This is a large hotel and is essentially a business hotel - it just has that feel about it. We booked a Regency Club Room which came with airport transfers, wi-fi and of course club access.
Pick up at the airport was quick and efficient although I am not sure I consider a Toyota Camry to be a limousine. It was comfortable and mostly clean enough. Warmly met at the hotel and taken to the room for check-in. All the club rooms are about the same size and there seem to be no suites on the club levels.
Our room was fine and filled with red coloured woods on the floor and walls and overlooked the city. We had a couple of issues....first, the bed frame actually snapped and we were not doing anything silly or outrageous! We also had a non working hairdryer and faulty tap. Went to club reception to get it repaired and they were very obliging.
Headed out for the afternoon and on return (about four hours later) they were only putting the finishing touches to the repair. I was a little surprised that this was not completed in that time. Had a look at the repair but decided to take a new room instead which they were very happy to offer. To our surprise, this was a newly refurbished room and looked a lot more modern. I will add some pictures.
The club lounge is quite lounge and gets VERY busy. The staff struggle to keep the food and beverages replenished. This was especially noticable at breakfast. Not sure what they could do to fix this but the lounge lacked a bit of atmosphere because of its size and how busy it is. Perhaps a partitioning?
Had dinner in the Indian Restaurant and it is fantastic - some of the best food in Delhi. The service was also wonderful. Also had high tea in the cafe and we could not have been more pleased with the service. The staff offered to bring items from the buffet to us.
This is a very good quality hotel and is exactly what you expect from a Hyatt. Because of that it probably lacks a little bit of local charm but that is then delivered by the staff.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Delhi Hotel New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Delhi Hotel
- Hyatt Regency New Delhi
- Hyatt New Delhi
- Hyatt Hotel Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel New Delhi
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Delhi
- Hyatt Regency
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Delhi, the largest five-star hotel in Delhi, is located in the commercial hub of Bhikaji Cama Place just 20 minutes’ drive from Indira Gandhi International Airport and the city’s domestic airport. The Delhi hotel is also close to embassies, consulates and corporate headquarters, making it one of the most preferred business hotels in Delhi.The 507 rooms and suites at Hyatt Regency Delhi are equipped with modern amenities and high-speed Internet access to support guests’ business needs, while all seven floors offer a panoramic view of the city and the landscaped gardens. The city hotel is also a benchmark of excellence for five-star dining in Delhi, that offers an exceptional range of Indian and international dining options. Enjoy a delicious meal at the Café an all-day dining restaurant or resort for a traditional Chinese dining experience at the China Kitchen or some delectable Indian fare at Aangan . Settle down for a brief coffee break or a sweet interval at the Sidewalk . For authentic Italian, choose La Piazza, the warm, lively and casual dining restaurant. Wind up the busy evening with a splendid meal at the TK’S Oriental Grill; or simply step into Polo Lounge to experience fine flavours, while a live musical performance keep the spirits high.Within this New Delhi luxury hotel, guests can also enjoy numerous leisure facilities, including an outdoor swimming pool and the Club Olympus Fitness Centre and Spa. One can opt for the best shopping experience too at the hotel’s multilevel shopping complex featuring more than 36 boutiques of Indian artifacts, handicrafts and jewelers.The bustling capital provides a wealth of activities for guests to experience, options range from sightseeing in Delhi including some of the noted architectural and historical wonders of the world. For those who want to indulge in shopping in Delhi, you can choose from the alleys of old Delhi to the most chic markets, also those wishing to spend their time in sports activities in Delhi, the nearest golf courses and Polo ground offers ample opportunities, also one can visit the museums or be enchanted by the religious places.The proximity of the Hyatt Regency Delhi to numerous and famous business centers makes it the ideal place to plan a conference, a product launch or a fashion show. As a leading wedding venue hotel in Delhi, the hotel has arranged many weddings in the past 30 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Delhi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.