“What Can I Say? It was great!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Internet
Ranked #4 of 594 hotels in New Delhi
Rocklin, California
“What Can I Say? It was great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

While all of the Oberoi hotels are outstanding(we stayed at four of them), I had a particularly pleasant stay at the Oberoi New Delhi. My wife and I arrived at the Oberoi New Delhi around 8:30 AM which is quite a bit earlier than the normal check-in time which is usually after 12 noon. I wondered if we would have to wait four or five hours to check into our room since we were so early. When we arrived at the check-in desk, we were immediately given a room on an upper floor overlooking the pool and the nearby golf course. I mentioned that I really appreciated this early check-in since the usual check-in time was quite a bit later. The response I received from the desk person was that the Oberoi knew we were arriving early and, therefore, made appropriate arrangements for an early check-in. Needless to say, my wife and were very impressed, and this was only the beginning. After we received our luggage, I noticed that there were white stains all over one of the suitcases (stain caused by de-icing the plane in Munich, Germany). I called housekeeping and asked if they could help remove the stains; yes, was the response. Three employees of the hotel contacted me almost immediately, one of them took my suitcase for a couple of hours, and "lo and behold," the suitcase was clean and devoid of any stains! Above and beyond, I would say... That evening, we ate dinner at the Italian restaurant on the ground floor, had great service there and told the waiter we might return in a couple of days. We arrived for dinner two days later, the reservations were already in place and we had never even mentioned what our last name was! I wish I could mention a few things that needed improvement, but frankly, I can't think of any. The service there was, needless to say, exemplary and outstanding.

Room Tip: I think that the rooms facing the pool and the nearby golf course were a bit more picturesque.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the wonderful things you have said about our hotel.

Your generous comments regarding the product, services and appreciation of our hotel team, will go a long way to encourage us to do better. At The Oberoi, New Delhi, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

We are extremely delighted to have you as an “ambassador” for The Oberoi, New Delhi and look forward to welcoming you back.

1,034 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This is a 5 star hotel that WHO provided for me. So I don't know much about location.

But if we talk about room -- you will find a great one here.

One thing you will love about this hotel is a buffet breakfast line, where a lot and various number of foods are provided, with an awsome taste.

Apart from the luxury room and other facilitators. I'm so sure that all staff in this hotel got a well-trained. They, all of the, staff at the reservation desk, room keeping, at the restaurant, etc, are so good and always be ready to give a great service. And I think this will make any hotel becomes a real 5 stars.

So appreciate that!!

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you positive comments about the hotel- product and services, especially the reservation and housekeeping.

We are glad that you enjoyed our buffet spread and our attentive service in the restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have been staying at Oberoi properties for years, and each time I marvel at the exquisite service. The Oberoi in Delhi provides service unmatched by any other luxury hotel in Europe, The U.S. or throughout Asia. It is impeccable. They take personal attention to the highest possible level. There is no other hotel I would consider in Delhi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. Your generous comments regarding our team and service standards will go a long way to encourage us to do better

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The Oberoi, New Delhi, is , without the shadow of a doubt, the best hotel we have ever stayed at. In Delhi, yes, but also worldwide. . The rooms are gorgeous and the attention to detail is surprising. The rooms are brilliantly thought out to make your stay as comfortable and effortless as possible.

The staff gives a new meaning to 'excellence in service'. They exceed expectations in how they are friendly. helpful and truly kind, without being obsequious. They are also very thoughtful to a level that is truly touching, remembering your tastes and queries. Few hotels can achieve this level of service, but combining it with the memory and personal touch they give, is an amazing feat!

The included breakfast is breathtaking in its quality and variety and really helps you start the day well.

I strongly recommend The Oberoi, New Delhi, to any traveler, be it for business or pleasure, who wants to visit Delhi and retreat into a haven of peace and indulgence! Go for it, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor and had no complaints at all regarding noise or the view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation and encouragement. We are glad that you had a memorable stay and the team was able to meet your expectations.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We have stayed here 2 nights now on the beginning of our Oberoi hotel tour in India, we have one more night to go, but i thought i should review now while i have some time and Internet.
The service i must say is exceptional from every one we have encountered and the hotel is a lovely older style hotel. the rooms are a little dated compared to what i am used to expecting of such a high calibre hotel, but the beds are still very comfortable and the pillow menu ensures a great nights sleep.
we are staying in a premier room which like i said feels a bit dated but has a wonderful view.
If i were to stay agin i would like to upgrade to a nicer room.
In all it has been a great experience so far and i look forward to experiencing the famous Oberoi spa tonight.

Room Tip: premier are nice but if you can afford i would upgrade to the more modern rooms.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation. We are glad that you had a memorable stay and we were able to meet your expectations.

I have also taken note of your comment regarding the rooms. While all our rooms are extremely well appointed and comfortable, we also have a small inventory of more contemporary styled rooms and I will be happy to personally show them to you on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The room was not ready as we arrived just after 5 pm, but the extremely pleasant and helpful check-in staff more than compensated by looking after our immediate needs. The rooms as well as the rest rooms were very well decorated and furnished. However, the food left a little to be desired, both in terms of its preparation and it seemed awfully over priced for what we ordered. It was our first stay at an Oberoi property, having heard that it matched or exceeded the Taj experience which we had frequented often and we came away with mixed feelings.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
TheOberoi-NewDelhi, General Manager at The Oberoi, New Delhi, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the comfortable guest room and the staff. I apologize that you had to wait for your room.

I have taken note of your comment regarding the food. I regret the inconvenience. I would also like to share with you that our prices are in line with other 5 star properties in Delhi. I truly regret that you did not enjoy the meal, I have shared your feedback with the Executive Chef who joins me in apologizing to you and hoping that you will give us another chance. We will do our best to delight you, should you give us an opportunity again in the future.

Sincerely

Jay Rathore
VP & General Manager
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Really luxurious hotel with lovely rooms, great food and excellent service.

I was only there three days but could happilly have stayed longer! The room was lovely and clean with a fantastically comfortable bed. The service was really good, there when you wanted them but not pushy.

Lovely pool and one really excellent idea - a small bottle of suncream so that you didn't have to worry if, like me, you hadn't brought any!

My only small complaint is that apart from the sunbeds round the pool there was no outside sitting space where you could just sit out and read a book and have a coffee.

Apart from that it was a fabulous stay and will certainly be my hotel of choice next time I am in Delhi.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We are truly grateful for the encouraging remarks about our hotel- especially the comfortable bed and the service at the pool side

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to The Oberoi, New Delhi? Share your experiences!