate the players as well the tourists from all over Asia. This hotel was also one of them. It was at that time, one of the most beautiful and sought after hotel in New Delhi after Taj and oberoi hotel but after nearly 40 years, this hotel has lost its beauty, high standards of professionalism and warm hospitality. I was staying in a club room 444 and hence had an access to the club lounge. the staff there(EXCEPT THE ONE AT THE CLUB LOUNGE RECEPTION COUNTER) were not warm and caring. The food displayed there was ordinary and the number of dishes was very very inadequate not befitting to be placed in the "Club Lounge". I asked a female staff there for a cup of tea. She responded by telling me that there is a "tea station" and I have to help myself. The servings of "chicken Tikka" was so small that it could not have satisfied a bird's appetite. The rooms are very very small and are made to look large by a wall to wall looking mirror placed on one wall of the room. The shoe shine was dry and the large number of guests assembled between 10 a.m and 10.30 a.m for the buffet breakfast were very badly and rudely managed by the female staff at the coffee shop. THIS HOTEL IS NOT ON MY CHOICE LIST ANYMORE.

Room Tip: rooms facing the swimming pool on higher floors should be opted for
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A large hotel with very comfortable rooms, helpful staff and excellent choice of dining options. We tried the evening buffet and the Chinese restaurant. The Chinese was superb; a lovely ambiance and delicious food. Definitely a hotel that should be considered if you want international standards. A little expensive but worth it.

• Stayed December 2012
Plainsboro, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt from Dec 27th-Dec 29th 2012, at the very end of a long 20 day trip to India, Sri Lanka & the Maldives. When I booked this hotel, I choose solely on the basis of proximity to the Indira Gandhi International airport(20 minute ride, Rs 175 by pre-paid taxi from the airport). I arrived at around 1 PM on the 27th & was promptly checked in. The only glitch of my stay occured here. I had paid more for & specifically requested for a pool/garden view King room on one of the higher floors & had even called ahead to confirm this. When I checked in though, I was assigned a basic room on the first floor. Tired out after several long days before this & my flight, I did not notice it at that time. I did realize it the next morning when I looked outside to see a street view. I pointed this out to the staff that morning & as compensation(there was a big price difference between both categories of rooms) was offered complimentary breakfast for both days of my stay. I happily accepted, since I did not want to move rooms for the last day of my stay. That was the only real dissapointment..since I had paid for the bigger room. The room I got was fine since I was travelling by myself, but it would have got cramped if travelling as a bigger group.It really was just comfortable enough for 1-2 people & their bags, any more would be cramped.

Other than that mix-up, everything else was perfect;) The staff are incredibly helpful..everything was a "yes mam, my pleasure mam" kind of thing. The hotel itself is nicely decorated & the lobby is gorgeous. Plenty of food options- the Cafe for breakfast & then an Indian, a Japanese, an Italian, & a Chinese restaurant(China Kitchen), so you are assured of plenty of food options. I only tried the China Kitchen & the food was delicious;) Didnt get a chance to try the gym & the pool was probably freezing(didnt see a soul in there). The people at the business center were very helpful in getting me my airline ticket printouts(required to enter any airport in India, which I had forgotten;) I tried out a pedicure/manicure at the parlor & the staff there were awesome;)

Really, this hotel exceeded my expectations. I was nervous about it being noisy, or busy, or having too many wedding receptions/parties on its grounds, as so many hotels do in Delhi in the winter. For some reason, never saw any weddings or parties while I was there. I experienced only the best service, friendly staff & an efficient way of doing things. If in Delhi, would highly recommend it.

Tip-make sure you take the unlimited wifi package while booking , as otherwise it is pretty expensive. I was in Delhi during the time that there were protests for the Delhi rape incident & I mostly stayed in on my last day..so that unlimited wifi really came in handy! And if more than 1-2 people, make sure you book the bigger & more expensive King room on an upper floor-worth it;)

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on the upper 4th or 5th floor if worried about noise from the street..though I was on...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed for 8 night at the Hyatt Regency in New Delhi. From arrival at the airport pick up to check in at the hotel, the service has been nothing but excellent. All the staff were well trained and professional. We arrived very early in the morning and the hotel was very accommodating to allow us an immediate check in. The rooms were very clean and well maintain and comfortable. I had asked for extra pillows and an ironing board and they were already in the room when I checked in. Thanks to the great team that manage the reservation.
Every single staff that we met during our staff has nothing but great service to offer. Compliments to the front office, concierge, restaurant staffs, Guest Relation Manager, Bell counter and housekeeping and room service. It was just like being at home being pampered all the way. Breakfast choice was very good and there is not a single complaint to the food served in all the F&B outlets, great taste! The concierge manager that was so helpful in sending me to the great Sari shop at South Ex - Frontier Raas, a very big thank you. I am so pleased with my shopping at this boutique, very spoilt for choice on the wide range of good quality saris. The hotel cars and drivers were clean and very well informed on the tourist attraction and very helpful. Our regular driver, Manjit was excellent! Even the shopping arcade staff were very friendly and give us good bargains especially on the pashimas that we bought. The salon is a must visit when you are staying at the Hyatt Regency. They have great pedicure and head massage and the stylist are very fast and professional. A very big thank you to Avinash my hairdresser in New Delhi at the Hyatt for the great shampoo and blow dry that I went to every day. A great stay that had made my visit to New Delhi memorable. Will definitely come back to the Hyatt Regency for my next visit to New Delhi.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great I am sure.
New Delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed here fora day , this hotel is huge with amazing Lobby .. starting for porch to the lobby , you are treated very professionally .. Front desk staff is amazing , quick check in and a upgrade with very minimal price.. Club floors are nice with happy Hours .. Overall a great Experience .. Keep up the good work

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt for one night after an overnight flight to India. The room was comfortable with all the amenities of a four star hotel. The food was well presented and delicious and staff friendly and courteous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Regency Delhi? Share your experiences!