“Amazing !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand New Delhi

You added The Grand New Delhi to your Saves list
The Grand New Delhi
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vasant Kunj Phase II, New Delhi 110070, India (Mahipal Pur)   |
Ranked #70 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Aveiro
“Amazing !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Le Grand New Delhi is a majestic hotel. The lobby and the surrounding gardens are just overwhelming. I was only able to spend one night in new delhi and regret i couldn't have more. The service and collaborators at the reception desk are very nice. The breakfast are is very pleasant and the service as well. Hope to be able to come to this great hotel some time later on.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011 via mobile

Was stranded at the airport for an extra three days on a business trip and was sent with 200 other passengers by the airline to The Grand at 2am. The hotel did a fabulous job taking care of us all throughout our unexpected stay. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2011
Center
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Large sized, not gigantic. Very luminous hall and restaurant, facing the front garden. Large and beatiful pool, nice spa area and adequate fitness center.
I particularly enjoyed the restaurant -a buffet on the National Holiday was the best i ever had in India.
The architect made a great job, but still not much Indi-style is present. The best achievement is to me having built under the top level of the garden: the whole structure seems immerged into the green hill.
I recommend this place as "I deserve-it" choice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

Soon as I entered the Hotel's premises, I knew I could expect to experience a service which is true to the name of the hotel - Grand!!!
The room was spacious, it had plenty of light coming in, and it looked welcoming with a serene ambiance.
The bathroom was the main attraction for me, because I like one that has a good space to roam around. Two entry doors to the bathroom meant I could enter directly from close to the main door and from near my bed.
What I liked best was the view of the swimming pool which overlooks the lush greenery of the trees, and the Blue-Green combination worked like magic on the eye!
The dine-in service was prompt and the taste of the food still lingers in my memories!
A special mention for the staff, all were so welcoming and polite! A true sign of modesty, respect and hospitality, all combined in one! Wow!

Room Tip: I recommend the
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
TGND-GM, General Manager at The Grand New Delhi, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
Greetings from The Grand New Delhi!

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you, for taking time out to give us your valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the hotel.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we value your continuous patronage.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that you liked our several offerings. Your comments have been personally shared with the Team.

The wonderful words are source of encouragement, for us and such feedback keeps the team striving for excellence all the time.

Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

- Front-Desk services staff barely smile when I checked in, look like she had a bad day. It is very rude and arrogant attitude being a customer service staff.

- Charged for internet usage (Even thought, there is clearly details on Expedia (Internet is complimentary). Instead of being helpful to help guest to check with Expedia, they charged us money. I got to complain to Expedia and get money back.

- Room: didn't feel like staying in 5 star hotel room, took like 3-5 mins to get hot water head up... Sink was block.

- Food in hotel is over price plus have to pay tax 16.5% on the top of price on the list... paid for 300Rupee (ard 8USD) and tax for a bowl of plain rice... lolz... but services were great... Still don't like to pay this much.

- Holding money (ard 8000INR) in case we use anything in mini bar, was told it will be release after we check out. It is confirmed that is charged from credit card and I gotta contact my bank and the hotel to refund back my money.

I will never ever go back there again...All these stupid things were so annoying. It was just a waste of my time and energy to deal during and after my holiday in India.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Grand New Delhi!

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you, for taking time out to give us your valuable feedback on trip advisor regarding your last stay at the hotel from 31st July to 2nd August 2011.

We have made note of your comments, and would like to update you on what exactly happened.

* There may have been a slight delay, on check in by our staff. I have personally investigated, & have identified the root cause. There was misleading information, on one of the chargeable service of the hotel being mentioned on complimentary basis.

* On checking with third party website, it was realized to be a technical glitch at their end. Their team is identifying the reason for such an error & has reverted to the hotel with possible solution with apology.

* Though at that point it was an unusual offering & there was no information for the technical glitch but I am glad that the team took the decision of not charging on your mention.

* There is a policy of pre authorization, for securing any incidental charges incurred. It is unfortunate that the charges could not be reversed immediately, however the hotel had also written to the bank for charge reversal. A follow up mail has also been sent, and the payment reversal should be realized in the next billing cycle.

* The taxes on food are standard in the entire five star hotels, and our pricing is also very competitive. However we have made note of your comments and shall do an analysis on the pricing once again.

* The room has been thoroughly checked, and the issue has been addressed with regards to the sink and the flow has been checked.

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us, and we shall value your continued patronage.

Your comments and ratings on the various attributes have been personally shared with the core team.

Me and my team look forward to welcoming you again, and would like to reassure you of our fine hospitality, high standards and personalized services at all times. I would like to personally assure you, that you shall not find us wanting or faltering in our services or standards.

Looking forward to meeting you in person, on your next stay at the Grand New Delhi.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

checked in at around 9 pm in the hotel while returning from Agra. One of the few excellent place to stay in Delhi. Rooms are quite spacious, tidy. The food quality is good. I had ordered for a veg meal and it was served the way I wanted. The only concern area is the distance from the major places in Delhi.
If one really wishes to enjoy his stay in Delhi, he should try to stay neat the connaught place or chandni chowk to get feel of real Delhi.
I had booked the hotel thru online travel websites as the direct rates from the hotel were much expensive.

Room Tip: Suggest for the room with pool view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Greetings from The Grand New Delhi!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and that you liked our several offerings and specially the food quality. Your comments have been personally shared with the Chef.

Just to touch a little on the proximity - The Grand is an exceptional blend of a resort like setting, spread across 10 acres of beautifully landscaped lawns. The Grand is centrally located with major business and entertainment venues, and a short drive from Domestic and International Airports making it convenient for both the corporate and leisure traveler. We shall be happy to guide you to the hotel, both from the NH8 as well as from Connaught place in future with the fastest route.

Imphal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2011

It will be great if you could put a clock in each room which have an alarm too

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to The Grand New Delhi? Share your experiences!