“Good choice in this busy city” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Sham Nath Marg, New Delhi 110 054, India   |
Ranked #32 of 626 Hotels in New Delhi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
cambridge
“Good choice in this busy city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights on arrival in India and found the hotel charming - staff excellent and eager to assist. The food in both restaurants was also really good. I thought the pool area could be improved slightly. Also found the room (a deluxe suite) a little 'cave like' for lack of windows - only one smallish window in the main bedroom and two frosted glass windows in the sitting room area overlooking the public walkway outside the rooms. It would have been nice to have a view of the gardens. However, I'm sure this is probably to do with keeping the heat out and also using a heritage building for conversion into a hotel. The hotel is a little out of the way but we didn't find this a problem.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sparing your time and posting your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you have had an enjoyable stay with us . We thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay at the hotel.

Your comments are valuable to us which helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the Maidens two years ago whilst en route to Old Rajpur .
The hotel is excellent ! Friendly staff , spacious rooms and super clean .
We are returnig to Delhi in April 2013 and will stay here again .
All in all great value and a wonderful Raj building .
We reccomend a stay .

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens Hotel.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence.

I once again thank you for your kind words. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delhi and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel becomes your home when visiting this city.
Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

great hotel to stay at, its bit outside of the city venter. but it was convenient for our purpose so stayed here. we have a suit like room, with a living room and a walk in wardrobe.

The hotel breakfast area is small, but the food is good. there isn't much outside the hotel but there is a nice cozy restaurant on to the right hand side 100 meters of the hotel which is very good.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Thank you for your valuable feedback.

My team and i look forward to welcoming you at Maidens Hotel.
Harrow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Have to say that this is one of the best places I have stayed in. The staff are friendly and first class when it comes to service. We turned up after spending a night on the train from Bikaneer looking slightly ruffled to this high standard hotel, but they made us welcome nevertheless!! We had the buffet breakfast which has a great choice and no matter how much English Breakfast I asked for they obliged with a smile!
The room was big, spotlessly clean and a real pleasure to stay in.
Now this is one place I would definitely recommend to stay.
When you come out of the hotel and turn right, it is a two minute walk to the metro which is only two stops to the main markets, fort etc so I thought it was a good location. I could pick up a tuk tuk fairly easily and cycle rickshaws nearby.
Take time to stay here if you want to be looked after.
And the pool............. ahh coming from cold London to an outdoor pool was superb. Towels provided and staff nearby to assist and very chilled and relaxed.
Great grounds and very peaceful.
I really enjoyed my stay here.
Well done Maidens Hotes

Room Tip: Have a swim in the outdoor pool. Metro a two minute walk away on the main rad.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

It is heartning to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and our services and facilities were to your satisfaction. I thank you for your generous comments. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, which helps us to continuously strive for excellence.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back at Maidens Hotel.
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The service and rooms here are outstanding. Spotlessly clean. Mine had a huge bathtub and a separate sitting room. The building itself is spectacular. Hotel was run meticulously and staff was always friendly. Breakfasts were excellent and there were cooked-to-order omelets as well as breakfast (egg and tomato) dosas. This is one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in. If you wish to avail yourself of the crowded-but-air-conditioned Delhi Metro...there is a station a few feet away.

BUT: if you plan on taking taxis, keep in mind this hotel is WAY in the North of Old Delhi...so it is a bit hard to get to and from and it is definitely not a place to spend a lay-over as it is far from the airport. It is not always easy to get a cab in this area. There are plenty of bicycle rickshaws near the Metro station, but few taxis. If you have a local mobile # (or Indian SIM) it's no problem: you can call a radio car, such as Easycab but if you have to book a car through the hotel, they will basically charge you the round trip fare if you're going anywhere in New Delhi. And for some reason hotel policy will not allow them to call a radio cab for you. This became a major frustration, and is a policy the hotel should consider changing for the benefit of their clientele. It would be the only reason I would consider not staying here in the future. (And under normal circumstances would have led me to knock a star off my review; the fact that I didn't should be seen as a testament to how excellent this hotel is in all other aspects.)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
MaidensHotel-Delhi, Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sparing your valuable time and sharing experience on trip advisor. We are glad to note that you enjoyed the satay at hotel.
We have noted your concern about the radio cab and would like to assure you that it has never been a policy of the company to use hote cars only instead guest preferences are always important to us.
Entire front desk team has been reprimanded on the issue and briefed to comply with the guests request.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We only stayed one day and a night but I have to say it was great. The room we had was superb and the service very good. The food served was very good. and I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Delhi.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Maidens Hotel for your stay in Delhi. We are glad to know that you
Liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with us.
Look forward to your next visit.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the Maidens. Rooms were great, location in Old Delhi was brilliant and not too far from the metro. Staff were very friendly and the hotel was incredibly good value for money. As other reviewers have written - our best hotel of our entire trip and I've have no hestitation in recommending it to thers

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
MaidensHotel-Delhi, General Manager at Maidens Hotel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your reviews about your experience at Maidens hotel.

I am happy to note that our hotel was the "best hotel" through your entire trip in india and you had a pleasant stay with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction. Your invaluable feedback helps and inspires us to strive harder for excellence. Your generous feedback has been shared with the team for making your stay a comfortable one.

I once again thank you for your kind words and your recommendation. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Maidens and every endeavor will be made to ensure that Maidens Hotel become your home when visiting this city.

Been to Maidens Hotel? Share your experiences!