“Superb staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 608 Hotels in New Delhi
Colchester Essex UK
“Superb staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Well located near to the sights of New Delhi this is an impressive hotel with superb staff who gave excellent service.Choice of three restaurants serving either Indian,Italian or Chinese food were all good.Very nice spa,gym and outdoor pool Highly recommended

Room Tip: Rooms facing over golf course will be a bit quieter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the encouraging remarks about our hotel- especially the resaurants and the fitness & wellness facilities

Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Everything about this wonderful hotel was terrific. One of my favorite things was a no-tip policy. The staff are so anxious to exceed your expectations. Constantly. But they refuse an offer of a tip. I was beyond impressed. Restaurant was great. Room service was wonderful. Room was quiet, spacious, and comfortable. Lots of extra comforts like a TV in the bathroom. When I go back to New Delhi, I hope to stay again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel and services.

Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

As a frequent traveller, I would say this has to be the very best hotel I have stayed in. It's the service that is 'second to none". Gracious, unobtrusive,elegant and the staff always willing to go the extra mile. Coming from a country that tipping is not familiar they have a great system where you can give a final tip at the end of your stay and its generalised. Food was prepared well. As a traveller alone, I felt very safe there.

Room Tip: I only had one to compare with. It was perfect for me.
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel. We are glad that you felt comfortable and safe.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

As with all of the best hotels, The Oberoi get all the small things right. Service was superb throughout, from all departments! Keep up the good work! Rooms are a little small but the space is well utilized and the furnishings are very nice, neatly blending contemporary and Raj era elegance. The fitness centre was state-of-the-art, the food was tasty and the location is great.

I do think that for the money that wifi should be free of charge but I will certainly stay at this property again when I am in Delhi.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you positive comments about the hotel- product and services, especially the fitness centre and the food at the restaurants.

Your generous comments will go a long way to encourage us to do better.

Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The Oberoi's in New Delhi, shows off a nice blend of tradition and contemporary sophistication in design and service quality. With a super layout, you can recognize it as a luxury hotel. Interiors are impeccable and so is the service. It does take a while to get there from the airport now due to traffic but once you reach, you experience the comfort. It provides a range of dining options. The cuisine at 360 degree is lavish and gives you choices of India, European and Oriental cuisine. It also has a number of high end stores for those keen on retail therapy. Rooms are comfortable and with adequate space, although the room I stayed in overlooked the roof. The airconditioning was good, wifi worked well and the staff was very helpful. Overall a great stay and I would look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Pick rooms on higher floors to get a better view. Rooms on first floor overlook the roof.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 19, 2013

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Had an amazing meal at Taipan. food to die for. Hats off to the chef. taipan is a place which still serves real chinese food. Its a thirty year old legend. its not like a typical punjabi chinese what you get at house of ming. Chef was there to assist me and made me tase the authentic flavors of china. now looking forward for the sichuan flavors happening at the Taipan.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding our roof top Chinese restaurant- Taipan. The restaurant is one of the oldest restaurants in Delhi and has been around for more than 30 years.

This has been possible because of patrons like you, who have been a constant source of encouragement.

I look forward to meeting you on your next visit to the restaurant

Rocklin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

While all of the Oberoi hotels are outstanding(we stayed at four of them), I had a particularly pleasant stay at the Oberoi New Delhi. My wife and I arrived at the Oberoi New Delhi around 8:30 AM which is quite a bit earlier than the normal check-in time which is usually after 12 noon. I wondered if we would have to wait four or five hours to check into our room since we were so early. When we arrived at the check-in desk, we were immediately given a room on an upper floor overlooking the pool and the nearby golf course. I mentioned that I really appreciated this early check-in since the usual check-in time was quite a bit later. The response I received from the desk person was that the Oberoi knew we were arriving early and, therefore, made appropriate arrangements for an early check-in. Needless to say, my wife and were very impressed, and this was only the beginning. After we received our luggage, I noticed that there were white stains all over one of the suitcases (stain caused by de-icing the plane in Munich, Germany). I called housekeeping and asked if they could help remove the stains; yes, was the response. Three employees of the hotel contacted me almost immediately, one of them took my suitcase for a couple of hours, and "lo and behold," the suitcase was clean and devoid of any stains! Above and beyond, I would say... That evening, we ate dinner at the Italian restaurant on the ground floor, had great service there and told the waiter we might return in a couple of days. We arrived for dinner two days later, the reservations were already in place and we had never even mentioned what our last name was! I wish I could mention a few things that needed improvement, but frankly, I can't think of any. The service there was, needless to say, exemplary and outstanding.

Room Tip: I think that the rooms facing the pool and the nearby golf course were a bit more picturesque.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your generous comments regarding the product, services and appreciation of our hotel team, will go a long way to encourage us to do better. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to The Oberoi, New Delhi? Share your experiences!