In general the hotel is a good one, there are a couple of things to double check before staying there. First is the location. It is in an area which may not be the most convenient for tourists.
Room was fine, noisy as elsewhere in Delhi. The hotel is near a main road but my room was not on that side. Still you would here the noise of the road. Was not a terrible problem, at least for me, because i nevertheless had to wake up very early.
What was indeed a problem is that the hotel does not provide Wi-Fi and has a deprecated system where you have to buy a voucher for a limited amount of time at the front-desk and you can only use it in one device. You cannot pause and resume the consumption, if you buy a 1 hour voucher then its from start until one hour after, you cannot do 30 minutes now and 30 minutes later.
Breakfast was strange, it does have many options but its simply strange. It's in a restaurant called Eggspectations and has like 18 different egg dishes which are quite weird. I guess its difficult to organize a breakfast that fits all possible customers (westerns, indians, other asian etc.) but to me Eggspectations doesnt fit in any. Only in hotels in the USA are breakfast as weird as here... From India i had expected great food and it was not the case. Still, I could find something.
The restaurant in the first floor, while expensive, served excellent indian food and the waiters were very helpful with me. I followed their recommendations and result was an excellent dinner.
The front-desk service was very nice to me, I had reserved for a week, decided to leave earlier and they didn't charge me any cancelling fee or anything like that. May not be like that with everyone but it was very nice from them.
So if I need to stay in that area again I might choose Jaypee again, I would see with good eyes that the hotel improves the internet offer and it could please other guests if the hotel would provide complimentary earplugs in the rooms. Until now they don't so if you are sensitive with noise bring your own.
- Also Known As:
- Jaypee Siddharth Hotel New Delhi
- Hotel Jaypee Siddharth Delhi
- Siddharth Hotel Delhi
- Hotel Siddharth
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort and elegance define the Jaypee Siddharth. Geared to take care of the seasoned business traveller, this contemporary hotel provides customers with every amenity for success. The hotel effortlessly blends 5-star opulence with conference facilities to provide you never-before experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Jaypee Siddharth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.