“A little tired but wonderful spa and restaurants” 4 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Dr. Zakir Hussain Marg, New Delhi 110003, India   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 599 Hotels in New Delhi
Brisbane, Australia
“A little tired but wonderful spa and restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed in this excellent hotel twice on our recent tour, the first time for 2 nights and the second for one night before flying home. The staff are excellent, but were a little stressed on the second occasion as it was so busy. The suites we stayed in were in good order, very comfortable and spotless. The rooms will be needing a makeover soon, getting a bit dated. The spa and fitness facilities are outstanding, don't miss out on some wonderful relaxation. Most excellent in the hotel are a good bar, great breakfast, fine dining Italian and chinese restaurants of excellent international standards. New Delhi is a surprisingly green, cosmopolitan and pleasant city, and the hotel is in the most ideal location for tourists. We will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: Travel in the off season, this hotel can be very busy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services. We are glad that you enjoyed the location, food and beverage at the restauranta and the health and wellness facilities.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the guest room. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Langtoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have just finished a month of working in New Delhi and stayed at the Oberoi during that time. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in, not based on lovely gardens or fancy design, but due to the fact the staff are fantastic from top to bottom. Some highlights (over and above what you would expect from a hotel of this standard) :-
- On check in shown to my room by reception staff.
- Being asked, and supplied with, fruit of my choice every day
- Having many staff members greet me by name within a few days
- Room service menu ( which was superb by the way) where they would tweak the food to suit my palette, recommend dishes and always smile.
- Breakfast staff who genuinely seemed pleased to see me, remembered my preferences and -Valishi (bless her heart) even insisted on carrying my iPad for me.
Every member of staff was prepared to go the extra mile to please and had the result of making my stay memorable. I was lucky enough to meet the GM while I was there and every member of staff is a testament to good management style.
For the cynics who may be thinking "they were working for tips" the hotel has a no tip at the time policy! ...leave a gratuity on check out for all, I emptied my wallet and don't begrudge one rupee.
Do try Taipan on the rooftop it's superb, definately take in Sunday brunch in the main 360 and enjoy both indoor and outdoor pools for the tray if nothing else.
A special word of mention has to go to Isha Chauhan who without her help, patience and perseverance I would never have got IPL tickets while I was there.
There is no choice in my opinion, if you are staying in Delhi stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services- especially Vaishali and Isha.

At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

galveston, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We love this place!

The security at the Oberoi is significant. There are armed guards at the main Oberoi gate and a real sense of safety throughout the grounds. Lots of helpful staff, in addition.

Our room was small, but quite comfortable. Clean and nice. Quiet.

We were especially pleased with the Indian food - both the bountiful buffet at lunch and a special multi-course dinner (for about 20 on our overland tour.) This multi-course dinner included some of the best Indian food of my life.

The Oberoi breakfast buffet was very good. The restaurant service was exceptional, as well. Yes, I know the Oberoi restaurant is in India, but we had some very average Indian meals while in India. In summary, the food at the Oberoi is not to be missed.

I can recommend this hotel to any traveler - without reservation. Enjoy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about the security at the hotel, the room and the meals served in the threesixty restaurant. I am glad that your Indian meal was memorable and exceeded your expectations.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here two nights when we arrived to India for a vacation and were immediately taken to our room to complete the check in process there. The staff were very helpful throughout our stay and consistent with the high standards of the Oberoi chain. The hotel is in a good location and within easy walking distance to Humayun's Tomb. The gym and pool were very nice, especially give the May heat. The breakfast was spectacular and food at the 360 restaurant very good. We would strongly recommend this hotel without any reservations.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel, team and services. We are glad that you enjoyed the health and wellness facilities and the food at threesixty.

Guwahati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I like more Oberoi Grand Kolkata, but this Oberoi at Delhi is also no exception. It maintains it class. It is of its own class. Excellent. Near Mathuraroad DPS, it is in avery convenient location. Food has varieties and of quality. Of course I stayed here only 2 days . Oberoi launches free stay coupon time time. My husband got some free night stay coupons. We used those. Thi s added facways.ility of Oberoi group. You can get miles for stay.
Rooms maintenance : class

Room Tip: I didnot have any choice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback.

Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We had a comfortable stay in this hotel. It is well located in the south of Delhi, not far from most of the tourist places and markets. Although the hotel was not very swanky but by and large it is a great place to stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback.

Vadodara, Gujarat India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

On our visit to Delhi we decided to stay a couple of days at the Oberoi Delhi. I must say the location of the hotel is very impressive in the heart of Delhi overlooking the Delhi Golf Club. However the rooms are a bit dated and need to be renovated. The restaurant Threesixty serves good multi-cuisine food although it is on the expensive side. The service was up to the mark and as with any Oberoi hotel which is … Excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding our location, service and the good food at our All day Dining restaurant threesixty. Our hotel is centrally located with close proximity to the Delhi Golf course and The Humayun’s Tomb.

I have also taken a careful note of your comment regarding the rooms and food being expensive. We have spent a considerable amount of time and money continuously upgrading our rooms and facilities, the comfort of our guests is our sole focus. I regret they did not meet your approval. We also have a variety of rooms and suites to choose from. Should your travel bring you back to Delhi, I will be happy to show you around. With regards to your comment regarding the food being expensive, our prices are in line with all the other 5 star establishments in the city. I apologize for any inconvenience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, New Delhi

Jay Rathore
VP & General Manager

Been to The Oberoi, New Delhi? Share your experiences!